I need help buying a gi. Help please.

Goat Meal

Shhh Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I'm trying to buy a gi, because I found a place to train finally.

I'm looking for a durable, cheapish gi because I'll only be wearing the gi 2-days a week (the rest of the training is either no-gi or stand-up).

I'm confused on what exactly to get.

For example, I was looking at this: http://www.heimas.com/productdetails.php?product_id=27

Does that include the pants? Because it's only describing the top, but I consider a "uniform" to be the top and the pants.

Also, on that same site, I couldn't find a place to buy a white belt. They only sell colored belts.

Should I try to get my stuff from a different site?

Hey thanks man.. I still can't find any white belts on that site, though..

Oh, and the one you mentioned is sold out... :(

Gameness is a great gi, although I do not like it for some reason. Try the Mizuno, or just speak to Ron.

Okay, another question:

What do the sizes mean (A2, A3) etc.

I'm 6'5-6'6'' about 220lbs.. I have no idea what size to get and that site doesn't have a chart...

fat_wilhelm said:
The link I just posted has sizing guidelines.

The link you posted won't let me order it.. Keeps coming up with some crappy ********** error..

Alright, I got a Grappler's Gear Gi and a Whitebelt.. It totaled out to be about $115 including shipping, which isn't all that bad..

Goat Meal said:
Alright, I got a Grappler's Gear Gi and a Whitebelt.. It totaled out to be about $115 including shipping, which isn't all that bad..
Cool, glad I was a help.

Goat Meal said:
let us know how it works out

Your a size A5 (Brazilian sizing) or a size 7(international). The HCK gis come with a white belt. The other brands I carry you would have to order a belt. The white belt are in the section with the HCK and Gameness belts (it's in the drop down menu with the color belts). If your just starting out and wan t a great gi that you can keep as you get better start out with the HCK. The Adidas gis as does all the other brands do come with a pair of pants.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
Your a size A5 (Brazilian sizing) or a size 7(international). The HCK gis come with a white belt. The other brands I carry you would have to order a belt. The white belt are in the section with the HCK and Gameness belts (it's in the drop down menu with the color belts). If your just starting out and wan t a great gi that you can keep as you get better start out with the HCK. The Adidas gis as does all the other brands do come with a pair of pants.

www.SSFgear.com
I thin he ordered is already..."Alright, I got a Grappler's Gear Gi and a Whitebelt.. It totaled out to be about $115 including shipping, which isn't all that bad..'

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
I thin he ordered is already..."Alright, I got a Grappler's Gear Gi and a Whitebelt.. It totaled out to be about $115 including shipping, which isn't all that bad..'

Yeah, he did (from ME!!!!!!) I'll get it out to you tomorrow.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
Yeah, he did (from ME!!!!!!) I'll get it out to you tomorrow.

www.SSFgear.com

Yeah, I just got the invoice e-mail. Thanks.. You have a great site and I'll get all my MMA gear from it from now on..

Also, I think the Gi I ordered came with pants, because that's what it had in the picture (The gi top on the left and pants on the right..) If it doesn't, it's not a big deal, because I could always get them later.

Anyway, thanks for all the help.

Most gis come with the pants. All the ones I carry do.

Regards,
Ron

Back