• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I just dont understand this Brady-Rodgers stuff. Sorry

forgot about this

but yeah

it's pretty embarrassing at this point

Brady illicits some strong emotions. Right now on my different social media , a lot of people are losing their collective minds.

The level of brain-numbing idiocy in this thread is staggering. I shouldn't be surprised though, considering Rodgers fans are the Flat-Earthers of sports fandom, so facts and logic don't really have much importance to them.

Let's take those dumb arguments and dismantle them one by one:

''Brady wins because his division is weak''
t8rlza.jpg

''Belichick is the reason Brady wins''

Belichick without Brady had 5 seasons in Cleveland, only 1 playoff appearance, no playoff wins, and subsequently got fired. A record of 36-44. His first season in New England he was 5-11, 0-2 in the next when Bledsoe got hurt. With Brady, the Pats went 13-3 and won the Superbowl.

Belichick is 19-19 as a Pats coach with someone other than Brady. He's 0-2 in playoff appearances when he has full seasons without Brady.

2000 Pats 5-11 (Without Brady)
2001 Pats 13-3 Win Superbowl (With Brady)

2007 Pats 18-1, 16-0 regular season, best offensive season ever at that point, only bested by 2013 Broncos (With Brady)
2008 Pats 11-5 miss playoffs with vastly easier schedule than 2007 (Without Brady)

Belichick career record without Brady 55-63 (46%)
Belichick career record with Brady 203-57 (78%)

2eqgs29.jpg

Power Rankings from 2001 when Bledsoe went out. Because Da Pats were stacked and Belichick was the GOAT.

''Rodgers is just as clutch''

Brady has 43 comebacks (.515 success rate) and 54 game winning drives
Rodgers has 14 career comebacks (.286 success rate) and 21 winning drives

Players with more comebacks, game winning drives and a better success rate include Matt Stafford, Andy Dalton, Alex Smith and Joe Flacco.

''Brady's defenses have carried him, Rodgers' offense has been better''

Top 100 scoring offenses of all time:

2. 2007 Pats
3. 2011 Packers
4. 2012 Pats
13. 2010 Pats
15. 2011 Pats
29. 2014 Packers
50. 2014 Pats
55. 2015 Pats
60. 2009 Packers
64. 2017 Pats
87. 2013 Pats
90. 2016 Pats

Total Pats teams: 9

Top 100 scoring defenses of all time:

Total Pats teams: 0

''Rodgers has better stats and a better peak!''

TD's:

Brady: 505
Rodgers: 328

Yards:

Brady: 68,653
Rodgers: 41,044

Career record:

Brady 203-57 (78%)
Rodgers 97-52-1 (64,6%)

Most TD's in a season:

Brady: 50
Rodgers: 46

Most Yards in a season:

Brady: 5235
Rodgers: 4643

Most yards in a game:

Brady: 500+ 3 times
Rodgers 500+ 0 times

Most TD's in a game:

Brady 6 TD's 3 times
Rodgers 6 TD's 2 times

Individual awards:

MVP

Brady 3 times
Rodgers 2 times

SB MVP's

Brady 4 times
Rodgers 1 time

''Fuck Tom Brady and Fuck the Cheatriots''

I'll give you that one.

This post needs an Update.

Lmao. Rodgers is probably the most overrated player of all time. Brady just won #7. Rodgers still sitting at #1. Brady came to Lambeau and beat the so called best.

Brady has now won the NFC Championship and on through the Super Bowl as many times as Rodgers has.

Bill is nothing without Tom.. or drew... or Matt... or jimmy.

What about previous NFC winning QB Cam Newton? How well do you think he'd go under Bill mate?

So glad this thread got bumped. Was thinking about all the stupid arguments people had made here all throughout that game.

What about previous NFC winning QB Cam Newton? How well do you think he'd go under Bill mate?

can Newton hasn’t been the same since like 2016.. his body is shot now thanks to years of shitty oline play in Carolina. Watching him throw is just painful these days lol

as someone who started this thread I will say. I think Arod is a top 10 guy forsure!
but to put someone in Brady's class at this point I think is pretty embarrassing.

also what we thinking of Mahomes at this point? I think he was hurt forsure but this is now two SB he has been in where I thought he was terrible. The niners SB he was terrible for the most part, and this one he was even worse. Bad O line play though in this one for him

as someone who started this thread I will say. I think Arod is a top 10 guy forsure!
but to put someone in Brady's class at this point I think is pretty embarrassing.

also what we thinking of Mahomes at this point? I think he was hurt forsure but this is now two SB he has been in where I thought he was terrible. The niners SB he was terrible for the most part, and this one he was even worse. Bad O line play though in this one for him
He ran like 479 yards, behind his LOS, prior to throwing the ball last night and was under pressure on 29 of like 56 drop backs...

And his receivers dropped sure TDs... not sure how you lay last night's game at his feet.

That line against that front seven of TB was horrendous. The Niners were the same way last year only Jimmy G can't keep up on the offensive side of the ball with what Mahomes could do.

What if Mahomes becomes the next Rodgers and goes 10 years with out a superbowl win. Or like Brees plenty of accolades and no superbowl wins.

Ppl anointing him top early like with Rodgers

Ppl just don't understand the game at a thinking level so when they flashy and more complete QB games like Patrick or Aaron with their scrambling, feet and arm they think that auto means better when that isn't true. The peaks of Peyton or Brady could easily be argued higher than either even of they weren't as "complete"

Honestly that beatdown reminded me of some McNabb Eagles games. Mahomes start to his career is similar to Brett Favre ATM.

Both have WC offense ties. Arm talent. Young SB winners. b2bs SB lost as the favorite to an ATG QB. Media loved and were crowning them early

I think he's a mix of McNabb with Favre's Cannon arm. Ppl compare him to Aaron ITO playstyle but Aaron is much more conservative and mistake free to a detriment as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back