I washed my belt.

Your hands are the dirtiest part of your body, and you touch your belt with them often likely. Wash your belt every time you use it, every time.

Keep the food out of your gym bag, that's fucking gross.

Wash your gi too ya slob.

you guys that wash your belts all the time, how do you keep the stripes from coming off in the wash?

don't listen to the guys saying to wash it all the time, just don't get fucking food on it!!

you guys that wash your belts all the time, how do you keep the stripes from coming off in the wash?

Sew your stripes on as little white strips of cloth. You can buy some cloth ribbon at a fabric store very cheaply.

The tape stripes are really annoying anyway because even if you don't wash your belt, they come off after a period of time regardless. I have two stripes sewn on my blue belt for over three years now, and they stay on perfectly through the wash.

Sewing takes like fifteen minutes one time. It actually ends up being more convenient to sew them on since you can just forget about them going forward. With the tape stripes, they are constantly falling off and requiring you to reapply the tape from time to time.

Yesterday, my instructor told me to wash my belt.

when i first started 18 months ago, he told me to never wash my belt, but he said he never thought it could get as dirty as mine. I should've took a picture, it was miserable, seriously. you guys ever saw a belt, covered in blood stains, ketchup, mayonaise?

Or..even worse, i left it together in a bag with cooked chicken after a competition, the chicken got unwrapped from the plastic, and it was rubbing against my belt, so there was a whole brown spot on it. my belt even smelled like chicken.

would you guys have washed it or just bought a new one? it was a pain in my heart to wash it, and I asked my mom to do it since i couldn't watch it going into the washing machine O_O'

Make sure your mom scubs the shit stains from your drawers your disgusting pig.

Buy more tape...

I know a lot of people have some superstition about their belts and all, but the people who pioneered these superstitions had no idea what germs were or how diseases passed from person to person.

Wash your damn belt, for the good of yourself and everyone around you.

Or..even worse, i left it together in a bag with cooked chicken after a competition, the chicken got unwrapped from the plastic, and it was rubbing against my belt, so there was a whole brown spot on it. my belt even smelled like chicken.

Hahahaha! Seriously? Why the hell did you have a whole cooked chicken in your gym bag?

This thread is full of win based on the responses alone. Thanks everyone.

**Edit: Sorry, for some reason I read that you had "a chicken" which I interpreted as a whole chicken.

Hahahaha! Seriously? Why the hell did you have a whole cooked chicken in your gym bag?

This thread is full of win based on the responses alone. Thanks everyone.

**Edit: Sorry, for some reason I read that you had "a chicken" which I interpreted as a whole chicken.

seriously, after the weight ins i'm hungry as fuck. well and err.. it was a whole cooked chicken LOL ! they sell those things for about 4$ here.

the responses are indeed full of win.. i should've knew it when posting this, fail.

that's a little disgusting LoL. If it was a belt without sentimental value I would have trashed it and bought another.

haha, no fear, it's clean now so no worries when training with me in 2 weeks in rio haha.

If you tape them on properly, then the tapes won't fall off.
I wash my belt 3-4 times a week, and they are still on.

I think there were a thread about what kind of tape people use. It was mentioned how to tape, and what type of tape is good to use.

I was my belt (and pants and jacket) after every class. Those puddles of sweat that you see on the mats during class are what your belt is sliding across when you grapple.

Wash your belt, gi, and any other equipment after every use.

If you lose a stripe replace it. If you can't remember how many stripes you have you might want to quit JJ.

Anyone who tells you not to is being ridiculous, ignore them and do it anyways, they won't know.

You should wash it all the time. End of story.

na, my bjj coach told me to never watch my belt because it's kinda like a symbol of your hard work. You get your strength from your belt.

TO TS, if it's become a hygiene issue, you should wash it. haha

Your hands are the dirtiest part of your body, and you touch your belt with them often likely. Wash your belt every time you use it, every time.

Interesting? I would say the great majority of people would prefer to shake my hand rather than touch my bunger?

Man I can't believe most of you guys are falling for this troll.

Back