I have watched UFC for a few years now and just went to my first BJJ class... :)

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Quick summary for lazy ppl:

I got destroyed. lol...

For those who want to know more about:

My friend who is a blue belt toyed with me as he pleased, I tapped like a girl (don't kill me for this phrase) multiple times.
After a warm up and drilling techniques I was dead tired, then rolling killed me for good. And now I also have sore throat because I was rear naked choked (drills) a few times and I have a big Adam's apple, which is not fun when pushed inside hard. I also tapped from a forearm squeeze while being mounted, like a bitch, lol. I was tapping like a madman. Knee on the belly multiple times also is no fun.All the watching of the UFC didn't make me superhuman, nor did it promote me to a brown belt right away, damnit.
(edit// BUT! At least sometimes I knew that he was going for this sub or that sub.. I tried to fight off but.. didn't have power to do it and the technique to do it... ;) BUT when he let me try arm bar or a triangle, I actually did it well and he said it felt strong, the type of strong that if I caught him with it without him handing it to me on a silver platter- he would tap from the pressure.)

But I loved it and will return to action soon, as soon as my body lets me, lol. To get my revenge ;)
I always appreciated the ground battle in the UFC, but now I will even appreciate passing the guard like never before since I know how hard it is when someone actually knows what they are doing... And it made me want to pay attention to every minute detail so that I can try to remember and implement it into my own piss-poor game for the next time ;) Also I had no idea it can be so exhausting.
Also, I always thought being on top in the guard is pretty safe... I know what he can do, I watch the UFC! lol. Don't put your hands on the mat Joe Rogan said, don't do it. Ok, I'm fine, my hands are not on the mat.. wait.. I'm getting armbarred, what's happening! Or "how the hell did he just sweep me!" or "I know what you want to do, you want to get that fancy mounted triangle on me ala maia/Sonnen... wait.. wait..damn it!!" :p

/// Little additional info:

For those who were wondering, I'm 29, not fat, but not well conditioned, was lifting before but stopped coz of injury, got to lift a bit again before I joined the class that's why I wasn't so sore the day after. And I actually want to try out Judo too, but we will see.

Cheers guys. Hope you enjoyed the story and I encourage all of you Sherdoggers who only like to criticize fighters to actually move from the sofa and go to a BJJ class or any other martial art. You will get more out watching the fights and the appreciation for the technique will also be higher.

For those who have didn't enjoy or Too long didn't read even the summary, to make up for it:

BP7I0l7.jpg

3o6gaXJ0zJTK2Z5hug.gif

3o6gaUsDteRHRVg3pS.gif

3o6gaVjYZZKfogXe3C.gif

Sorry, I'm not a tiny chicks lover so making up only for guys that have my taste.

3o6gaRwRrw0bCiXHFu.gif

Last edited:
Only looked at the pics.

The rest...didn't read.

Nice man, I'll be doing the same once I can heal up this broken down body from neglect. :p

Best of luck in your martial arts adventure.

TS, I know you thought you wrote this in your personal journal with a pen but you've actually typed it on a public UFC forum!

I bet your face is red!

Quick summary for lazy ppl:

I got destroyed. lol...

For those who want to know more about:

My friend who is a blue belt toyed with me as he pleased, I tapped like a girl (don't kill me for this phrase) multiple times.
After a warm up and drilling techniques I was dead tired, then rolling killed me for good. And now I also
have sore throat because I was rear naked choked (drills) a few times and I have a big Addam's apple, which is not fun when pushed inside hard. I also tapped from a forearm squeeze while being mounted, like a bitch, lol. I was tapping like a madman. Knee on the belly multiple times also is no fun.All the watching of the UFC didn't make me superhuman, nor did it promote me to a brown belt right away, damnit.

But I loved it and will return to action soon, as soon as my body lets me, lol. To get my revenge ;)
I always appreciated the ground battle in the UFC, but now I will even appreciate passing the guard like never before since I know how hard it is when someone actually knows what they are doing... And it made me want to pay attention to every minute detail so that I can try to remember and implement it into my own piss-poor game for the next time ;) Also I had no idea it can be so exhausting.

Cheers guys. Hope you enjoyed the story and I encourage all of you Sherdoggers who only like to criticize fighters to actually move from the sofa and go to a BJJ class or any other martial art. You will get more out watching the fights and the appreciation for the technique will also be higher.

For those who have no enjoyed or Too long didn't read even the summary, to make up for it:

BP7I0l7.jpg

3o6gaXJ0zJTK2Z5hug.gif

3o6gaUsDteRHRVg3pS.gif

3o6gaVjYZZKfogXe3C.gif

Sorry, I'm not a tiny chicks lover so making up only for guys that have my taste.

3o6gaRwRrw0bCiXHFu.gif

I understand man, I was there 3 years ago when I started BJJ. Just keep doing it and you will submit your friend soon trust me.

Also thanks for the pics.

Rolling live really gives you a better appreciation for the sport. Glad you had a good experience.

Also, girl at the top flexing is bangin. Wow

Hard to believe all those years of watching UFC from the couch didn't prepare you better.

Yep. It's pretty awesome huh?

I appreciate the thicknessss

Awesome,wish there was a quality BJJ class at where I live.

Would be a breath of fresh air after 20 years of playing Football

I wish BJJ was available locally during my youth would of been fun... Good luck with your new journey.

Good for you. Welcome to reality.

Good on you for starting. I'm saving up to join maybe the local SBG, Gracie Barra, or 10th Planet. Saving, but I'm also nervous about joining (I don't deal with new crowds too well, I'm not afraid of getting rag-dolled one bit. I enjoy it).

Still, I hope to take the step you have taken, and keep at it.

Last edited:
I think it's awesome that you have not been discouraged by experiencing first hand how brutal being a new white belt can be. Learning new skills is awesome if you can appreciate the process. Good luck to you, and enjoy it. :)

BJJ is something I think the average man can/should do if they dont play other sports. Just to realize how easily they can die by a trained submission artist

MMA/BJJ/Submission rasslin' are very accessible combat sports. However, people hardly man the fuck up and try it out, let alone stick with it. Keep it up.

Back