I washed my belt.

outonbail

Living My Dreams
Reaction score
Yesterday, my instructor told me to wash my belt.

when i first started 18 months ago, he told me to never wash my belt, but he said he never thought it could get as dirty as mine. I should've took a picture, it was miserable, seriously. you guys ever saw a belt, covered in blood stains, ketchup, mayonaise?

Or..even worse, i left it together in a bag with cooked chicken after a competition, the chicken got unwrapped from the plastic, and it was rubbing against my belt, so there was a whole brown spot on it. my belt even smelled like chicken.

would you guys have washed it or just bought a new one? it was a pain in my heart to wash it, and I asked my mom to do it since i couldn't watch it going into the washing machine O_O'

I wash my Gi and belt after every practice, no exceptions. seems like any dirt or bacteria that gets on the gi would also be on the belt. Belts are cheaper to replace than limbs that rot off from MRSA or some shit.

To be honest, you never think to wash your belt because of "Oh it's just a belt." But your belt is susceptible to carrying bacteria just like your gi and clothes do.

It's a tradition not to wash your belt, but when you really think about it... it's really gross to think how much bacteria an unwashed belt has over time.... especially for the guys that roll A LOT for several years.

a little blood never hurt anyone. But if my belt had chicken and ketchup stains on it...then I would wash it just because lol. Washing it ain't that big a deal.

Are you going out to eat in your gi or something?
Why would you have food on it?

thats just nasty... you are just promoting the spread of diseases by not washing. now why would you put food and a gi together?

you need to wash it after every class imo.

you sound like a gigantic slob.

You should respect it a little more than that and stop getting food all over it.

That's disrespectful to the other people in your club.

I wish my Gi and belt after each class. If I ended up getting a skin infection from someone at my club who came in with a dirty Gi or belt I would be pissed.

Not this shit again

reminds me of when they asked me to fly without my magic feather...

cant you just put your belt in the tumble drier or something to kill the germs?

it might still look dirty, but at least the germs will be dead.

that's a little disgusting LoL. If it was a belt without sentimental value I would have trashed it and bought another.

Your instructor had to tell you to wash your belt? Be embarrassed, smelly kid in class.

Congratulations on fulfilling basic hygiene?

Belts should be washed on a regular basis with the rest of the gi, and everybody knows that no matter how much they try to weasel out of it with superstition. Please just be clean for everybody's sake.

Back