I just realized no favorite fighters on the profile signatures

I always thought that having a list of favorite fighters was kinda corny.

I made my sig like 10 years ago. I don't even remember what it says anymore and I only use Sherdog on my phone now so I can't see them anyway.

I think it is an interesting observation, with some truth to it. I remember those sigs and thinking they were ghey as fuck, however, I do believe those fans were really passionate about the sport and individual fighters in a way that showed respect for the history of combat sports. I think many new fans don't understand the history of the sport as well, and they don't have the same cultural background that previous generations of fans had - i.e., toughness in men is not valued as much anymore, or at least not rewarded as well due to trends of gender "equality," etc. This is evidenced by the type of bandwagons and the fans that attach themselves to them - most visibly, Conor fans, and others of his ilk (thinking of the guy with the clown hair who lets other guys bang his gf, but can't remember his idiot name). Conor is a hype machine, whose substance has been questioned, and rightly so. New fans get attached to hype machines, whereas old fans didn't get caught up in that as much, with some exceptions (Hoyce's comeback was one example where people fell for the hype, even here on the 'Dawg).

Edit: Since we're on the subject of forum behavior, what is up with dudes on Sherdog having cute chicks in their AV? I never understood that one, either. Never seen that elsewhere on the 'net. Ghey, imo.

Back in time a lot of posters were sharing their favorite fighters on their signatures but right now nearly nobody does this,I think sherdoggers dont like the game as before and hanging here just to get some likes for ego masturbation,I remember very well back in time I made a thread about a card and I called it weak and I had a huge shitstorm and I learnt my lesson that on sherdog yu cant talk shit about a card it was like 2007 or 2008 but nowadays we see people crying nearly about every card...thats another fact
Nobody can beat my signature, my signature list is still undefeated.

TS sounds like Michael Jordan.

This new generation don't know how hard the NBA was back then bla BLA BLA BLA...

Every forum had sigs with images and gifs back in the day, brings back good memories, don't see it much on any forums these days i wonder why?

I only ever had one signature. “Shogun was robbed.” As soon as he knocked out Machida and claimed his belt, I took it off.

Back