I remember when people said there was no way that Conor beats Nate in a decision

Nate won, or draw.

One of the biggest errors in judging this decade.

Granted, Nate should have jumped on Conor instead of pointing and laughing.
Virtually nobody scored that fight for Nate... the overwhelming majority of scores in the media were for Conor... draws were second but they weren't close

Tbh, even if you scored the fight a draw I have to wonder how you came to that conclusion. Conor won three rounds clearly and if there was a 10-8 for Nate, there was a 10-8 for Conor.

I can kind of accept a draw but even that is a stretch. No chance Nate won the fight overall though.

That fight and Diaz's cardio/pace are both massively overrated. Outside of 2 flurries that fight was low paced as fuck and boring. Casuals loved it cause it was 2 celebrities.

That fight and Diaz's cardio/pace are both massively overrated. Outside of 2 flurries that fight was low paced as fuck and boring. Casuals loved it cause it was 2 celebrities.

Low paced? Conor threw 435 strikes and Diaz threw 322 lol

Low paced? Conor threw 435 strikes and Diaz threw 322 lol

Mostly from Nate's 2 flurries and Conor's 1st round and half. They both gassed and stared at each other for 10 minutes in the 4th and 5th and casuals act like it's the greatest fight ever

Mostly from Nate's 2 flurries and Conor's 1st round and half. They both gassed and stared at each other for 10 minutes in the 4th and 5th and casuals act like it's the greatest fight ever

Lol in round 4 they both threw more than they did in the first 2 rounds

Fight could have easily went to Nate. I really like both guys. But conor has to run away and certainly didn’t look very confident

It was a great fight. I’ve been watching since ufc 2.
It was a great fight. Not the greatest ever but a very fun entertaining fight.

You’re just hating on the guys

yeah i didn't say conor had 10-8's, but if they were gonna give out any 10-8's they should've been conor's because of the knockdowns.
Sure but they amounted to nothing. Nate was never im danger of being finished and conor didnt follow up with anything. That's not a 10 8.

in before idiots who think that decision should have gone to nate.

if you didn't have it 3-2 conor (1-2-4) then you should either stop watching MMA or stop trying to judge fights.
Conor won the third. Watch it in slow-mo and count the significant (blows that ACTUALLY land solidly, not the CompuBox "hmm someone got touched lightly on the shoulder" shit) strikes. Before the end of the round barrage, Conor was leading by about 15 to 3 strikes (4 minutes in). At the end of the round, it was about 17 to 11 in Conor's favor. And no, he was nowhere near getting finished: he slipped and rolled with the vast majority of the punches. Don't take my word for it: Big John said it himself, he was never close to stopping it.

@PROlogic

Thoughts? What was your take on the third?

yeah.

i've always said it was 48-47 conor, was just saying IF they were to give a 10-8 in that fight it would've gone to conor.
Very tough fight to score. Even as a diaz fan i had a hard time even finding a way ti score it more then a draw.

Scored the fight a Draw before the score cards were read.

Diaz took his foot off the gas in the 4th and threw it away
He emptied his tank trying to finish Conor in the end of round 3. It was the right strategy by Nate to wait until Conor's energy levels drop and try and drown him and get the finish but
Conor was never really in danger this time, he parried and dodged most of what Diaz had to offer, he learned from the 1st fight.

Conor won the third. Watch it in slow-mo and count the significant (blows that ACTUALLY land solidly, not the CompuBox "hmm someone got touched lightly on the shoulder" shit) strikes. Before the end of the round barrage, Conor was leading by about 15 to 3 strikes (4 minutes in). At the end of the round, it was about 17 to 11 in Conor's favor. And no, he was nowhere near getting finished: he slipped and rolled with the vast majority of the punches. Don't take my word for it: Big John said it himself, he was never close to stopping it.

@PROlogic

Thoughts? What was your take on the third?
You said it my brother

Spot on

Here is what was actually happening in reality

11hvsrd.gif

*Conor blocks every strike and circles out as he pre-emptively ducks to avoid any would be return fire.

- Or Conor would smartly tie Nate up on his terms and dictate complete control

2mgl1xv.gif

*Conor blocks every strike and then as Nate persues to get offence going, Conor wraps him up and stiffles any more possible offence from Nate, literally shutting Nate down dead in his tracks

2i0u72t.jpg

*Conor ducks and steps out to his left off the cage and lands a beautiful left straight off the duck and step out.

