I was a writer for Iron Fist AMA.

Rw8xzPF.gif

The show was a hot bag of flaming dog shit.....are you proud?

Yeah, you were probably safer in the OT or where none of the docile movie/TV folk don’t dare go. On the other hand though, you are providing a sense of closure for a lot of folks. Just keep rolling with it. The beauty of a AMA thread is you can choose which questions to answer. You don’t have to entertain every plebe in this thread.

That goes back to that “not enough people familiar with the character” statement you made. What exactly is the process for bringing people in on projects like that? How much familiarity with the subject matter is expected of the writers? Or is it, “Here’s a loose synopsis of the character, go make good TV.”?

Thanks dude.

And...

What I'm about to say covers the entire industry not just comic book TV shows. It's truly about who you know. Now there are some people who know their shit but it's very few and far between. I know a bit about Iron Fist from reading various comics as a kid. I had to read up on him though before I started but I knew enough going in.

There were some people who didn't know shit.

And I've been reading y'all's feed back on Iron Fist before I made my account.

I’d just like to say that I actually liked season 1 quite a bit. I found the character of Ward quite compelling, and the actor did a good job (I liked him on Banshee too).

Who came up with idea that Danny would need training from Colleen in season 2? To me that was by far the most cringeworthy thing the show ever did — to have Kun Lun’s champion need basic martial arts training from a literal karate instructor.

Also, someone else asked what was supposed to have happened to Kun Lun at the end of season 1, but I didn’t see you provide an answer. Do you have any idea if they would ever reveal its fate in a future season? If so, do you know what the plans (or tentative plans) would have looked like?

I’d just like to say that I actually liked season 1 quite a bit. I found the character of Ward quite compelling, and the actor did a good job (I liked him on Banshee too).

Who came up with idea that Danny would need training from Colleen in season 2? To me that was by far the most cringeworthy thing the show ever did — to have Kun Lun’s champion need basic martial arts training from a literal karate instructor.

Also, someone else asked what was supposed to have happened to Kun Lun at the end of season 1, but I didn’t see you provide an answer. Do you have any idea if they would ever reveal its fate in a future season? If so, do you know what the plans (or tentative plans) would have looked like?

Ward was my pride and joy. I felt we did a great job with him. I personally felt that most people overlooked his character. Ah, there were a lot of opportunities for character growth and development for him.

I don't wanna sound sexist but that's what happens when you get a lot of female writers. That's about the only thing I can say about Collen.

People wanted to create a second Kun Lun. A sort of sanctuary within a sanctuary iirc. That was mess. I was super pissed over how Kun Lun was treated.

TS avatar sucks. You are a garbage writer if you enjoy that kind of music. Iron Fist was garbage. Enough said.

TS avatar sucks. You are a garbage writer if you enjoy that kind of music. Iron Fist was garbage. Enough said.

I'm sorry you feel that way. A skylit drives third album was one of the most well done albums of all times and competes with Pink Floyd's The Wall in terms of story telling.

Ward was my pride and joy. I felt we did a great job with him. I personally felt that most people overlooked his character. Ah, there were a lot of opportunities for character growth and development for him.

I don't wanna sound sexist but that's what happens when you get a lot of female writers. That's about the only thing I can say about Collen.

People wanted to create a second Kun Lun. A sort of sanctuary within a sanctuary iirc. That was mess. I was super pissed over how Kun Lun was treated.

So was it in fact destroyed then? I always thought that end scene in season 1 made it look like it had been scooped up or something. Like that they had used a spell or some shit to warp away before the Hand or some other enemies could invade.

Are you really MacDuff? MacDuff is my boy!

I'm sorry you feel that way. A skylit drives third album was one of the most well done albums of all times and competes with Pink Floyd's The Wall in terms of story telling.
Now we all know that you are crazy.

Garbage.

So was it in fact destroyed then? I always thought that end scene in season 1 made it look like it had been scooped up or something. Like that they had used a spell or some shit to warp away before the Hand or some other enemies could invade.

Yeahhh. It was in a sense. You're hitting the hammer on the nail though. That was the direction some of us wanted to take. But others felt Danny would grow more as a character being based solely in NY.

Yeahhh. It was in a sense. You're hitting the hammer on the nail though. That was the direction some of us wanted to take. But others felt Danny would grow more as a character being based solely in NY.

Well, I guess that sort of explains then why season 2 didn’t go in the direction I thought it would go. I suspected season 2 would be about Danny and friends trying to find Kun Lun. But instead in season 2 they acted like they were resolved with the idea that it was gone and never coming back. That’s fucking dumb if you ask me.

Well, I guess that sort of explains then why season 2 didn’t go in the direction I thought it would go. I suspected season 2 would be about Danny and friends trying to find Kun Lun. But instead in season 2 they acted like they were resolved with the idea that it was gone and never coming back. That’s fucking dumb if you ask me.
<28>

Tell me about it. I thought it was horrible too but I had to work with what they gave me.

Do you think it's a bad idea to bring in female writers for a show that is mostly targeted towards the male demographic?

Back