I honestly think HW will be so much easier for Jones

I'd actually like to see Jones vs JDS! JDS is not easy to takedown and can still thump and Jones isn't known for his one hitter quitters. I be very curious to see Jones throwing side kicks and putting on his nikes with a JDS or Francis kicking his legs and punching him.

HW has a lot of slow unathletic dudes man.. Power is no good when you are slow.. Can't hit the target..
Agreed the speed isn’t there as much at HW but it only takes one with the big boys. You think Jones can take the uppercuts he took from Reyes from Ngannou, Stipe, Lewis, JDS. He can’t take them down because they’re too strong so Jones would be forced to stay on his feet. They’d walk through anything had to throw. The HWs would walk down Jones like Jones does to the MW/LHWs he fights. His only hope would be to gas out Ngannou or Lewis before he got hit with a bomb.

Agreed the speed isn’t there as much at HW but it only takes one with the big boys. You think Jones can take the uppercuts he took from Reyes from Ngannou, Stipe, Lewis, JDS. He can’t take them down because they’re too strong so Jones would be forced to stay on his feet. They’d walk through anything had to throw. The HWs would walk down Jones like Jones does to the MW/LHWs he fights. His only hope would be to gas out Ngannou or Lewis before he got hit with a bomb.

I think Jones has an iron fucking Jaw and will to boot. The best heart and fighting spirit maybe ever in the game. And with his speed and versatility he will be dominant at HW..

The thing with HW is that Jones won't be able to wrestle them that easily, and the one punch ko menace will be a lot bigger. He'll surely kick and jab them from long range, using his speed advantage and waiting for them to get tired, but won't clinch a lot imo.

He can barely even wrestle the LHW's now that he's off the juice.

I think Jones has an iron fucking Jaw and will to boot. The best heart and fighting spirit maybe ever in the game. And with his speed and versatility he will be dominant at HW..

No, he won't.

Jones will never take a fight at HW.

Especially now that he can't roid and has to rely on gifted decisions to even beat the LHWs and MWs.

I actually don't. Because Stipe is slow and mostly boxes with some wrestling. He is not a big mover. He stands in front of you.. He got nailed with DC power punches over and over both fights.. Jones prays on that type of fighter with his great versatility. Reyes is an athlete, that has variety and used athletic movement.. Stipe will stand in front of Jones trying to KO him. He won't move..

Regardless of what might or might not happen, Stipe wouldn't simply be head-hunting.

I haven’t seen any evidence of an iron jaw. True he’s never been KO’d but he’s also never been hit by a right from Stipe or Ngannou to test that. And it’s doubtful he could deliver any KO power such that a HW would get rattled. HW is a different world and Jones isn’t built for it.

..... around at 240....

Walk around weight means nothing. Nothing at all. No, it does not. Jones could walk around at 340lbs. That just means he gets wildly out of shape fat between fights. That weight would not help in a fight, because it literally does not exist in said fight. He weighs just about 222lbs and that is what matters in the context of how he fights today.

I can not for the love of baby Jesus understand why fans continue to think because some dude walks around at whatever weight, that means he is automatically suited to moving up.

As for Jon in particular moving up? He has the frame of course so it could work, but don't think it's a good call to simply be a flabby 240lbs a HW just because you can.

I haven’t seen any evidence of an iron jaw. True he’s never been KO’d but he’s also never been hit by a right from Stipe or Ngannou to test that. And it’s doubtful he could deliver any KO power such that a HW would get rattled. HW is a different world and Jones isn’t built for it.

If you don’t think he has an iron chin then you literally have watched basically zero of his fights. That’s ridiculous that you just said that.

You only base him losing at HW on guys that are big and strong. The problem is the skill set doesn’t match the size and strength. Light heavyweight does now and has always had much more skilled fighters. They are big but they are also fast and technical. Heavyweight has a lot of big giant’s with slow reaction times. I think time will tell. But I believe I am correct. Jones will dominate that division. Stipe Watch how he fights and attacks. That is not the type of opponent Jones has problems with. He doesn’t move enough. He stands right in front of you trying to box. Basically you need to watch some fights.

Regardless of what might or might not happen, Stipe wouldn't simply be head-hunting.

I think that is exactly what he would be doing. He had a nice little adjustment in the second fight with DC by attacking the body. But for practically four rounds all he did was stand right in front of him trying to Land a power punch.

If you don’t think he has an iron chin then you literally have watched basically zero of his fights. That’s ridiculous that you just said that.

You only base him losing at HW on guys that are big and strong. The problem is the skill set doesn’t match the size and strength. Light heavyweight does now and has always had much more skilled fighters. They are big but they are also fast and technical. Heavyweight has a lot of big giant’s with slow reaction times. I think time will tell. But I believe I am correct. Jones will dominate that division. Stipe Watch how he fights and attacks. That is not the type of opponent Jones has problems with. He doesn’t move enough. He stands right in front of you trying to box. Basically you need to watch some fights.
Name 3 fighters Jones got smashed by and recovered to prove this iron chin.
Further Stipe can stand right in front of whoever he wants and be effective striking. He did it to Ngannou so I think he’d be just fine against pillow hands Jones.
And don’t resort to insults or that I don’t know enough if I disagree with your opinion. It’s a bad look.

Older, slower opponents that are generally less technical than smaller guys. Jones is slowing down and now would be the perfect time to move on to HW.

people generally make a bigger deal on the differences between HWs and LHW. They are all big dudes, the latter just choses to cut down. Most LHWs like Jones walk around at 240 most likely.

Jones would clean the division. Actually he would beat the chubbier Cormier even worse

Except that Jones doesn't think so.

Jones is not beating Stipe or Ngannou and I also questiom whether he would beat DC at HW who is not draining himself 30 lbs.

After watching Reyes and Santos, what makes you think Jones beats Stipe? He is stronger than both and has more refined boxing. Not to mention, Stipe has spent his career getting hit by 230+ lb. men.

Jones is still elite but its clear he is declining. Whether its because he is off roids or simply due to mileage is up for debate.

Your roids may vary.

Older, slower opponents that are generally less technical than smaller guys. Jones is slowing down and now would be the perfect time to move on to HW.

people generally make a bigger deal on the differences between HWs and LHW. They are all big dudes, the latter just choses to cut down. Most LHWs like Jones walk around at 240 most likely.

Jones would clean the division. Actually he would beat the chubbier Cormier even worse

Yeah...no

He's scared for a reason

After watching Stipe vs DC twice what makes you think Jones would struggle vs Stipe? knocked out the first go around and had to pull a come back from behind victory while Jones defeated DC comfortably.

What makes him think it? Maybe knowing that MMA Math is unreliable and that the heavyweight division is a volatile place.

Back