I really want miesha to beat ronda

Her chances in this fight are much higher than before. She bulked up, which should help immensely in dealing with her tosses + she has some actual experience dealing with Ronda.

You think Miesha lost the fight by losing the grappling exchanges she initiated after losing on the feet? So basically you think she lost the fight everywhere?

I think the stand up was competitive early on, but then miesha realized ronda was better at striking than she thought she was. Ronda broke her and beat her everywhere for three straight rounds.

Tate needs to make some changes in her training camp and really work on her defensive grappling from the bottom, because ronda is going to throw her whether she fights it or not.

Nah TS.. Tate didn't show anything in her last fight that would indicate she has anything for Ronda.. Ronda on the other hand showed that she apparently can now one-punch KO bitches cold

You sure about that?? Tate dropped Eye twice. If she catches Rousey with this, she could be in trouble.

giphy.gif

I dont remember Tate losing the stand up in the second Rousey fight? And definitely not in the first one. Pretty sure her game plan was to take Rousey down from the beginning. Which did work one time. I thought it was smart. She knew she wouldnt be able to stuff Rouseys takedowns, so she tried to get takedowns herself to get top position. Unforunately it only worked once and she couldnt do anything with it.

Both were really bad strikers in those 2 fights though. Now Mieshas striking looks better than ever. But so does Rondas unfortunately.

I really want Meisha to beat me, but unfortunately I don't think either one is happening.

Her chances in this fight are much higher than before. She bulked up, which should help immensely in dealing with her tosses + she has some actual experience dealing with Ronda.

You think muscles/bulk are the answer to Judo throws?

You sure about that?? Tate dropped Eye twice. If she catches Rousey with this, she could be in trouble.

giphy.gif

Rousey has been hit flush a couple of times. Unfortunately for Tate, her chin is solid. I hope it's as entertaining as their second fight though I did enjoy that regardless of the outcome. Tate is tough. But so is Rousey.

I'm a tate fan from her strikeforce days. Anyone here think she can pull it off? Ronda's damn good, but she's not invincible.

I think mieshas coaches have to be honest with her and tell her that she won't be able to stop the throws from the clinch.

Rather than waste time training judo to stop the throws, they should have her working on power strikes inside the pocket and grappling escapes/scrambles/re-guarding from bad positions, especially from kesa gatame. She can't let ronda stay in dominant positions.

I can't remember how carmouche got Ronda's back but I'm guessing it was from a scramble, which is one of the rare times ronda has shown a weakness.

Miesha should bring in a high level adcc jiu jitsu girl to improve her grappling. Ronda's legit on the ground, but I don't think she'd win adcc.

I disagree. The whole key IS stopping the judo throws and trips. Meisha was actually pretty good at defending the armbar in the rematch and lasted for a while. She needs to learn to neutralize Ronda's weapons and tools. Then she needs some good offense of her own.

She should definitely be training against high level Judo talent who, if possible, also have some striking skills. Male or female it doesn't matter. In fact maybe male training partners would be best.

I think Meisha's best chance is probably a RNC from catching Ronda off guard.

I hope at the very least she employs an intelligent gameplan and actually makes a completive fight out of it. I'm sick of her having such short 1-sided fights.

and i really want to win the lottery bro

I'm going to bump this thread after Ronda pummels Meisha for the third time.

it would be nice to see tate with the strap but i don't think she can beat ronda, i do hope she proves me wrong though, but i doubt it.

Yeah. I don't think it will happen but I agree with you ts. If anyone ever beats Ronda it will be by a KO. you kind of just have to accept you will be going for a ride. Train to get back to your feet asap and go for broke.

I think Miesha has a better chance than anyone else in the division. Especially after seeing her drop Jessica Eye twice in her last fight. If she lands clean on Rousey and drops her, it could get interesting. The question is, will Miesha be able to finish her if that happens? This will be her third fight with the champ as well. Maybe she makes it to the championship rounds this time?

I think this is Meisha's best chance ^

While I believe that Ronda will most likely win this, I cannot count Meisha out. She has a lot of heart and drive, and if she is really working on improving as I believe she is, then nothing is impossible.

I don't care who Meisha brings in to work on her grappling, I doubt she can catch up to Ronda on that front. But if she can focus on capitalizing on Ronda's weakness, which at this point is her striking game (regardless of having KO power), then I think this is where Meisha will find her best chance at winning.

Miesha has shown she has the skills to defend against Ronda on the ground, at least for a while, but she needs to do her best to keep things standing.

Also, there is no doubt that the high-octane pace Rousey fights at will be to her detriment in later rounds. Rousey looked visibly more gassed with each passing round with Tate. She was certainly becoming more lethargic, but she managed to break Miesha mentally before it really took its toll.

If Tate can stay defensive on the ground and be CONSERVATIVE on the feet, she might have a chance of gassing Rousey in a few rounds. Be sound defensively on the ground and on the feet and start pushing in later rounds. That's the best opportunity she has.

Somebody that still believes in reality shows. RR's has done more to bring in fans than MT could ever think of doing. Have you ever listened to MT discuss anything?

bbbut MT got tits n ass. Thats gotta count???

tate is tough, but she isn't the fighter that is capable of defeating ronda. tate is an experienced fighter, but she's not a fighter that has any specific skill that is superior to ronda. in comparison to ronda, tate is an average fighter that is tough with a big heart.

a big heart and toughness won't be enough for tate to defeat ronda. tate has peaked as an mma fighter. she's 29 years old with 8-9 years of professional fighting experience, she's gone as far as she can as an mma fighter. there's no amount of new skills that she can learn in the next few months that will make any difference when she fights ronda for the third time.

in all of her ufc fights, besides the two losses to zingano and rousey, all of tate's wins have been by decisions. tate's past performances do not indicate that she will finish any of her opponents, much less, ronda when they fight for the third time.

the current betting odds favoring ronda by 12 to 1 to defeat tate is there for a reason and that's because tate has a slim to no chance of defeating ronda. at this point in her fighting career, tate is a gatekeeper for the women's bantamweight division.

tate's best chances of winning a championship title was leaving the ufc after her four fight contract expired and joining bellator with her old boss coker to start a new women's division with her as a title contender.

after tate loses to ronda for the third time, it wouldn't be a surprise to see tate transition into a new role as a tv analyst for ufc fox tv.

Back