Media I knew Cyril Gane fans love to go hyperbolic, but this is too much.

Wait there is a Gane Train?

giphy.gif

I think his point was that he's nothing amazing p4p if Gane was a LHW he would not get that much hype it's mostly because he's a Hw.

Naturally but take "footwork" as an example, its necessary to analyse it according to the size of the fighter.
And, regarding footwork, you very rarely see someone his size moving like that.
I have seen joshua against ruiz 2 showing its possible but i dont have a big MMA fighter in mind being able to be on his toes for 25 minutes like gane did against biggie.

With the state of the HW division these days, a big, young, strong, fast kickboxer might just smash his way to the top in a year. Like Cro Cop did 15 years ago.
CroCop has been #3 in Pride which is likely where Gane is going to end up in the UFC.

He fought at 217lbs in muay thai not so long ago. At that time, he could have easily cut to 205.

Damn when was this fight happen he gained 30 lbs muscle since that fight he weighed 247 vs rozenstrike he was probably cutting for this fight I’m guessing or he packed on some serious muscle quick lol good find

Damn when was this fight happen he gained 30 lbs muscle since that fight he weighed 247 vs rozenstrike he was probably cutting for this fight I’m guessing or he packed on some serious muscle quick lol good find
June 2016.

CroCop has been #3 in Pride which is likely where Gane is going to end up in the UFC.
I meant the top as into contender spot within a year.

A talented kickboxer still needs to survive a punch from Francis, and I'm thinking only a grappler can stop do that atm.

Gane is the very first fighter TS and I have seen fans get hyperbolic about.

If he gets past Volkov I will be surprised.

The irony is you're doing the same thing to OP that OP is doing to that guy

Giving him good advice is the same as expressing the inabolity to deal with people getting behind a fighter that he isn't behind? Interesting.

I’m starting to think he may be the next champion. Whoever wins this weekend is my pick to grab the belt next.

This is an analysis on Why Gane is the best HW UFC fighter by one of his bandwagon fans. This hype train needs to be stopped.

He's 6'5, hyper athletic at 250lbs, insanely gifted at striking for HW, and has a love for grappling... at HW lol.

His existence breaks the meta of HW, where power, strength and chin seem to be the greatest assets. He's like a lower weight fighter sized up competing at HW. He makes no sense lol.

Seriously, even past technical greats needed power, strength and/or chin for HW. Big Nog had his famous chin and toughness. Fedor had his superhuman speed and big power. Even Stipe and DC have amazing chins and insane strength. And then you have Gane, whose chin is unknown, power is relatively normal, and is more finesse than raw, brute strength.

He has all the tools to outpoint everyone at HW, including Ngannou. But at the same time, his lack of power means he can get mowed down by Ngannou and Lewis, and wrestlefucked by Blaydes.

It's just interesting to have someone like him at 265.

I mean, he's the most skilled. Whether that means best or not is another story altogether when big Francis is what awaits at the top of the division.

I mean, he's the most skilled. Whether that means best or not is another story altogether when big Francis is what awaits at the top of the division.
He has good footwork and hand speed for a HW. That’s subtly different than “the most skilled”. I don’t think he’s anywhere close to the most skilled.

I’m curious if he can get thru Volkovs jabs and straights. His boxing fundamentals are solid.

If he does, he’s a legit top 3 and it will be fun to see what happens next.

My guess is neither of them would ever beat Blaydes, who just dropped a few rings himself due to Black Beast.

Back