I See a Bad Night This Weekend for the Nog Brothers.

Wait until I rehydrate

I hope you get up to 5'10"!

Lol ... Nice posts, man.

Edit: I was actually teasing because I thought you made a typo with 5'4" ... Thought you meant 6'4" ... My bad.

I like them as fighters but I see them both losing at UFC 190.

Big Nog has a decent shot of winning, Steven Struve is a walking highlight reel moment for anyone he fights. Zero fight IQ, no clue how to use his insane reach, tries to bang with people and gets clobbered.

Lil Nog, it doesn't look good for him.

He's so bad he doesn't belong in the ufc. He is only in the ufc because people like his personality and his size makes him unique

He's the UFC doormat, welcome to the UFC here's your first highlight reel moment... enjoy your stay.

Not at all trying to fighter bash as I'm a huge fan of both, but how do you figure?

Shogun via TKO before the 3rd.

Have you seen Rua's last couple fights? About the only other fighter he has a chance of beating is nog

I actually picked that both will win, but not because they are both still competitive. I just feel that in this particular case, both of their opponents are in worse shape than they are. Poor Shogun has been knocked out 4 of his last 5, and 6 out of his last 10, and Uber Slow Struve is coming off 2 knockouts himself. Although Little Nog got KOed pretty quick against Rumble, he has proved to be a pretty durable guy. Big Nog is faster than Struve and his jiu jitsu is better too. To be honest though, if both Nogs got KTFO, I wouldn't be that surprised.....haha

Big Nog has a decent shot of winning, Steven Struve is a walking highlight reel moment for anyone he fights. Zero fight IQ, no clue how to use his insane reach, tries to bang with people and gets clobbered.

Lil Nog, it doesn't look good for him.

That's how I voted, too.

Sort of thinking: Big Nog beats Struve 6/10. Shogun beats Lil Nog 8/10. I could be underestimating Lil Nog but that's how I see it now.

Both Minotauro and Struve should be considering retirement at this point.

Big Nog is no longer elite, and back-to-back losses to guys like Nelson and Struve would be a pretty clear sign that it is finally time to walk away, IMHO. Struve has been KO'd by five of the heaviest hitters in the HW division over the course of his career. Win or lose, he should be thinking about his future health.

Shogun-Rogerio...toss-up, I guess. Clearly, neither guy will be challenging for a title anymore, but I don't think they are necessarily 'done'...yet I'm not sure what goals either one realistically has at this point in their careers either.

I agree both Shogun and Struve have changed things for there training camp this fight and Shogun is back with Rafael at Kings. I don't see it being a good night for the Nog brother's.

I think both Nogs lose, I would love it if Big Nog won, but at this point I'm surprised he is still able to fight, he moves like a robot nowadays, his movement is shit and I think his only shot is landing a bomb on Struve and finishing him. His chin is gone now too so I see very little chance for the win.

Little Nog I think has more of a chance, but I think Shogun takes it in a tough battle. Especially since Shogun trained at Kings this time, so it will likely do him good. This is a fight I don't want either guy to lose, but I'm a bigger Shogun fan so I hope he gets it done.

Both Nogs are going to lose.

Big Nog has looked awful in his last fights. Against Big Country he was too slow and had no answer to Roy's right hand. I'm sure he knew that's what Roy comes to fight with but he still got clobbered again and again. Finally he got hit on the button when Roy started charging his right and stepping towards Big Nog. Nog took a step back, threw a lazy jab and that's when Roy timed his swing. Also notice how low Nog leaves his hand after throwing that pawing jab.

Roy+Nelson+Knockouts+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+UFC+Fight+Night+Abu+Dhabi.gif

To Big Nog's defense he had been hurt a couple of times in the fight already so maybe he was out of it. Anyway I'm sure you see where I'm going with this. You can't be as slow and stiff as Nog is these days and expect to get away with it. Big Country has great power and he times his bombs well, but let's just acknowledge that he wouldn't have hit prime Nog like that over and over again. If memory serves me right Big Nog looked bad against Herman as well in his last victory. Of course Herman looked even worse, doing nothing in the stand up even if he was faster and stronger.

I see Struve hitting Nog a couple of times with good shots, probably in the first few exchanges. Later as Nog stumbles around after getting clipped Struve won't be holding back and finishes him with a couple of right hands.

Little Nog has looked as stiff as his brother and I can't see it ending well for him either. Against Rumble he was out of his depth (in retrospect). He was stiff and slow, kind of hesitant but that might be because of Rumble's pressure and scary power. He has only fought twice in the last 4 years and has been injured a lot. I remember someone saying that Brendan Schaub had seen Little Nog backstage warming up and was shocked how stiff Nog looked. Like he couldn't hold his hands up (without forcing it?) and his punches looked off. That kind of stiffness doesn't just go away at that age I'm afraid.

Shogun has deteriorated as well but he still has power. That's the last thing to go and I could see Nog being a little slow here and there, that's exactly when Shogun will capitalize and hit him with a big hook.

Shogun and Struve are the rightful favourites in my opinion.

If Big Nog loses he should consider hanging up the gloves. If Struve loses he should consider hanging up the gloves, maybe this MMA thing isn't for him. Struve hasn't exactly had a glowing record lately.

markhuntko.gif

usa-today-8269341.0.jpg

close fights... both nogs win

Wow. People are really underrating Lil Nog here. Big Nog perhaps could win.. It all depends if Stefan wants to throw away this fight with a bad game plan like when he fought Hunt.

I think it's gonna be a bittersweet night for a lot of long time fans. I don't see myself necessarily feeling good at the end of this card.

Shogun vs Lilla is about 50/50, but Struve should be a big favourite against Big Nog.

Back