I respect how TJ handled this.

Yeah like everyone else has said.

You caught me, I am cheater... here's my belt. It is admirable.

I dont think Barao or Cody were clean at all either. Do what you gotta do to win

images

Sorry, nope. He gave up the title willingly pretending it was some accident but he was doing "the right thing for the division" by letting them move on while he took his suspension for misuse and tried to figure out what happened. Turns out he failed for something he had to have willingly taken, that coincidentally specifically benefits his style of fighting, and knew was getting suspended for 2 years and would be stripped. He gave up the title to avoid getting stripped, just like Cormier recently did.

He tried to get out ahead of the story, and now just looks like an even bigger snake.

Not exactly just like Cormier was it....
Forget the right thing by the division, he said "I'm working with my team to understand what has occured"

Doesn't sound like someone owning their mistake deserving of respect.

He got caught red handed for something impossible to accidentally ingest. He has no choice.

Pretty much this. EPO isn't something you'll accidentally ingest with a tainted supplement. Dude knew what he was doing.

He only admitted it because he had no choice, its an injected PED, not something you can take by accident. If it was for testosterone (which he's also on btw, you don't just take EPO) he would 1,000,000% be crying about tainted supps right now

Doesnt erase the asterisks by any means bit it's the least he could do at this point. I think just owning up was the right thing to do given it all.

It's a shame. He was damn fun to watch but he had some serious help. Then got embarrassed by Henry and busted for this, he crashed quick and hard.

Yes, he took it like a man. I don't agree that PEDs should be illegal but they are. TJ understood the rules when he signed up so he deserves his punishment. It was a risky move and obviously wasn't worth it.
Considering how much money the man's made with people saying his net worth is like 1.3-1.5 mill it might have been worth it. Wonder if there's any financial penalty for this other than the obvious losing sponsors, opportunity to fight etc.

<{cruzshake}>ppl copping feelings for TJ now. Amazing what a public statement can do.

Because despite being a cheating POS, at least he didn’t feed us bull about how it was tainted supplements or he was innocent. When fighters do that, I feel like they think we’re actually retarded

but is he choosing to be honorable or does he not have a choice given the circumstances of his offense... Hard to know.
Obviously he chose it. He could hide away like a lill manlet, but stepped up.
Now, goodbye Timothy Jason. Or whatever the fuck.

Because despite being a cheating POS, at least he didn’t feed us bull about how it was tainted supplements or he was innocent. When fighters do that, I feel like they think we’re actually retarded
..because he got caught red handed with a PED that he cant blame on tainted sups or dick pills. What else could he say? I mean, the arm cast was a nice touch, might have been better if he wore a neck brace too.

He should apologize to his past opponents. Fuck that little cheating cunt.

yes, but he really had no choice but to admit it. EPO really has no way he could accidentally take it.. But he had the balls to handle it as properly as he could

He didn't apologize to any of the fighters he fought. It was just about him saying he let down his team and family.

And 2yrs is a paid vacation for him.

Lance Armstrong was riding a bike and got a lifetime ban. This guy was putting a hurt on people..

Fuck him.

Not exactly just like Cormier was it....

Circumstances leading to it no (failed test vs inactivity), but both TJ and Cormier knew they were getting stripped and instead gave up their belts so that nobody could say they actually got stripped.

They both did the equivalent of "You can't fire me, I already quit".

It sucks because he's still out there, I still think he's the best BW in the world atm, until he comes back and loses I consider him the lineal champ. DGAF what some idiots think the man is super talented

Like keeping his title, claiming tainted substances was never an option.

I agree he handled it well, but Jones handled it better. You see, while TJ cheated and got caught, Jones cheated, got caught, and still didn't cheat. Well done Jones.
Not everyone can be the goat cheater

I do respect how hes handled it all.

No excuses, no complaining.

Just takes his punishment like a man.

Still though man wtf, BW division is on fire right now, its too bad.

Has he said anything? As far as I know, he vacated the belt but didn't say anything about it. Unless he has come out and accepted the blame publicly, I think it's too soon to say how great he's being about it.

If he has said something, I have no clue about it.

EDIT: I saw his statement on front page now. IDK what to make of it. Made me feel bad for him, but IDK if I fully buy it.

Last edited:
Back