I respect how TJ handled this.

doozer

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Cheating is obviously bad. But lots of people do it, the temptation is and rewards are great. That's not to say he should get off without punishment. But how should people handle it when they are caught. Most deny they did something. Must have been in some pill they were taking, some food they were eating, or they have no idea. They either say they should have been more careful, or it was contaminated. Anything to not admit guilt. Because if you admit your are guilty you are crucified. In the court of law people who admit guilt are show remorse are given lower sentences because that is key to them not reoffending, and it gives an incentive to people to own up to what they do.
TJ didn't pretend innocence or ignorance. He took, without complaint the heaviest sentence a first time offender could get or 2 years. He took all the blame on himself. It's a hard thing to do and I respect him for it. It's not the same as being clean, but a ton of UFC fighters have failed a test and I can still like them as fighters and as people, and I will definitely look forward to TJ's return.

Agreed.

Arod is a cheating pos who wound up with jLo. Sometimes it pays to lie I guess.

I do respect how hes handled it all.

No excuses, no complaining.

Just takes his punishment like a man.

Still though man wtf, BW division is on fire right now, its too bad.

Yes, he took it like a man. I don't agree that PEDs should be illegal but they are. TJ understood the rules when he signed up so he deserves his punishment. It was a risky move and obviously wasn't worth it.

but is he choosing to be honorable or does he not have a choice given the circumstances of his offense... Hard to know.

He's a snake don't forget.

He knows it never turns out well for deniers and his is most difficult to deny.

I agree he handled it well, but Jones handled it better. You see, while TJ cheated and got caught, Jones cheated, got caught, and still didn't cheat. Well done Jones.

Or he’s found yet another way to duck Moraes via an extended vacation.

Dudes a cheating pos. Hes only sorry he got caught. What are the odds he failed for the exact substance he was accused of using for years?

Most deny they did something. Must have been in some pill they were taking, some food they were eating, or they have no idea. They either say they should have been more careful, or it was contaminated. Anything to not admit guilt. Because if you admit your are guilty you are crucified.

Uhh.....
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I think he said he was going to go figure out what happened with his team....

"I'm working with my team to understand what has occured"

He didn't go yeah sorry I was taking injectable EPO, and his head coach and strength coach are pissed at him - do I believe them?

Last edited:
I agree. He's dealing with it in the best way possible. If I heard correctly, samples from previous fights were negative. So, those two things mean I wouldn't mind seeing him fight again at the end of his 2 year suspension.

He got caught red handed for something impossible to accidentally ingest. He has no choice.

I also respect his response far more than, say, dick pills and pulsing.

I don't really respect him but I'll give him credit for not bullshitting like Jones and all the other cheats.

Yeah like everyone else has said.

You caught me, I am cheater... here's my belt. It is admirable.

I dont think Barao or Cody were clean at all either. Do what you gotta do to win

I don't. I would have respected him more if he stayed quiet and didn't answer to anybody.

<{cruzshake}>ppl copping feelings for TJ now. Amazing what a public statement can do. No you did not "mess up" you cheated. It was not some happy accident.

Last edited:
Sorry, nope. He gave up the title willingly pretending it was some accident but he was doing "the right thing for the division" by letting them move on while he took his suspension for accidental misuse and tried to figure out what happened. Turns out he failed for something he had to have willingly taken, that coincidentally specifically benefits his exact style of fighting, and knew was getting suspended for 2 years and would be stripped. He gave up the title to avoid getting stripped, just like Cormier recently did.

He tried to get out ahead of the story, and now just looks like an even bigger snake.

Back