I often think about how much nicer things must have been a few generations ago.

I wouldn't trade our dental and health care today for the past. Also like there are equal rights for POC and women. BUT.....population is becoming a problem, they are jamming buildings and houses every inch they can find. I also find social media and the political climate to be a challenge. Mass immigration is causing some quality of life issues as well. I remember the 70s as a little kid. I remember the 80s as a teen. The 90s as a young adult. I still think the 80s was badass lol

Also, whatever era, I need it to be one where chicks shave their legs and pits.

Starving, dying of smallpox, good times.

I'm particularly fond of dysentery and syphilis too.

Would be nice to see how much more green it would have been, and unspoiled.

Dying of Oregon trail diseases , broken bones and cavities. Asthma is a death sentence. Yea it would be great!

I wouldn't trade our dental and health care today for the past. Also like there are equal rights for POC and women. BUT.....population is becoming a problem, they are jamming buildings and houses every inch they can find. I also find social media and the political climate to be a challenge. Mass immigration is causing some quality of life issues as well. I remember the 70s as a little kid. I remember the 80s as a teen. The 90s as a young adult. I still think the 80s was badass lol

Deodorant is a must-have too. Most folks smelled like a barn back then.

Deodorant is a must-have too. Most folks smelled like a barn back then.

Deodorant can get fucked , just bathe regularly and youll be fine

I would rather straight sniff someones pitts at a leftover crack show in july than smell any kind of perfume.

Deodorant can get fucked , just bathe regularly and youll be fine

I would rather straight sniff someones pitts at a leftover crack show in july than smell any kind of perfume.
Yeah not me. I need both. Got a big nose and bad smells get to me. The amount of smelly people even today is crazy. It would be damn near incapacitating back then.

I know exactly what you mean.

Often when you express opinions like this people will dismiss it as "you're glamorizing the past, that's not real" or "you're just getting older" and a very popular one nowadays is "life has never been as good and peaceful as it is today".

To some extent there is truth to all those. We can look at the past with rose colored glasses and we have so many conveniences nowadays we take for granted. But we've also for sure lost a lot in our fulfillment and quality of life. Our ability to enjoy and be grateful for simpler things. It's still possible to have a life like that but now you have to go really out of your way to find it.
If it is not glamorization and people really believe it why not move to Alaska and live as close to that as you want by getting a remote place somewhere?

Curious, how true is the whole population becoming a problem thing? At least from my perspective it is the same cities/same areas having issues with population year over year. Major cities will always have issues but I do not hear discussions about states that could hold the increase in population and could use the money that comes with population if they got their stuff together.

There is always a focus on the major cities/states but states like Mississippi, Louisiana, West Virginia and New Mexico could support the increase in population and building generally but there is never a movement towards putting resources in poorer states that could use the resources and population.

People don't start strongly smelling if they don't wash.
<mma3>

C'mon mate...

I'm with you on the rest of the stuff though. Being more attuned with nature is definitely a positive. Actually seeing stars at night because there's not light pollution would also be great. People were probably much better conversationalists as well since entertainment was based mostly on live people instead of some sort of screen.

But the hygiene part just can't be avoided. At the same time, it's all in what you're used to

I got an infection through a cut when I was 10 years old, it blew up like a balloon. So if that happened generations ago, hell even in the early 19th century, it be game over for me. Antibiotics and modern medicine tells me fuck those past years.

Back