• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I rewatched Heat last night for the first time in probably 20 years. Let's talk about it.

iirc it was revealed that Ralph stole them. Fuken Ralph

War Ralph

heat-uralph.png

Shiherlis opened heavy fire on them and McCauley had already told Hanna he'd surely kill him before ever going back to prison

Then Hanna's pursuit; he probably knew he should stop at some point but he couldn't help himself. Kinda like McCauley with Waingro. I mean that's basically the central theme of the story

Good call on the theme of not being able to hold himself back.

You gotta think though that there had to be over a thousand rounds fired in that scene. These motherfuckers we're just spraying lead. Every one of those bullets had to land somewhere.

I know it's just a movie but it really stood out to me.

Good call on the theme of not being able to hold himself back.

You gotta think though that there had to be over a thousand rounds fired in that scene. These motherfuckers we're just spraying lead. Every one of those bullets had to land somewhere.

I know it's just a movie but it really stood out to me.

Don't forget that one of their guys was mowed down by Shiherlis at the very beginning of the shootout. Plus it escalated to hostage taking. And regardless it's not like they really had a choice when they were being pinned down by automatic rifle fire

Also, they chose not to show it in the film but Hanna had a cocaine problem

I loved it. I have an autographed poster with most of the actors from the film. It’s a 9/10. Yes it was cold, but I was vested in the characters.

Heat is one of my favorite movies.

As far as it being cold, I think it is actually quite warm considering its subject matter. They start the movie off by participating in an armored car heist and become accessories to murder...

Despite the violent side to the criminals they all except for Neil are involved in serious relationships that they value. Neil's code of not having anything so serious that you can't just drop it an leave if the police are around the corner, proves to be impossible. They can't walk away from their loved ones, the thrill, and revenge it ultimately undoes everyone.
Conversely there is Hanna the good guy and he is the opposite of the crooks in a non healthy way he is so obsessed with his work that he can't come home. His life is a steaming pile as his wife cheats on him and his daughter in law struggles to feel loved. He is not a bad guy butothe hunt is all he is. Even when his daughter in law is in the hospital he leaves to chase Neil. But he is saved as his wife grows to accept his ways for now at least, and he put down his work long enough to save his daughter in law.

As far as sympathy for the crew as they fall apart
I felt bad for Trejo getting tortured and having his wife killed, Neil not making it, mike losing everything, and the replacement driver who got a shit job because he was an Ex con and ended up dying because he wanted to be the man again.

Mikes wife didn't wave him always she just alerted him to the cops so he dipped. I bought that ending.

Tom Sizemores character does raise an interesting question that I like. Initially I didn't feel bad for him when he got smoked because of his taking the child hostage, but at home he had the largest family and he appeared to be loving.

It's a great movies plus I love the homage to bullit in the ending chase scene...

Heat is one of my favorite movies.

As far as it being cold, I think it is actually quite warm considering its subject matter. They start the movie off by participating in an armored car heist and become accessories to murder...

Despite the violent side to the criminals they all except for Neil are involved in serious relationships that they value. Neil's code of not having anything so serious that you can't just drop it an leave if the police are around the corner, proves to be impossible. They can't walk away from their loved ones, the thrill, and revenge it ultimately undoes everyone.
Conversely there is Hanna the good guy and he is the opposite of the crooks in a non healthy way he is so obsessed with his work that he can't come home. His life is a steaming pile as his wife cheats on him and his daughter in law struggles to feel loved. He is not a bad guy butothe hunt is all he is. Even when his daughter in law is in the hospital he leaves to chase Neil. But he is saved as his wife grows to accept his ways for now at least, and he put down his work long enough to save his daughter in law.

As far as sympathy for the crew as they fall apart
I felt bad for Trejo getting tortured and having his wife killed, Neil not making it, mike losing everything, and the replacement driver who got a shit job because he was an Ex con and ended up dying because he wanted to be the man again.

Mikes wife didn't wave him always she just alerted him to the cops so he dipped. I bought that ending.

Tom Sizemores character does raise an interesting question that I like. Initially I didn't feel bad for him when he got smoked because of his taking the child hostage, but at home he had the largest family and he appeared to be loving.

It's a great movies plus I love the homage to bullit in the ending chase scene...
Heat is one of my favorites too, and I agree...

But that's not what a daughter in law is

;)

I just watched it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was good but I probably won't go out of my way to watch it again. Not for a long time anyway.

Technically, I like ducking watching it because it’s awesome. I’m not sure about all that other shit you said.

The sound design is just, on another level to every other movie. No movie has ever captured to sound of how the cracks, whips and deafening sound of gunfire ever like this movie accomplished. With each burst of gunfire, you damn well wanna duck to avoid it even though you know its a movie. Its a true masterpiece in sound design. Movies have taken inspiration from this but theyve never truly captured that "gun sound" and its been 23 years since it released.

As for the movie feeling "cold", its the color palette. IMO it represents the smooth cool nature of the characters if we're trying to be pretentious analytical critics but its damn well great movie.

Mann crafted another brilliant shootout scene for Blackhat

Too bad the rest of the movie sucks ass.

It's excellent. One of the few movies that I've gone to see twice in the theater.

It's total bullshit that it didn't get a Best Picture nomination.

I was thinking the same thing. Awesome look, acting, sound, plot, what’s not to like?

Heat is without a doubt the GOAT crime drama IMO.

Pacino came off a small man syndrome detective that got away with way too much pushing and huffing by yelling...

Also i could never get over deniros shitty not believable relationship.

Someone post Val Kilmers elbow !!

Pacino came off a small man syndrome detective that got away with way too much pushing and huffing by yelling...

Also i could never get over deniros shitty not believable relationship.

Someone post Val Kilmers elbow !!

Sit your ass down and shut the hell up

The shoot-out is definitely excellent but while I was watching it I had to wonder how realistic it was in the sense that I wasn't sure if cops would actually engage in a shoot out in a crowded area like that.

I mean, it's kind of like in a high-speed chase, when the speed gets to dangerous levels the cops are told to back up to protect civilians. I'd think it would be the same way in a situation like this. The guys who robbed the bank just want to get away. I suspect that in real life the cops would let them do that instead of blasting automatic fire everywhere as if there aren't a ton of regular people standing around.

Youre wrong. There is footage of a bank heist several years ago where the police chased them and killed all the suspects. theyre not backing down from shit.

Quit talking about shit you dont know or that you learn from cops on TV

I always find it funny when shadow does reviews on movies that are classics. This guy went tooth and nails fighting me on how great the film Speed Racer was but criticizes great films like heat. Shit baffles me

THis is random but Speaking of Heat, I'm facebook friends with Amy Brenneman. I have no idea why or how I became fb friends with her because I rarely check fb, IU have only 30 fb friends and can't remember friending anyone in the last 4 or 5 yrs.

3 pages and no one has posted

tumblr_njxxf1180P1u26zs0o1_500.gif

i'm disappointed.

Back