I really want miesha to beat ronda

Miesha's best chance is Ronda getting overconfident in her newfound striking/brawling abilities and getting (too) reckless trying to Bethe Miesha. Then landing a big punch that either leads to a finish or weakens Ronda to the point that Miesha is able to outwork her throughout the fight.

pretty much this

I think this is what lost miesha the fight the second time. She got out struck standing and then started rushing into the clinch for takedowns and ronda kept throwing her into bad positions.

Miesha has to be not afraid of the takedown and plant her feet and throw power punches in the pocket. If ronda throws her she has to get out of bad positions immediately. Re-guard and tie her up. Force a stand up or scramble back to get feet.

Miesha needs to pick her strikes. She doesn't set them up enough and with Rousey's newly displayed punching power, not setting them up will get her killed. Lots of jabs, circling and combos timed for maximum impact.

Miesha should also accept that she's never going to win the scrambles. Rousey is the best in MMA when it comes to standing to ground transitions. World class Judoka are masters at adjusting in mid throw/flight. The best she can hope for is to take minimal damage when she lands and either try to gain guard or escape to stand.

Miesha has a small chance of winning and it relies on either knocking Rousey out with a TKO or tagging Rousey hard enough that she can capitalize with a submission. GnP is a BAD idea as it's unlikely that Miesha will end up on top with a take down even if Rousey is stunned. Rousey's instincts will just kick in and Miesha will end up on her back. If Miesha stuns Rousey, she should either keep striking, or look immediately to take her back, or possibly to get a standing submission. In other words, RNC/kimura/guillotine.

I want her to win too:) But what I want isn't usually on The Force's to do list:D

I think if Ronda stays on her feet like she did against Bethe almost anyone has an ok chance because Ronda's stand up is like bar room brawl level at 4am when the bar is closing and everyone's drunk.

Miesha needs to pick her strikes. She doesn't set them up enough and with Rousey's newly displayed punching power, not setting them up will get her killed. Lots of jabs, circling and combos timed for maximum impact.

Miesha should also accept that she's never going to win the scrambles. Rousey is the best in MMA when it comes to standing to ground transitions. World class Judoka are masters at adjusting in mid throw/flight. The best she can hope for is to take minimal damage when she lands and either try to gain guard or escape to stand.

Miesha has a small chance of winning and it relies on either knocking Rousey out with a TKO or tagging Rousey hard enough that she can capitalize with a submission. GnP is a BAD idea as it's unlikely that Miesha will end up on top with a take down even if Rousey is stunned. Rousey's instincts will just kick in and Miesha will end up on her back. If Miesha stuns Rousey, she should either keep striking, or look immediately to take her back, or possibly to get a standing submission. In other words, RNC/kimura/guillotine.

Damn that's a really good breakdown.

I agree she needs to pick her strikes, but she can't be afraid of the clinch and not enter the pocket. Mcmann had success standing against rousey cause she wasn't afraid of the clinch and planted her feet and threw power shots. Miesha needs to do the same.

When she does get thrown I think she's capable of out grappling ronda if she's smart and uses jiu jitsu to her advantage. Ronda's a judoka, and Kesa gatame for example isn't the best position in grappling because you can get your back taken from it if you're not careful. Miesha needs to work on stuff like this.

I think if carmouche can almost sub ronda then miesha certainly can as well.

TS wants Tate to beat Rousey, I want it to rain beer... I think we're both shit out of luck... but at least mine is more likely than his...

Nah TS.. Tate didn't show anything in her last fight that would indicate she has anything for Ronda.. Ronda on the other hand showed that she apparently can now one-punch KO bitches cold

Not going to happen Ronda will just take her down and Arm bar her again.

Ronda is proving to be above and beyond her competition and Miesha is not one of those odd fighters that can give Rodman surprises.

I think if Ronda stays on her feet like she did against Bethe almost anyone has an ok chance because Ronda's stand up is like bar room brawl level at 4am when the bar is closing and everyone's drunk.

Sure, if you weren't drunk and the people you were fighting weren't either, and they were the best in the world at fighting, and you finished them in seconds by strikes, it's pretty much the same.

