I have to question Pacquiao's 8 inch wrist

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Sorry but this is to be a wrong measurement.

According to every source I can find Pac has a wrist of 8 inches and a fist circumference of 10 inches.

I'm guessing that fist size is measured around the ball fist over the thumb. If it was under the thumb no way he has 10 inch fists.

Its hard to find 8 inch wrists below HW. Tyson had 8 inch wrist. Danny green has 6.5 inch wrist which I just thought was interesting since he is a cruiserweight.

Even at his own weight class, JMM had 6.5 inch wrist and mayweather has 7 inch wrists.

Roberto Duran only had 6 inch wrist but had arguably more power than pacquiao.

Has this ever been addressed? Im guessing most boxer measurements are exaggerated.

Most likely Pac has a 7 inch wrist that was measured wrong or rounded up.

Funny I used to question that measurement myself.

As I am around 255 lbs (closer to 220 fairly lean) and my wrists measure around 7.5

I defintely don't have big wrists for my frame, but Manny having 8 inch wrists sounds hard to believe.

I think Arnold only had wrists arounf 7-7.5 inch.

Funny I used to question that measurement myself.

As I am around 255 lbs (closer to 220 fairly lean) and my wrists measure around 7.5

I defintely don't have big wrists for my frame, but Manny having 8 inch wrists sounds hard to believe.

I think Arnold only had wrists arounf 7-7.5 inch.

I'm 5'8 7 inch wrist. Im more inclined to believe a 7 inch measurement for Pac. Im a stocky guy too. 180

Edit: i meant 6'5 250

Last edited:
I'm 5'8 7 inch wrist. Im more inclined to believe a 7 inch measurement for Pac. Im a stocky guy too. 180

As you say, 8 inch wrists are quite large.

I do powerlifting and lot of the heavyweight world class strongmen/powerlifters have wrists well over 8 inches.

However, a lot of these guys are well over 6 foot and heavy boned.

As you say, 8 inch wrists are quite large.

I do powerlifting and lot of the heavyweight world class strongmen/powerlifters have wrists well over 8 inches.

However, a lot of these guys are well over 6 foot and heavy boned.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. An 8 inch wrist is very noticeable. If you put a small guy next to a big guy the wrist and forearm size is noticeably larger.

Imo if he does have 8 inch wrist they should be noticeably large in comparison to his body but they aren't. At least in none of the photos I can find.

Here is a comparison photo of PAC and JMM. JMM wrist is 6.5.

132352292.jpg

Just because Pacquaio isn't a big man, doesn't mean that he can't have 8 inches.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. An 8 inch wrist is very noticeable. If you put a small guy next to a big guy the wrist and forearm size is noticeably larger.

Imo if he does have 8 inch wrist they should be noticeably large in comparison to his body but they aren't. At least in none of the photos I can find.

Here is a comparison photo of PAC and JMM. JMM wrist is 6.5.

132352292.jpg

He must of had them measured them incorrectly and the number has stuck.

I would guess 7-7.5 at the very most.

They look big for his frame, but not 8 inches for sure

These are terrible and super confrontational questions to ask his wrist. Watch some Conan and learn how to really interview!

a bigger wrist is supposed to be indicative of power right? what if u have skinny wrists and massive fat hands? asking for a friend ;)

Personally, i doubt a lot of the measurements that we see in the tale of the tape. We know for a fact that height is skewed all the time but i always wondered about the other dimensions like biceps, wrist, legs etc.., With Holmes, Ali and other heavyweights I often wondered about the waist size, usually looks bigger than 34 or whatever but that's passable, then, there are guys who are middleweights who have a 16 inch biceps or what have you, which would be the same as most heavyweights, certainly possible but most likely exaggerated. If we're not there to measure for ourselves i wouldn't take any of the measurements seriously, none of them, not with boxing, not with actors, not with bodybuilders. There's a funny story of a journalist who early in tyson's career said he doubted the "20 inch neck" line, he approached mike with a tape and tyson gave him a fierce look that, if i remember correctly had the author "going to change his depends".

I think of my wrist as being thin and I just measured it @ 7.5" so not too crazy I suppose.

Mind you I am 6'1" & 247lbs atm so...

a bigger wrist is supposed to be indicative of power right? what if u have skinny wrists and massive fat hands? asking for a friend ;)
I think it's that your wrist can take more force before it breaks, not necessarily that it convey's power, but that you can feel more free to fire away.

Mayweather might have tremendous power but he's got fists like Mr Glass y'know?

wrist size would indicate bone structure i believe. bigger bones generrally means bigger man.

Back