*As Nate attempts to respond, Conor instantly TIES Nate up into a 2 on 1 on Nate's left arm to stiffle any more possible offence. Absolutely beautful display of boxing skill and CONTROL by Conor

*After Conor has steped out, landed, and TIED Nate up to take away any more offence, Conor transitions to controlling Nate's right arm with his left, Conor is lifting Nate's arm up and off the opening Conor KNEES that side of Nate's open body.

*Conor then transitions to a single collar tie and knees Nate again

Just beautiful.

You will notice Nate really only had 2 moments the entire fight. At the very end of round 2, and toward the end of round 3

And as you can see, it was actually Conor up against the fence conserving energy, rolling and dodging shots while still managing to land his own counters in-between Nate's flurries.

Also landing elbows in tight
2i7yahk.gif

The fight was no where near as close as the biased commentary would have lead you to believe.

Even in Nate's biggest moments, Conor was still truly the more effevtive fighter.

Conor was rolling/catching/deflecting/dodging the vast majority of Nate's desperate flurries up against the fence

As you said, Conor was objectively winning round 3 "until Nate's flurries"

Btw funny how shertards can say Conor tried to game out a win by "running," yet it was Nate who did all he could to game out a decision win with IN-effective flurries for show, and last second takedowns (5th rd)

Conor had complete control of the fight and dominated about 22 minutes of a 25 minute fight

Another factor that gets ignored is how when Nate started going into a high guard in an attempt to hulk his way through Conor's counters and get in-close, Conor started PUNISHING Nate with hellacious body punching. This is what gassed Nate out @boss429

2v81x6p.gif

Nate's hands up into a high guard, amd Conor sneaking in body punches to thei exposed body

Just look how Conor double fients the jab then shifts and sneaks in the right hook to the body - just places it so perfectly on exposed liver. Flawless boxing skill by Conor

Conor then steps out away from any possible offence - after the double jab fient to body right hook set up on a high guard Nate trying to hulk through

That was absolutely FULL CONTROL, SKILL, and nullifying by Conor

And I can post more examples if you like.

Conor dominated that fight. People don't know what they are watching

Any adjustments Nate would try to make, Conor would counter adjust.

-Nate eating so many counters had to take the fight inside and went into a high guard attempting to hulk smash in.

-Conor adjusting with body punching to expose Nate's high guard

- elbows in tight and rolling/dodging/countering in tight

This is how incredibly Next Level Conor is. You can do all the right things and Conor still wins.

If you adjust, Conor will simply adjust to your adjustments. Conor's fight IQ and skill is absolutely mind-blowing. Conor has Bobby Fischer like fight IQ

Truly was a phenomenal performance by Connor. Very very underrated win. If you truly analyze the fight with an objective mind and go over it frame by frame, Conor very arguably won all 5 rounds. Either way it really was a shutout performance from Conor. Aside from 2 Nate Diaz moments that weren't all that effective. I had Conor 4-1

Conor outclassed a significantly larger opponent who had all the physical qualities on paper to trouble him. Conor is just that much on another level in skill and IQ.

@markg171
@MescalineDreams
@That209
@Arm Barbarian
@CPH

Last edited:
It was a majority decision. Do you know what that means as far as judging? Not to be a dick, but look it up. Not a single judge thought Nate won that fight
Yeah i'm aware, I used the wrong terminology but I do know the difference. Either way the judges were split on what the result of the fight was, don't really see a reason to nit pick the "vast" differences between a majority and split decision.

"If it goes 5 rounds its over"
"Theres just no way"
"Conor needs it done in 2"

Now we have people saying the same about Khabib.
U want to no who the real winner is of nate vs Conor? Let both of them fight in Japan, in Rizin organization and have both of them do the same rules as when sakuraba fought against Royce Gracie the first fight. Unlimited rounds, winner is from a finish only. If nate was smart, he would call Conor out on that, it won’t happen anyways but let’s just see what Conor says.

"If it goes 5 rounds its over"
"Theres just no way"
"Conor needs it done in 2"

Now we have people saying the same about Khabib.

I remember when people were saying there is no way Nate beats Conor.

Back