I jus really want Miesha.......honestly, thats more realistic than her beating Ronda

Sure, if you weren't drunk and the people you were fighting weren't either, and they were the best in the world at fighting, and you finished them in seconds by strikes, it's pretty much the same.

She is not the best in the world at fighting.

Yes. Rock'em Sock'em Rousey.

tumblr_m9lg30RixM1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

There is nothing that miesha has an advantage over ronda.
Striking although both are amateur strikers ronda in both fights won the exchange on the feet plus ronda actually has knocked out 2 fighters in the first round while miesha is still terrible striker.
Takedowns, miesha would get ragdolled again like in the other two fights.
Submission, duh?

Damn that's a really good breakdown.

I agree she needs to pick her strikes, but she can't be afraid of the clinch and not enter the pocket. Mcmann had success standing against rousey cause she wasn't afraid of the clinch and planted her feet and threw power shots. Miesha needs to do the same.

When she does get thrown I think she's capable of out grappling ronda if she's smart and uses jiu jitsu to her advantage. Ronda's a judoka, and Kesa gatame for example isn't the best position in grappling because you can get your back taken from it if you're not careful. Miesha needs to work on stuff like this.

I think if carmouche can almost sub ronda then miesha certainly can as well.

1. She doesn't need to be afraid of the clinch since she will get taken down whether she tries to take Ronda down or not.

2. McMann was beating up Miesha far worse on the feet than she was beating up Ronda for 8 minutes.

3. Miesha has had Ronda's back and didn't do anything but hold on, so no she might not be able to do as well as Liz (who outwrestled Miesha for 8 minutes).

4. Ronda has shown that she has learned from getting her back taken in the past. Ronda/Miesha went through a similar sequence in both fights where Ronda attempts her first armbar of the fight and Miesha escapes. In fight 1 Ronda went for an omoplata, Miesha escaped, Ronda went to sweep and Miesha slid onto Ronda's back fighting hard to get one hook in while Ronda blocked the other, they stood and Miesha pulled her down getting both hooks for a few seconds before Ronda escaped and was on top. In fight 2 Miesha got free quicker but Ronda didn't try for a 2nd sub this time instead scrambling and attacking with punches, she took Miesha's back and putting her in an inverted triangle. She saw what didn't work and went with something that did.

1. She doesn't need to be afraid of the clinch since she will get taken down whether she tries to take Ronda down or not.

2. McMann was beating up Miesha far worse on the feet than she was beating up Ronda for 8 minutes.

3. Miesha has had Ronda's back and didn't do anything but hold on, so no she might not be able to do as well as Liz (who outwrestled Miesha for 8 minutes).

4. Ronda has shown that she has learned from getting her back taken in the past. Ronda/Miesha went through a similar sequence in both fights where Ronda attempts her first armbar of the fight and Miesha escapes. In fight 1 Ronda went for an omoplata, Miesha escaped, Ronda went to sweep and Miesha slid onto Ronda's back fighting hard to get one hook in while Ronda blocked the other, they stood and Miesha pulled her down getting both hooks for a few seconds before Ronda escaped and was on top. In fight 2 Miesha got free quicker but Ronda didn't try for a 2nd sub this time instead scrambling and attacking with punches, she took Miesha's back and putting her in an inverted triangle. She saw what didn't work and went with something that did.

1. That's exactly the point of my thread. Miesha should work on her jiu jitsu for when she gets thrown. She's not going to stop ronda from throwing her, but she can work on what to do after she lands in bad positions.

2. Mcmann landed the best strikes on rousey of any fighter so far. Miesha needs to do the same thing mcmann did and hit ronda with power shots in the pocket.

3. No shit, that's why I said miesha should work on her jiu jitsu with some adcc level women grapplers like kyra or mackenzie or someone. That way she can challenge ronda on the ground like Liz did. Mieshas a really solid grappler, but if she trained with some high level jiu jitsu girls, she could get some more skills to give ronda problems.

4. Ronda may be improving, but she still hasn't been doing jiu jitsu for very long. Her newaza is exceptional, but she still has things in her grappling that can be exploited.

If Tate avoids the clinch instead of running into it, like she did in her last fight. And just continues to throw her punches, she may rick Honda.

Back