I want to move to Australia

I have been all over the western US(live in SoCal) and I went to Australia for a month. Anyone that knows me, knows I want to be there in the next year or so. The only shitty thing is my state is crazy about taking kids from their mom. My son wants to go but after doing a shitty court case Ill just loose custody and full time. I almost thinking of moving to OR and even that is to far.

Worth living here for a year. It'll take a while to get used to how expensive everything is but in the end, the lack of guns and violence makes up for the dangerous spiders and snakes you American pussies keep banging on about. Funny thing is, if you go to the Gold Coast that's the most likely place you'll get shot. But still, it's no Jersey.

If you're a chill person it's a good move. If not you'll be frustrated and bored. And also people will be less likely to get a good impression of you because you're American. Hope this helps.

Don't do it, man. Place is a fucking deathtrap.

I suppose by comparison this might be somewhat true compared to most other countries (if we're just talking environmental and biological hazards) every time I hear this from an outsider, all I can think to myself is 'you pussy'. Most Australians barely give any of that any thought at all.

Keep the myth going though, because the flipside of that is that it just makes Aussie look hard, and the rest of y'all soft ***** by constantly bringing it up.

If you're a chill person it's a good move. If not you'll be frustrated and bored. And also people will be less likely to get a good impression of you because you're American. Hope this helps.

I generally call everyone with a north american accent canadian. get a good laugh outta that :p

I constantly hear that it is challenging to live in Australia when you aren't English speaking white.

But, best of luck.

I'm calling bullshit on that. There's plenty doing fine.

If you're American you can generally get in to aus fairly easily.It would really help your cause if you had some tertiary education, woulsnt have to be completed either.

Why would you want to move here though? The us has many states to work with.

I want to go somewhere warm, where I don't have to wear a Wet suit year around to surf. Also, a good friend moved there a couple years back. I can stay with him. I'm not completely uneducated. I have completed a year of community college. And i'm a purple belt in jiu jitsu (means jack shit, but its all i got).

And i'm done living on the mainland. I have things I need to run from as well.

compared to seattle i'd say most of Australia would be warm year round lol.

It's not hard to get a work Visa as a Canadian, so I wouldn't think it would be too much harder as an American, even with only a high school education. Just say you're going to be fruit picking or something. They always need fruit pickers

Anyways, I was in Australia for like 7 months, and it was fantastic. Lots of hostels even post under the table work at their front desk, and jobs aren't easy to come by.

One question : What's with all these people saying don't go; it's a deathtrap due to the poisonous animals? Fucking pussies.

People keep telling me its super hard to get a work visa if your an American. Unless you have something to offer (like a doctor, engineer, etc...). I'm 23 years old, I only have a high school education.

Any sherdoggers successfully moved there with ought high credentials?

I would appreciate the input from any Aussies as well. Cheers and Happy new year.

>start working out
>acquire aesthetics
>when applying for your work visa ask them if they're mirin
>strike godly poses randomly during the day
>become the new zeezprah

i predict death via insect/animal within a week

And by "ftw" I mean eating his friggen FACE CLEAN OFF.

I sponsored people to come and worm for me and have heaps of friends who have come over on working visas.

also surfed pretty much all over australia...

Ask me anything

I live in a suburban area; nice, clean and expensive.

We have a clean house and we get it sprayed every few months for spiders.

I just found a motherf... in my room. I find those big thick black ones that will take your soul if they bite you.

I'm afraid to sleep now, I couldn't find the spray so I ran to teh bathroom and froze the SOB with some hairspray. I felt bad but can't risk him wrecking me in my sleep.

Oschralea for you.

I sponsored people to come and worm for me and have heaps of friends who have come over on working visas.

also surfed pretty much all over australia...

Ask me anything

Have you surfed much Gold Coast? I'm guessing the epic/famous pioints like kirra are always super crowded. I know there's tons of other spots there too. Whats the local vibe like in the water?

Back