I was a writer for Iron Fist AMA.

^this
@90 50 needs to calm down and show a little respect. Even if you're going to be critical, you could at least be a little bit tactful.

Not even that. Just don’t beat it into the ground. We get it. The dude posts a lot. It I really doubt that was the problem with the show - one of the many writers posting too much on Sherdog.

Why do you only shoot blacks?

I'm getting really sick and fucking tired of this. I didn't post in the Mayberry because of how everyone is so critical of police. I put my heart and soul into this job. I can't control what other people do. I’m not considered a police official. You can go fuck yourself. Keep on going and ruin the neighborhood.

I knew everyone wasn't going to be happy and chipper but don't personally attack me. You don't know how many hours of overtime I put into this job. I want every day to go over well. It's actually very heart breaking that disenfranchised people get shot every day, likely on their way to bible study, or to volunteer at a soup kitchen.

I had a question more about the industry. How exactly do young break out as a writer? What sort of application process is there and how do you go about it?

So lets say I write a really basic scene right now.
Person A thinks it would be better if the conversation took place somewhere else. So the location gets changed. Person B thinks the dialogue would so better if you change up the lines. Then more people turn what they did into their vision. It was a joke.

Don't get me started on the damn mask. If it was up to me, he would've been in full Iron Fist outfit 65% of the time because you're right about Finn. I saw things like you saw things.

And I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the family dynamic. We really wanted to make it seem like everything was perfect on the outside but once you got behind the veil it would be one of the most horrendous train wrecks ever witnessed.

Mission accomplished man.

I don't hate Finn. I think he was OK as Danny Rand. As a "nice guy in flip flops who discovers he is a billionaire" he was fine. I can see how he got the role. It was just the superhero stuff.

As for dialogue, so you think it would be better if one person had control over that? Just give it to one person and let it flow from them? Or what is the best way to make that kind of thing work in your opinion?

Also, did you get to meet Alice Eve in season 2? Is she as gorgeous in real life as she is on TV? Do writers ever get to plow the actresses?

O
i've met some tv writers before. they are normal people. but since the answers are vague at best and he's given no proof - it's a lie. until otherwise proven..
There's lawyers, chef's, law enforcement, professional fighters, nurses, zoologists and military who post here... I don't find it that unreasonable that a screenwriter of a shitshow is a member, think your tinfoil hat is a bit tight bruh.

of course you're a virgin. we all secretly discuss your virginity behind your back.

Lolwut? You gotta work on the reading comprehension homie ... maybe PM one of the posters who work in education.

I had a question more about the industry. How exactly do young break out as a writer? What sort of application process is there and how do you go about it?

It's all about networking and trying to meet new people. It's literally that simple. It's easier said than done. Tbh, I was just at the right place at the right time. You go through several meetings. I probably had 5 or 6.

They seemed to love my ideas and writing but I quickly felt like just another number and nothing I was doing was important.

Mission accomplished man.

I don't hate Finn. I think he was OK as Danny Rand. As a "nice guy in flip flops who discovers he is a billionaire" he was fine. I can see how he got the role. It was just the superhero stuff.

As for dialogue, so you think it would be better if one person had control over that? Just give it to one person and let it flow from them? Or what is the best way to make that kind of thing work in your opinion?

Also, did you get to meet Alice Eve in season 2? Is she as gorgeous in real life as she is on TV? Do writers ever get to plow the actresses?

LMFAO at writers plowing them. I fucking wish. And no, I didn't get to see her. Sorry. I did get to see Jessica though. I have more of a chance of fucking 10,000 different women than I do with hooking up with one of the actresses.

And yes, I wish dialouge was kept to just one person. However, there would need to be a consultant (who doesn't have any creative influence over the writer.) Someone who can offer great insight and knowledge of the characters.

Lol at demanding employment verification.
<{outtahere}>

Wtf? Next time I see a " this chick at work digs me, what do I do? " thread in here I demand verification that the ts isnt a virgin :eek::eek::eek:.

Blood on sheets or ban !

I only slept for 2-3 hours a day. So that's 7 hours according to your math. The rest of my time was spent slaving over this show. I like to spend my downtime here. Seriously, you're being ridiculous. No one would listen to me because everyone else had more experience. All my shit got revised and changed. It's actually a pretty shitty situation. It is what it is though. I learned how to play the game. I understand that you want somebody to blame but it's not me.
are you worried that eventually this thread will be indexed in Google and it could lead to someone discovering who you are - and your subsequent blackballing.

LMFAO at writers plowing them. I fucking wish. And no, I didn't get to see her. Sorry. I did get to see Jessica though. I have more of a chance of fucking 10,000 different women than I do with hooking up with one of the actresses.

And yes, I wish dialouge was kept to just one person. However, there would need to be a consultant (who doesn't have any creative influence over the writer.) Someone who can offer great insight and knowledge of the characters.

Also with 1 writer, it would take about 10 years to write a 24 episode series.

So maybe some kind of script supervisor/Iron Fist expert advisor, but only one person doing the dialogue? That makes sense to me. Is that common? How many writers usually work on a single project in your experience, and how are they to work with? I like writing as a hobby and go to a little writers group on some Monday and Thursday nights. I find the egos even among hobby writers to be pretty funny and out of place. I always imagined it was worse among the pros.

So maybe some kind of script supervisor/Iron Fist expert, but only one person doing the dialogue? That makes sense to me. Is that common? How many writers usually work on a single project in your experience, and how are they to work with? I like writing as a hobby and go to a little writers group on some Monday and Thursday nights. I find the egos even among hobby writers to be pretty funny and out of place. I always imagined it was worse among the pros.

Oh yeah. It's a dick measuring contest.

I mean... Yeah but @Turtlejuice is right about how much longer that process would take. It depends on how big the project is. We had 19 or 20 different writers. That's pretty much the norm for me.

This has been a pretty shitty AMA, tbh.

All we really learned from TS there was a lack of cohesive vision behind the scenes and that he is really defensive of his posting habits.

This has been a pretty shitty AMA, tbh.

All we really learned from TS there was a lack of cohesive vision behind the scenes and that he is really defensive of his posting habits.

Here's a little information for you. Danny was super close to being gay.

Here's a little information for you. Danny was super close to being gay.

A good friend of mine worked on some of the sister series, and as you probably know it's a small world, and he's friends with one of the ADs from the first series of iron fist. I was talking to him about casting and he said the reason they chose who they chose was because of how good he was in GoT. So that really doesn't surprise me.

Back