I remember when people said there was no way that Conor beats Nate in a decision

Nate surprising became tired same as Conor.

A five round fight with Khabib would be night and day different. Conor will get taken down and he will lose the rounds he gets smothered in.

Mendes is a MUCH better striker than Khabib. He's also a MUCH better wrestler with MUCH better wrestling style takedowns. Is Khabib bigger, stronger, and way better at keeping people down? Yes. Khabib got Iaquinta down, this is true, but he got stuffed quite a bit too. Conor has better tdd than people realise because he controls the distance and has excellent footwork. His timing and accuracy are on another level.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...this fight won't be close. Khabib gets Conor down early and mauls him, or Conor faceplants Khabib early. I don't see this being competitive one way or the other
Khabib is a way better wrestler than chad. Chad is a better ncaa wrestler i agree, but over all wrestling khabib is a couple of steps above chad. Chad may have better offensive or looking striking, but at the same tine hes been koed and rocked on several occasions. Khabib.. 26 fights... Never rocked.. Thats impressive period. Chad is way small and has no reach vs conor, and still busted him open and landed plenty of shots. Conor does not have 1 punch tyson like power, even tho it seems like everyone believes that he does. He has never once koed anyone w 1 punch. I cant even remember any actual kos only tkos or ref stoppages. Chad took quite a few shots and was still standing. He definitely got tkoed. Conor had decent tdd. Not great, not above average. Against khabib its not good enough. I do agree that it will odds are be one of the two eays you stated...but i could also see khabib subbing him, or conor quitting. Khabib said he wont go for subs even if conor is looking for a way out and i believe him. I think given the chance he plans on making a point and making conor an example. I dont get where people say on these forums that chad is a better wrestler than khabib, when every fighter that talks about it says khabib is far better. No he doesnt use double legs much and lay in guard. Thats not a bad thing. Its far easier to stop a one dimensional td than the many different ones that khabib employes.

Khabib is a way better wrestler than chad. Chad is a better ncaa wrestler i agree, but over all wrestling khabib is a couple of steps above chad. Chad may have better offensive or looking striking, but at the same tine hes been koed and rocked on several occasions. Khabib.. 26 fights... Never rocked.. Thats impressive period. Chad is way small and has no reach vs conor, and still busted him open and landed plenty of shots. Conor does not have 1 punch tyson like power, even tho it seems like everyone believes that he does. He has never once koed anyone w 1 punch. I cant even remember any actual kos only tkos or ref stoppages. Chad took quite a few shots and was still standing. He definitely got tkoed. Conor had decent tdd. Not great, not above average. Against khabib its not good enough. I do agree that it will odds are be one of the two eays you stated...but i could also see khabib subbing him, or conor quitting. Khabib said he wont go for subs even if conor is looking for a way out and i believe him. I think given the chance he plans on making a point and making conor an example. I dont get where people say on these forums that chad is a better wrestler than khabib, when every fighter that talks about it says khabib is far better. No he doesnt use double legs much and lay in guard. Thats not a bad thing. Its far easier to stop a one dimensional td than the many different ones that khabib employes.

If you think Aldo wasn't out, you're delusional. I agree that Conor doesn't have crazy 1 shot ko power, but he has an excellent sense of timing and his accuracy is on another level. He doesn't need 1 shot ko power because he's a natural counter puncher. It doesn't take much to sleep a guy when your timing is that good.

Khabib is a better grappler than Chad, and I've never disagreed with that, but the tactics Mendes used to take Conor down are different than what Khabib will use. They are also not what Khabib is best at. Khabib likes to fight from the clinch and that's where most of his takedowns come from. It's just a fact. I'm not saying he's never shot and landed a double leg on anybody, but he's at his best in the clinch.

I respect Conor for rematching Nate and doing much better than the first fight but when you run away from your opponent and stare at the clock it should be a TKO on the spot.

As for the Khabib fight, Conor doesn't have to end it early in order to win but Khabib will pressure Conor and will likely use his weight more effectively than Nate. On the flip-side Khabib may have his own cardio issues if the fight goes long. I have a feeling he's going to be tagged a lot and I don't think he has Diaz-type durability. It's going to be interesting, I can see a lot of potential different outcomes.

If you think Aldo wasn't out, you're delusional. I agree that Conor doesn't have crazy 1 shot ko power, but he has an excellent sense of timing and his accuracy is on another level. He doesn't need 1 shot ko power because he's a natural counter puncher. It doesn't take much to sleep a guy when your timing is that good.

