Media I knew Cyril Gane fans love to go hyperbolic, but this is too much.

People are just really hype about there being another very technical Heavyweight. Those dont come around too often

You havent watched him fight have you?
I mean its very debatble how high his ceiling really is, but he is one of the few HW who seems to portray some sort of technique on the feet that isnt based on pure power punching, has a great chin and very underrated ground game. If he can add a little more power to his arsenal he will be able to challenge most of HWs shallow division with ease. Realistically only Francis, Stipe and Volkov (and maybe Lewis) might be better than him right now. So it isnt super far fetched to have the opinion, that skillsetwise he might be the best of them.
I think his point was that he's nothing amazing p4p if Gane was a LHW he would not get that much hype it's mostly because he's a Hw.

He looked fine. The fight was boring but Gane looked like his usual self

If you're a HW putting on 5-round stink fests, you ain't looking fine kid. Especially when Ngannou starched the same guy in a matter of seconds.

This is an analysis on Why Gane is the best HW UFC fighter by one of his bandwagon fans. This hype train needs to be stopped.

Meh. I don’t mind it since HW could use some fresh dudes. It’s the Khazmat/Islam Goat type ass lickery that gets me. Gane gonna have his hands full with Volkov I think. Would be nice to see him tested.

Especially when Ngannou starched the same guy in a matter of seconds.
It doesn't change that much . I don't think Francis and Gane winrate are quite different if they fight Rozen 100 times.

You're putting finishing expectation on Gane because he's a HW.
Imo it would have been a bit worrying if Gane finished Rozen like Francis

These cheeks are getting clapped if he tries to stand and bang with Volkov, lol.
Takedowns are his best hope. The question is, can he wrestle non-stop for 5 rounds? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Watched an interview yesterday of Cyril coach Fernand Lopez. He said people are overrating Gane ground game, because he have 3 subs and underrating Volkov's one. He say Volkov survived 21 TD by the best HW wrestler and got up almost everytime, and also reversed Werdum, while Cyril happened to submitted 3 guy with poor submissions defense. They are definitely not going for a grappling based gameplan. They also aknowledged from the start that Volkov was the worst matchup for Cyril in the division, because he his taller and has great cardio

You havent watched him fight have you?
I mean its very debatble how high his ceiling really is, but he is one of the few HW who seems to portray some sort of technique on the feet that isnt based on pure power punching, has a great chin and very underrated ground game. If he can add a little more power to his arsenal he will be able to challenge most of HWs shallow division with ease. Realistically only Francis, Stipe and Volkov (and maybe Lewis) might be better than him right now. So it isnt super far fetched to have the opinion, that skillsetwise he might be the best of them.
He's great don't get me wrong but in the video, the guy said he is technically better than all LHW's which is honestly just preposterous. He is one of the best technically for a heavyweight but if you compare him to say Jan, Jiri or Izzy he isn't anything like them.

I think his point was that he's nothing amazing p4p if Gane was a LHW he would not get that much hype it's mostly because he's a Hw.
While the hype thing might be true because people like knockouts, i would go as far and say there really arent many LHWs who are technically as sound as Gane.

If you're a HW putting on 5-round stink fests, you ain't looking fine kid. Especially when Ngannou starched the same guy in a matter of seconds.
50-45 with 102 sig strikes and 3 TD landed is nothing to be ashamed of.
Volkov vs Blaydes was way worse to watch than Gane vs Rozenstruik, and somehow people managed to praise Volkov for that.

He's great don't get me wrong but in the video, the guy said he is technically better than all LHW's which is honestly just preposterous. He is one of the best technically for a heavyweight but if you compare him to say Jan, Jiri or Izzy he isn't anything like them.
Imo the Claim isnt as far fetched. Izzy aint a LHW, Jan is a very good boxer with exactly one kick and Jiri is super unorthodox and values agression over technicality.
I wouldnt say there arent as many top strikers at LHW and Gane would be one oder the best for sure.

Gane is a good fighter and a hard fight for Volkov. I still think Drago wins this.

Imo the Claim isnt as far fetched. Izzy aint a LHW, Jan is a very good boxer with exactly one kick and Jiri is super unorthodox and values agression over technicality.
I wouldnt say there arent as many top strikers at LHW and Gane would be one oder the best for sure.
I think because he's got almost a karate style of footwork despite coming from muay tai it's very hard for HW's to hit him just from naturally being slower. But at LHW which he could never make anyway, they will be quicker and be able to kick his legs, and honestly I don't think he has that sharp boxing

“He would be the best lhw as well”

stopped video right there fucking idiot how can Gane make lhw foh

Back