I know this sounds like clickbait. But MMA fighters need to stay in their lane.

Fury is an embarrassment, being out of shape doesn't even explain all of it, out of shape doesn't erase every skill and ability a fighter has, he's just never been that good of a fighter. And mma boxing has always been so bad that an mma fighter coming over to boxing should never even look competitive in our sport, the same way a boxer shouldn't look competitive in theirs.
I agree that it doesn't explain it all. I've said it myself. However, some people (like this Yellowcrab clown), pretend as if Fury was in the best shape of his life. Not sure about you but I don't like when people push false narratives that obviously aren't true. There's no way in hell he trained 12 weeks for that fight. Sorry.

I never thought Kimbo was a bad fighter, he got caught by that one guy and went down, looked like a weak shot but sometimes those kinds are what does the trick. For Kimbo's background, he showed a ton of toughness and heart and did manage to beat some experienced boxers and mma guys. I don't know what went wrong with his chin in that fight because he looked to have taken better shots before and since.

The major thing though is, I really thought Kimbo had a lot of initiative and a lot of conviction, which I never thought mma fighters often had. I think maybe he could have done more with some earlier training. I don't know his training habits or his attitude towards being coached so I can't comment on that but he didn't do as bad as some people think. If he was that bad, he probably shouldn't have beaten shamrock or tank or ray mercer. Just based on elite experience those guys should be able to beat your streetfighters.
You talking about the Seth Petruzelli fight? Yeah that was definitely an unexpected upset. Petruzelli was a last minute replacement. I watched it live at the time at a sports bar. Kimbo wasn't a bad fighter but his stamina was pretty bad. Then again he was built like a brick shithouse (later tested positive for PEDs, no surprise) and guys that thickly muscled tend to have shit cardio.

I agree that it doesn't explain it all. I've said it myself. However, some people (like this Yellowcrab clown), pretend as if Fury was in the best shape of his life. Not sure about you but I don't like when people push false narratives that obviously aren't true. There's no way in hell he trained 12 weeks for that fight. Sorry.
i doubt he trained that well, the best fury i saw was the second wilder fight, outside of that, he's generally had some pretty bad performances. There were glimmers of hope though, a many that huge, throwing that many punches and being mobile was a revelation but just too many minuses for me.

You talking about the Seth Petruzelli fight? Yeah that was definitely an unexpected upset. Petruzelli was a last minute replacement. I watched it live at the time at a sports bar. Kimbo wasn't a bad fighter but his stamina was pretty bad. Then again he was built like a brick shithouse (later tested positive for PEDs, no surprise) and guys that thickly muscled tend to have shit cardio.
yes, the petruzulli fight, he looked like he just got caught with one of those shots that don't look like much and it took him out. Ya, roids and big muscles usually don't help a top fighter, he obviously did a lot of them, they say he had like an orange sized tumor at the time of his death on his liver. Poor guy, I really hoped for him and he seemed like a nice guy in sit down interviews. My biggest worry for him, before he got too into mma was that they would put that fire out that he had in him, that's what i was deathly afraid of for myself and the coaches calling themselves helping me, they take the fire out of guys most of the time. Whether it was that, or maybe he just wasn't that promising to begin with, i don't know. I always thought though that any guy with that kind of fire is a threat to any mma fighter because they hardly ever have that kind of thing.

I thought Kimbo could have been a decent boxer if he had the cardio. He did have a few matches, even fought on a card in Australia once. Seemed to have decent enough skills for HW

i doubt he trained that well, the best fury i saw was the second wilder fight, outside of that, he's generally had some pretty bad performances. There were glimmers of hope though, a many that huge, throwing that many punches and being mobile was a revelation but just too many minuses for me.
Yeah he's always had flaws. His physical advantages and recovery have been enough to see him through.
yes, the petruzulli fight, he looked like he just got caught with one of those shots that don't look like much and it took him out. Ya, roids and big muscles usually don't help a top fighter, he obviously did a lot of them, they say he had like an orange sized tumor at the time of his death on his liver. Poor guy, I really hoped for him and he seemed like a nice guy in sit down interviews. My biggest worry for him, before he got too into mma was that they would put that fire out that he had in him, that's what i was deathly afraid of for myself and the coaches calling themselves helping me, they take the fire out of guys most of the time. Whether it was that, or maybe he just wasn't that promising to begin with, i don't know. I always thought though that any guy with that kind of fire is a threat to any mma fighter because they hardly ever have that kind of thing.
Kimbo did have potential. I remember even Bas Rutten had said that. He trained him for a short while in MMA. Then if I recall Kimbo left him. Can't remember what that was over.

I thought Kimbo could have been a decent boxer if he had the cardio. He did have a few matches, even fought on a card in Australia once. Seemed to have decent enough skills for HW
I think he would've done better in organized bareknuckle boxing. What he essentially made his name in originally in those backyard brawls.

Yeah he's always had flaws. His physical advantages and recovery have been enough to see him through.

Kimbo did have potential. I remember even Bas Rutten had said that. He trained him for a short while in MMA. Then if I recall Kimbo left him. Can't remember what that was over.
Me either,Bas referred to something about Kimbo not listening, which, in my own experience and observation may or may not mean limbo was at fault. I could only reflect on my experiences with mma, I felt the manner they trained in would ruin me so i just kept a distance. Also, the people who lead often have a need to he worshipped which i just found distasteful. So, who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back