I like Rose, but...

I think Suarez is a bigger challenge for Rose. Either opponent will be a good fight.

So, JJ couldn't land significant strikes on Rose because of how good she is, but now Andrade can because she KO'd KK?

Styles matter. Joanna consented to an outside striking match and never pressured her. Andrade is all about pressuring in with punches then continuing to unload on the fence or grabbing a clinch for one of her slams. Rose has never faced a strong pressure fighter like Andrade, we don't know how well she can fight going backwards under pressure. Maybe she can do what Joanna did, maybe she can't, we won't know till they fight.

Andrade had nothing for joanna.. good movement beats her..

Good movement AND an impenetrable TDD, clinch, and defensive grappling. People forget that Andrade STILL got her hands on Joanna, got her up and down, and Joanna needed to counter that too.

Rose still recovering from a bus ride

Andrade will put her in a coma

Styles matter. Joanna consented to an outside striking match and never pressured her. Andrade is all about pressuring in with punches then continuing to unload on the fence or grabbing a clinch for one of her slams. Rose has never faced a strong pressure fighter like Andrade, we don't know how well she can fight going backwards under pressure. Maybe she can do what Joanna did, maybe she can't, we won't know till they fight.

Rose has the best movement in the weight class. Both head movement, in & out, and the ability to move side to side for that matter. There is literally no reason to expect she couldn't do it. In fact, it would be silly to expect that she couldn't do it.

Andrade gonna KO Rose. Andrade only loses to JJ and maybe Suarez. That must be terrifying to think about as a contender.

I think Jessica beats the shit outta Rose.

WMMA hardly ever gets one punch KO's, what she did was very impressive.
Damn straight! I know she loses about 1 out of three fights, but that power.

Rose has enough power to get respect - Androgynous is very hittable.

Rose TKO's this she-male.

Adrande and Suarez are both betting favorites over Rose imo.

Agreed. It's just intriguing how Rose seems to be the worst matchup in the division for Joanna (Suarez might take that title though), but seems vulnerable to a bunch of people Joanna beat (Torres, KK, Andrade). Frankly, I think that Andrade would be all over her. Rose has the angles, the footwork, the finesse in the boxing, but Andrade has a monster chin and will come at you full force with haymakers. She will push the takedowns if you are having success standing.

I'm not sure Rose can stop her from slamming her down to the mat.

And I believe Suarez's grappling would be too much. We don't know how far Rose's takedown defense has come but it is hard to believe that someone would make a great grappler like Esparza look so outmatched in the the wrestling/ground game and not be able to do the same to Rose.

As long as Rose can remain technically sound, she can win. KK panicked and starting fighting in the pocket, and that's an AWFUL idea against Andrade.

Rose and Suarez are best in the division. Rose has underrated defense and footwork. Andrade is dangerous in the first few minutes but NO WAY she can sustain that pace against a good fighter. Especially if she's not landing. KK just got smacked early and started fighting stupid. She landed plenty of her own shots but never got it together.

Joanna can beat Andrade too.

As long as Rose can remain technically sound, she can win. KK panicked and starting fighting in the pocket, and that's an AWFUL idea against Andrade.

The problem is we have no idea if Rose can withstand takedowns from a powerhouse like Andrade. Tecia remained technically sound and very efficient against Andrade in the standup, so Andrade used her powerful takedowns and top game to reverse the course of the fight.

I'm not sure if anyone has really tried a grappling heavy strategy against Rose since Esparza. I have the feeling that if Andrade gets into trouble on the feet, she can slam her down.

Rose and Suarez are best in the division. Rose has underrated defense and footwork. Andrade is dangerous in the first few minutes but NO WAY she can sustain that pace against a good fighter. Especially if she's not landing. KK just got smacked early and started fighting stupid. She landed plenty of her own shots but never got it together.

Joanna can beat Andrade too.

Andrade is one of those people though who seemingly should gas herself out because she fights like that, but instead seems to maintain that ridiculous pace and aggression even into the third round. It's something to see.

I thought rose retired due to emotional distress

The problem is we have no idea if Rose can withstand takedowns from a powerhouse like Andrade. Tecia remained technically sound and very efficient against Andrade in the standup, so Andrade used her powerful takedowns and top game to reverse the course of the fight.

I'm not sure if anyone has really tried a grappling heavy strategy against Rose since Esparza. I have the feeling that if Andrade gets into trouble on the feet, she can slam her down.

Rose is good off her back. I'd only be worried about Andrade raining bombs down and not gassing from it. Other than that, I don't even know if it'd be a huge disadvantage for Rose.

Back