I Just Had An MRI

hope all is well. i had in injury to my knee a few years ago, and they put me, feet first, into one of those machines, and i was just thinking "i wouldnt make it headfirst without serious benzos".

Did you hallucinate? I remember Art Bell had some guests on who talked about hallucinating in the MRI machine. I think they said they felt like they were being visited by some entities while they were in there or something along those lines. You should be a guest on The Why Files
it's the sort of thing that happens during meditation when you switch your brain off. There's little else to do in those machines and the noises are oddly relaxing.

15 mins? Holy shit I’ve been wanting one to see what’s going on with my upper back but idk now. I’m claustrophobic too

MRIs are brutal. 15 minutes isn’t bad tho tbh. I had to get one on my neck that was 45 minutes. I don’t usually get anxiety for any reason but was starting to get pretty uncomfortable in there.

Hope your all good fam.

Won't they give you ativan or valium if you tell them you have anxiety for the MRI?

I think so if you ask but I didnt know what I was in for til I was in there, I'll be asking for it next time, though

Aw. Come on bro. Not all techno is gay.

Just check this badboy out

Cool song and vid. I thought this was a Scooby Doo chase scene until Travis Ku'uali'ialoha Browne showed up.

200w.gif

Tyg2bo5.gif

Last edited:
I'm surprised they were able to fit you inside of one of those things.

I never got one.. but I guess I would enjoy the silence.

Many different MRI machines exist that deal with this. One is called open air, another is impact.
I don't get why this isn't the standard MRI. the claustrophobic MRI machine seems very archaic. In 2024 we should have like handheld MRI machines like in sci fi that scan your body.

Last edited:
Between an MRI and the CT Scan where they inject the contrast dye, I would opt for the MRI. Every time I get a CT scan with the dye, it feels like I wet myself. The warm feeling spreading throughout is such an unsettling feeling.

I’ve had several and I am prone to freakish claustrophobia. I just pretend I’m in the tunnel chasing Charlie again.

I’ve only had one before. I didn’t open my eyes for the entire time. I knew that if I knew how cramped in there I really was I’d lose my fucking marbles.

I just had one last Monday. I was in there for an hour and they had to inject the contrast dye. Not all places have headphones with music etc. Just foam plugs.I fall asleep repeatedly and have those weird dreams that feel long but only asleep for seconds.

When i've had to do it i just close my eyes and try to picture i'm lying out at a lake, relaxing. Seems to work as it puts me to sleep after a few minutes. The times i've had to do it was for 45 minutes and they taped my ankles together to help stay still. It's a shock at first, but you can't let yourself go into panic mode.

Back