I was a writer for Iron Fist AMA.

2uputd5.jpg
Two completely different people

11rqh4p.jpg

Where was your question? I'm sorry. I must have missed it buddy.

Basically it was why did they make Danny’s character so stupid, or lacking intelligence? It seems like every time the dialogue went “they’re going to know we’re coming. What’s our strategy?”

Danny would always be like “We just go in and fight them.”

His character didn’t start off that way. He started as a guy who was a bit naive, child like even, but had a zen like awareness and patience. Then turned into “way, way, way, I want to punch everybody!”

Whose fault was that? I want names.

Edit: was supposed to be wah wah wah, it way.

Yup that's right. I was on set and a writer for Netflix's Iron Fist. AMA.

I have a question Mr. DembonesPLUSone... Do you have only one sherdog account? The reason I ask is because I find it unlikely that TWO different writers for Iron Fist are sherdog members...
They canceled the third season of Iron Fist which is hilarious because we filmed half that season anyway

Little old ladies on Mott/Bayard/Pell streets kept walking past the safety strips towards our dead man's lines for an armored car punch scene and even when production posted Chinese speakers at the barricades they still shuffled towards explosions

We'd film all night and the same ladies would come out at 3 am to steal everyone's curbside recycling

<2>

yeh I came on during season 2 and everyone's reaction was "they're still making...ok"

Luke Cage is practically the same show and is doing far better, it made sense to pull

So naturally one is lying, I'd like to know which.

How much of this is the fault of Scott Buck? I so because he moved to another marvel show I didn’t watch but it was apparently worse than aids.

I'm getting really sick and fucking tired of this. I didn't post this thread in the Mayberry because of how everyone is so critical of this show. I put my heart and soul into this show. I can't control what other people did with my work. I wasnt considered a senior writer. You can go fuck yourself. Keep on going and ruin a good thing for everyone.

I knew everyone wasn't going to be happy and chipper but don't personally attack me. You don't know how many hours I stayed awake and worked on this. I wanted this to go over so bad. It's actually very heart breaking for me.

Don't let these guys get to you man. There are some pretty terrible mean spirited people on here. Many of us know this and if you don't respond to them it will not look like weakness but strength.

I was thinking it would be better to ask you what you would want fans to know about the show and how you feel about it rather than fire off a ton of questions.

Two completely different people

I thought mayberry was supposed to be for more friendly discussion . How come you guys have let it go to shit over here? Have you read this thread? Do you feel like the tone of some of the posters here is mayberry?

Loved the show, it was very poorly written, especially in season two.

Was legit sad the show was cancelled, the season 3 teaser left a lot of questions about where they might be going etc.

Find out one of the writers made 12k fucking posts here in 8 months.

So, he wastes all his time on the Internet instead of writing good shit, or at the very minimum putting time in with other writers and show runners to get his points across.

He wastes time he should have spent working on a show I liked and it failed. That’s why I’m pissed.

Jesus Christ, you’re an entitled asshole.

That can’t even read the goddamn thread.

Are you responsible for it sucking so much? I mean that show was complete shit.

If it is truly "ask me anything"

where were you when Osama Bin Laden was killed by Obama and how did you feel

I have a couple of former coworkers that are trying to write in LA now.

From the process you describe it sounds quite odd.

My former coworkers are absolutely wonderful people, but are quite introverted.

The way you describe the job sounds like a nightmare for introverts:

- Shove a bunch of creative people in a room together.
- Hopefully something creative comes out.
- Then, once it gets a once over by someone higher up the corporate ladder, that person will change it anyway.
- Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Basically it was why did they make Danny’s character so stupid, or lacking intelligence? It seems like every time the dialogue went “they’re going to know we’re coming. What’s our strategy?”

Danny would always be like “We just go in and fight them.”

His character didn’t start off that way. He started as a guy who was a bit naive, child like even, but had a zen like awareness and patience. Then turned into “way, way, way, I want to punch everybody!”

Whose fault was that? I want names.

Edit: was supposed to be wah wah wah, it way.

Well you gotta remember, Danny spent years and years outside of New York. He didn't become an adult with his friends. So we wanted to reflect that once he came back. It was a majority vote process on this actually to be 100%.

It was one of those it sounded good on paper ideas...

If it is truly "ask me anything"

where were you when Osama Bin Laden was killed by Obama and how did you feel

That's one of those moments you remember. I was actually watching my cousins huskies at the time while she was in Peru. It was strange too because I decided to just turn the news on and I used to never watch CNN or Fox back then.

As Iron Fist, Danny is supposed to be the most gifted and capable warrior in Kun Lun. Why was he portrayed as significantly weaker than a lot of the other characters? He didn't seem to be any better at fighting than Colleen and several steps below someone like Stick. Isn't Stick an outcast of Kun Lun? Shouldn't Danny be better than him?

That's one of those moments you remember. I was actually watching my cousins huskies at the time while she was in Peru. It was strange too because I decided to just turn the news on and I used to never watch CNN or Fox back then.

BUT HOW DID YOU FEEL

WERE YOU SAD FOR YOUR TERRORIST MASTER

ADMIT IT

HE ORDERED YOU TO RUIN IRON FIST

I'm getting really sick and fucking tired of this. I didn't post this thread in the Mayberry because of how everyone is so critical of this show. I put my heart and soul into this show. I can't control what other people did with my work. I wasnt considered a senior writer. You can go fuck yourself. Keep on going and ruin a good thing for everyone.

I knew everyone wasn't going to be happy and chipper but don't personally attack me. You don't know how many hours I stayed awake and worked on this. I wanted this to go over so bad. It's actually very heart breaking for me.

Yeah, you were probably safer in the OT or where none of the docile movie/TV folk don’t dare go. On the other hand though, you are providing a sense of closure for a lot of folks. Just keep rolling with it. The beauty of a AMA thread is you can choose which questions to answer. You don’t have to entertain every plebe in this thread.

Well you gotta remember, Danny spent years and years outside of New York. He didn't become an adult with his friends. So we wanted to reflect that once he came back. It was a majority vote process on this actually to be 100%.

It was one of those it sounded good on paper ideas...

That goes back to that “not enough people familiar with the character” statement you made. What exactly is the process for bringing people in on projects like that? How much familiarity with the subject matter is expected of the writers? Or is it, “Here’s a loose synopsis of the character, go make good TV.”?

Back