I like Chandler, I hope Will Brooks knocks him OUT

Brooks has a lot of talent, but unless he's made 3 years worth of improvement in 6 months, he's not ready for Chandler..

Poor Chandler. Great entertaining fighter who comes off like a great guy, yet so many people who claim to like him want him to lose his fights just because they think/hope it would be the death of Bellator even though it wouldn't be.

I understand being torn between EA-Chandler...and leaning towards Eddie's side because of how much he has riding on it but "I like Chandler, but i hope he gets knocked OUT just to see Bellator have to go in a different direction with the title scene" is just weak.

Totally disagree with your analysis of my comment. However, it appears that you are in the minority opinion category anyway.

Brooks could (hypothetically speaking) gnp Chandler. I doubt it will happen but it could

Actually a pretty good question.

Does Bellator still try to set up the trilogy, even if Chandler is (hypothetically) coming off a loss? Or do they unify the titles first?

If the rumours are true and Eddie does only have one fight left on his contract, then it will be the rubber match regardless of what Brooks does.

hypothetically speaking he could hit him with a 100-punch combo.

Not really, that's why they have refs. And no one has landed close to a hundred punch combo before so there is nothing to suggest it will happen here.

Will likes to gnp, Chandler has been gnp'd before. It's not out of the realm of possibility, and there is evidence to suggest it could happen.

Poor Chandler. Great entertaining fighter who comes off like a great guy, yet so many people who claim to like him want him to lose his fights just because they think/hope it would be the death of Bellator even though it wouldn't be.

I understand being torn between EA-Chandler...and leaning towards Eddie's side because of how much he has riding on it but "I like Chandler, but i hope he gets knocked OUT just to see Bellator have to go in a different direction with the title scene" is just weak.

This is so true. People just love to hate Bellator. I don't get it.

Unless Brooks has improved dramatically his striking don't see him winning a round.

I thought Chandler/Alvarez was already booked? Am I missing something here?

They ignore Brooks' interim belt and have the trilogy fight for the double interim belt. Chandler rematches Brooks for the "undisputed" belt later, regardless of the outcome. Dave Jansen develops a magical injury that keeps him out two more years and learns to keep his dog safely inside his house.

It's not like they even pretend to have any respect for the belts anymore.

Definitely... Missing a concussion, not on you on Eddie Alvarez.

angry-at-computer-o.gif

what a strange thread title. seems disrespectful

No disrespect at all. I normally root for Chandler. However, I would like to see Brooks, who is not known as a KO artist, dramatically KO Chandler. I think that result is the kind of competition that Bjorn is looking for from Bellator tournament winners.

I usually never say never but i can't see Brooks winning this fight even if they fought 100 times.

I dont know tbh, i think Brooks is a verry decent prospect and altho i have Chandler as a favorite it wouldnt be a huge upset if Brooks wins

There is nothing Brooks does that Chandler doesn't do better. Chandler may even be better at being explosive...

Last edited:
Back