Khabib is a better grappler than Chad, and I've never disagreed with that, but the tactics Mendes used to take Conor down are different than what Khabib will use. They are also not what Khabib is best at. Khabib likes to fight from the clinch and that's where most of his takedowns come from. It's just a fact. I'm not saying he's never shot and landed a double leg on anybody, but he's at his best in the clinch.
Aldo was as close to out cold as we have seen. Its like conor was fighting a way smaller guy there too, and dont think conor makes 145 without being able to use iv. I dont dislike conor, just people take it too far with how great he is. He is a great striker with great timing and long reach. He is exciting to watch, and always bet on him. Have lost 1 x when betting on conor, and was even confident he would smoke nate that time. The problem was i didnt think of nate as being a threat, but he was because of his size. Conor at 145 was huge fight night and could take out anyone w the left. I dont see khabib as a guy that conor can ko. He has a great left, no doubt. He has great kicks and movement. He even has reach on khabib. That being said, i still dont think conor can afford to do what he usually does anf attack moving forward w kicks and combos. If he tries to fight khabib like he does smaller guys, he will end up on his back. I for the first time ever wont be betting on conor. I just dont see any way he wins if the fight goes past 2 rounds, and even then a lot of things have to line up for him to get that magic left hand to stoo khabib from imposing his style and making it into a grapple fest. Conor cant win a grappling match in 999 of 1000 times vs khabib or even chad.

Aldo was as close to out cold as we have seen. Its like conor was fighting a way smaller guy there too, and dont think conor makes 145 without being able to use iv. I dont dislike conor, just people take it too far with how great he is. He is a great striker with great timing and long reach. He is exciting to watch, and always bet on him. Have lost 1 x when betting on conor, and was even confident he would smoke nate that time. The problem was i didnt think of nate as being a threat, but he was because of his size. Conor at 145 was huge fight night and could take out anyone w the left. I dont see khabib as a guy that conor can ko. He has a great left, no doubt. He has great kicks and movement. He even has reach on khabib. That being said, i still dont think conor can afford to do what he usually does anf attack moving forward w kicks and combos. If he tries to fight khabib like he does smaller guys, he will end up on his back. I for the first time ever wont be betting on conor. I just dont see any way he wins if the fight goes past 2 rounds, and even then a lot of things have to line up for him to get that magic left hand to stoo khabib from imposing his style and making it into a grapple fest. Conor cant win a grappling match in 999 of 1000 times vs khabib or even chad.

I agree that the fanboys are irritating. You seem like a logical guy and you're making SOME valid points so I won't keep debating with you. However, Conor has as much of a chance as Khabib has. His striking is lightyears ahead of Khabib's, and Khabib's grappling is definitely better than Conor's...BUT...the fight starts in Conor's world, and Khabib has to try to take the fight into his own world. All Conor has to do is keep his distance, move his feet, and touch Khabib's chin while he's walking straight in like he likes to do.

Anybody can be knocked out, and this really is a 50/50 fight.

I agree that the fanboys are irritating. You seem like a logical guy and you're making SOME valid points so I won't keep debating with you. However, Conor has as much of a chance as Khabib has. His striking is lightyears ahead of Khabib's, and Khabib's grappling is definitely better than Conor's...BUT...the fight starts in Conor's world, and Khabib has to try to take the fight into his own world. All Conor has to do is keep his distance, move his feet, and touch Khabib's chin while he's walking straight in like he likes to do.

I would say 60 /40 max since conor doesnt have 1 punch ko power, and cant use his kicks like he normally does. A lot of things have to line up for the left to connect.

Nate almost finished him and lost the dec.

How does he win a decision off his back ? No chance Khabib stands with him for 5 rounds like Nate did

Hillarious, Khabib is going to be looking for Connor’s only weapon which is his straight left

Khabib has a high guard, he closes the distance with his hands up and doesn’t lower them till he’s in range, so basically Connor has a split second chance the first time Khabib closes the distance... that is shit

No chance Connor stays upright, and no chance Khabib isn’t going to think “oh he’s gonna try and hit me on the way in, hands up, chin tucked”

The best thing Nate ever did in that fight was masterful manipulation of the judges and crowd with his sudden high-volume-low-power end of the round flurries. Well known biases: duration neglect and peak-end effect. The flurries were really ineffective in doing any damage, and didn't at all make up for the 90% of the round he already lost in 2 and 3, but it gave the impression that he did really well in those rounds. Some crazy people were even saying Nate won round 2....

Scored objectively, the fight was never close, and MD instead of UD was absolutely ridiculous. I gave Conor 1-2-3-4, but could've seen 5 going his way too. In 5, Nate once again took advantage of the peak-end effect by going for the last second takedown, and it worked, but it was also Conor's least impressive round overall.
Ray Charles, is that you?

Yep

1,2,4 Conor. Could not be any clearer. I have re-watch that fight like 10 times. It’s incredibly clear Conor won.. He knocked him down multiple times in the first 2 rounds. So nobody gave him even one of the last 3 rounds? Watch round 4 please. Just watch it.
I have
untitled.png

Back