I Miss GSP ; and I was one of those that called him boring

GSP was a good champion--you know, a likable guy, great fighter, etc. But it is true that he was boring.

I am glad that he retired a winner. And didn't go the Fedor route. I don't need to see him fight again(boring!). But I am happy to see him retire as the badass that he was.

iyucOuF2b6GJZ.gif

Where You.................. NVM, Stay gone.

Yo boy boy got dominated

Not at all, we've got Jon Jones now.

If I'm gonna watch someone who I want to lose, the less boring his fights are the better.

Yeah he was definitely fun to watch imo, was always thrown off by people who called him boring.

His game-plans were excellent and he took out some really solid competition. He was way ahead of his time I think, you see more and more people developing game-plans like him.

I feel it TS. I like Robbie and all but I feel like GSP is the only true welter weight king.

Standard rebuke from you. Pretty worthless.

At least Ujustgotchaeld backed up his opinion.

The value you put on my comment isn't important but the fact that you identified it as standard makes me chuffed. You see, you have identified that I cleverly point out ill thought opinions and ridicule the posters. Thanks boondoggle old sport. You're developing.

Well, he was a star. A lot of fans, huggers and haters alike, were emotionally connected to him - watching him come to UFC, grow as a hot prospect, lose-win-lose-win title fights, beating legends, coming back from injuries, being a dominant champ and an ordinary, sometimes awkward, guy at the same time.

So yeah, as Zanmato said, his fights felt like a true "events" - for years people watched the epic story of his victories and defeats.

We simply don't have a character AND a fighter of the same caliber nowadays. Jones is the closest one though.

GSP was alright.

He was more than alright, he was the most dominant Champion the WW division ever had! Until Rory....

P.S.> You do realise your signature for Canadian hockey is for different years, in 2014 we went 6-0 in the Olympics but 4-3 in the World Juniors(4th place), but we did go 7-0 in 2015

2 of his last 3 fights were FOTN, he had way more fun fights than boring ones. The only truly boring one was vs Shields.

Yo boy boy got dominated

But You know what I Was waiting to see @MMAFAN 232?? Nick get the worst beating of his life put on him, but predictably good ol' GSP, masterfully point fought his way to a championship win/never went for the finish.

[YT]shPcFIsmqK0[/YT]

But yeah.... I am/was Disappointed with Nick's performance, but glad he has comeback to take the fight that GSP never would. Hope he has had a better training camp this time around and that he is mentally prepared to fight.

Nick may not have won, but there are going to be fireworks flying in that Silva Vs. Diaz Fight. Glad this is the fight we get to watch SuperBowl Weekend, instead of a GSP Snooze Fest (although watching Hendricks get outright robbed by the judges in the gsp fight was shocking/and entertaining... I mean seeing/& hearing gsp fans refuse to acknowledge that he was gifted a decision and that he was dominated in the fight.... was soooo. entertaining)

[YT]f_Q7WdkbwLA[/YT]

Last edited:
I don't really miss him. I mean, I love gsp, he seems like a great guy. But I wasn't really a fan of his fights. Basically the exact opposite of how I feel about jones.

He dominated Diaz. He dominated Condit. The only fight he did not dominate was Hendricks. There are rumors about certain things involving Hendricks that GSP brought to Dana and Lorenzo's attention and were dismissed, which was a huge factor in him retiring.

like what? where were these rumours discussed? Not calling bullshit, but this is very vague.

I know what you mean op, he used to frustrate me with his style but now I miss him being champ. I even have started feeling that way about bendo...

But I don't really think GSP's original plan was to walk away from MMA permanently. I think the decision to retire came as a reaction to the fact that he was more or less forced to give up his title.

No he wasn't! He knew he have to vacate the title. Also did he announce that he fully retired or is that something else you have made up?

I'm actually really enjoying the WW division. It's open and exciting. We're getting some good tilts. I'm hoping Lawler can hold on to the belt for awhile. I think he has some exciting defences ahead.

No it is not. They just keep doing the same title fight over and over again. Yeah that's really open.

I don't miss him, not even a little.

Back