I was limited by bicep strength

rickdog said:
Yours was a well thought out post and I respect that. I still see nothing wrong with seconding what somebody else says. Do I understand everything about physiology and neuroscience? not even close.

The point is that I do see people overcomplicating alot of things in weightlifting. In my experience it has been the guys that talk about trying this and that and gain a greater "understanding" about the muscles, are the ones who have the least results, again thi8s is my personal experience, obviously not the case all the time.

Maybe my frustration in those situations lead me to be hasty in a quick response. I have no problem with Yomon's original post and maybe, at times, I oversimplify.

Agreed. I have many times heard people ask for advice on how to supplement everything but they don't have a solid diet or a solid workout routine. Personally the best gains I've ever made in the gym where when I didn't really supplement anything and put 100% focus on my workouts. Many people over think in the wrong area's without a solid base. They want an edge or an advantage when they really should be focusing on the basics.

Over thinking is an important part of the process though, because many concepts that were once weird (bands, chains, supersetting, periodizatiton) are utilized now by many top athletes. Be glad that some people sacrifice gains to read in the library so you can sacrifice reading in the library for gains after their technical research article is reprinted in a magazine so you can easily assimilate it into your current routine.

Granted though, if some skinny fuck came up to me in the gym and said "my biomechanics teacher says that the emphasis on the shoulder is shifted over to the trapezious muscle after 90 degrees of flexion by the gleno-humerol joint, and therefore you are doing your front raises wrong." I would throw my dumbell at his head.

LOL @ your last paragraph. I think I would have a brain hemorhage if he said that to me. In all seriousness I think we are both on the same page. Please don't get me wrong, I do appreciate some of the research but it's the people who you describe so eloquently in your last paragraph that I am used to dealing with and it does get irritating listening to the same rants, when all they really need is to learn the meaning of hard work.

rickdog said:
Ok you go on believing what you want. Keep wondering why you are weak and limp wristed. My guess would be that it is because you spend all your time speculating over something instead of hitting the weights. How's that for an original thought...... "GEEZ"

I hit the weights every day and I'm plenty strong... (1500 RAW total)

Did you just insult me without asking Urban? For shame, don't try to write this crap again until you get his consent.

LOL @ you hitting the weights every day. Please share your 7 day a week program so we can all try it and be as powerful as you.

P.S. Urban, is this post ok?

Back