I want to move to Australia

GBlutador

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
People keep telling me its super hard to get a work visa if your an American. Unless you have something to offer (like a doctor, engineer, etc...). I'm 23 years old, I only have a high school education.

Any sherdoggers successfully moved there with ought high credentials?

I would appreciate the input from any Aussies as well. Cheers and Happy new year.

These are everywhere in Australia. Very painful bite from what I hear.

Heteropoda_venatoria_2a,_Land_O_Lakes,_200205.jpg

Heteropoda_venatoria03.jpg

Good start?

http://australia.travisa.com/TVSVis...ID=AU&&PartnerID=TA&GLID=AUS&CitizenshipID=US

Australian Work and Holiday Visa Requirements for US Citizens

The Work and Holiday visa for Australia is for eligible travelers aged between 18 to 30 to visit Australia for up to 12 months and supplement the cost by casual employment in Australia.
1Passport Requirements:
A photocopy of the passport information and signature page and photocopy of previous Australian and other visas and any relevant passport pages must be sent to Travisa with the visa application materials. The passport must be valid for 6 months beyond stay, with at least one blank visa page available for the Australian entry stamp. The original passport does not need to be submitted with the visa application, but must be carried with the visa through customs upon entry to Australia.
2Australian Visa Application Form:

One Australian visa application form per applicant properly completed and signed. Signature must be original on each Australia visa application. Improperly completed Australian visa application forms may delay the processing of your Australian Work and Holiday Visa.
3Photo Requirements:
Two recent 2 x 2 passport type photographs, in color, front view and with a plain/white background.

OR - you can upload a passport photo to the Global Service Order Form when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.
4Other Forms:
For applicants who have served in the armed forces of any country, certified copies of military service record or discharge papers.

Signed Form 956A, which is a letter of authorization appointing Travisa as authorized to act on your behalf to process this visa application.
5Financial Requirements:
Evidence of sufficient funds to support stay in Australia; certified copy of a bank statement showing access to appropriate funds of at least 5,000 Australian dollars (US dollar amount varies depending on exchange rate).
6Other Requirements:
Certified copy of birth certificate showing names of both parents.
7Special Instructions:
The Embassy of Australia has the right to request any additional documentation, such as educational qualifications or proof of health insurance, at the discretion of the Consular Officer.

I've looked into the visa sites. I'm wondering if anyone has any first hand insights.

I am pretty sure its not particular harder then any other Country. I hear Iceland, Ireland and few other Countries suck to move to because they basically require a job or proof of ancestry or something along these lines? Meaning if you don't have a reason to be there don't bother. I have a friend who was from Ireland met an American girl and moved to Britain because of BS in Ireland and he is from there LOL. Eventually he will be able to bring his wife to Ireland but its funny anyways.

what's wrong with seattle? i lived near there for over 2 years. nice place.

Seattle is nice bro. I've been here 13 years though. Plus I need to escape the Northwest. My old home is Southern California, but not sure I want to head back there. My buddy is some computer genius and lives in sydney. We'll move to the Gold Coast if I make it over.

Plus I'm getting tired of surfing in cold water. WA is brutal.

Last edited:

Heteropoda_venatoria_2a,_Land_O_Lakes,_200205.jpg

Heteropoda_venatoria03.jpg

You know that they're timid, right? They're easily scared off by a human being, and generally inconsequential. In fact, some people want them in their homes to kill off pests.

Spiders don't scare me. Snakes put me into paralysis.

You know that they're timid, right? They're easily scared off by a human being, and generally inconsequential. In fact, some people want them in their homes to kill off pests.

I haven't even seen a spider that big over here.

People seem to think they're literally at every corner lol

I've looked into the visa sites. I'm wondering if anyone has any first hand insights.

You go the immigration website. Apply or the working holiday visa and you get approved within 48 hours unless you have a criminal background then it might take a couple of weeks but you'll get it. It costs a couple hundred.

I haven't even seen a spider that big over here.

People seem to think they're literally at every corner lol

They're definitely not nearly as common as WoW thought they were, but I think that Australia is where most of them are. I don't live in Australia, but I know the spider pretty well. I think some of them are in Asia and Hawaii, too.

To be fair, you probably have run into one at least once, but as I said they're very afraid of humans.

Huntsman Spider

I had one of them fall on my lap while driving from Rockhampton to Gladstone. It fell off of the visor and it also made lose control of my vehicle lol. Good thing there was no one driving on the other lane. It scared the crap out of me.

Last edited:
Those Huntsman spiders are everywhere, at least in Perth. The hotel I was staying in back in February had a massive Golden Orb Weaver spider by the pool area. They wouldn't get rid of it because it was depleting the area of bees and wasps etc.

Back