I have to question Pacquiao's 8 inch wrist

There's less variation in skull size across populations than body size. Short people in general look like they have bigger heads because the heads tend to be average size while the body is smaller.
8696952-3x2-940x627.jpg

similar head and body proportions.

jeremy-lin-and-manny-pacquiao.jpg

similar cranial volume, vastly different limb lengths.

Have any of you wristologists seen someone with huge wrists and tiny hands? There are many examples of guys with skinny wrists and big hands, but I've never seen the reverse.
Pac and Braldey both have big heads, Pacs head looks bigger than Jeremy Lins, lin has a long face. at 5 foot 5 Pacs face and head shouldn't be that big.

Here is 6 foot 4 Overeem with Pacman, Pacs head is wider and bigger than Overreems
p1.jpg

Now here is Pac with someone closer to his size in Rigondeaux who has a head proportionate to his body, Pacs head dwarfs Rigos big time
hqdefault.jpg

Pac has a big head for sure, no question he has a Dwarf body, the guy has huge ass leg bones that belong on a 6 foot 6 guy, but a think upperbody and narrow shoulders, dudes body is not proportional at all

he also wears a size 11 shoe at 5 foot 5 inches tall. Adrien Broner called him big feet mofo, because Pacs feet were big for his size.

Last edited:
Power punchers come in all different proportions. Golovkin has big forearms and people say his power comes from that. Tyson had huge thighs and people said that's where his power came from. Pac has big calves and wrists supposedly so that's where his power is supposed to come from. Wilder has no legs, and his power is supposed to come from his upper body lol. There's always something new, and I think people are full of shit, being big in one part of your body isn't going to make you a knock out artist.
yeah I think Pacmans bone density is why he cracks guys, he has heavy bones and abnormally large leg bones his ankle are massive yet his upperbody is narrow.. Have you noticed Manny has never broke his fists in a fight, the most he ever had was swelling form a poorly wrapped hand but no broken bones

even in training camp he hits near the bottom of a heavybag full blast with straight punches with power. Im surprised he has yet to break his hand punching like this on the heavy bag.

yeah I think Pacmans bone density is why he cracks guys, he has heavy bones and abnormally large leg bones his ankle are massive yet his upperbody is narrow.. Have you noticed Manny has never broke his fists in a fight, the most he ever had was swelling form a poorly wrapped hand but no broken bones

even in training camp he hits near the bottom of a heavybag full blast with straight punches with power. Im surprised he has yet to break his hand punching like this on the heavy bag.

although i'm sure it's happened before, i have never heard of anyone breaking their hand on a heavybag. the human skull is the main culprit behind broken hands/hand problems.

Pac and Braldey both have big heads, Pacs head looks bigger than Jeremy Lins, lin has a long face. at 5 foot 5 Pacs face and head shouldn't be that big.

Here is 6 foot 4 Overeem with Pacman, Pacs head is wider and bigger than Overreems
p1.jpg

Now here is Pac with someone closer to his size in Rigondeaux who has a head proportionate to his body, Pacs head dwarfs Rigos big time
hqdefault.jpg

Pac has a big head for sure that is not question he has a Dwarf body, the guy has huge ass leg bones that belong on a 6 foot 6 guy, but a think upperbody and narrow shoulders, dudes body is not proportional at all

he also wears a size 11 shoe at 5 foot 5 inches tall. Adrien Broner called him big feet mofo, because Pacs feet were big for his size.
Pac is big boned for his size but his head is not especially big for his height. When compared against other guys similar in size, there are more similarities.
Marco+Antonio+Barrera+Manny+Pacquiao+Manny+5mNCxuDQJkpl.jpg

pacandmorales.jpg

Short guys just have proportionately bigger heads. Rigo is an outlier- that guy has tiny bones in general.

Rigo-vs-Ceja.jpg

Guillermo-Rigondeaux_3-678x381.jpg

Devoid of context, you'd never realize he was a 120 lb 5'4 incher. That's because he scaled down proportionately so everything shrinks. Most short guys retain adult sized skulls but have stunted limb bones.

and thurman looks like a beginner when he punches, still don't get why anyone thought he'd win.

although i'm sure it's happened before, i have never heard of anyone breaking their hand on a heavybag. the human skull is the main culprit behind broken hands/hand problems.
I've seen it happen on those crappy bags where all the weight settles at the bottom and it gets hard as a rock. Both times were meatheads going full power while wearing mma gloves.

Wrist injuries are much more common, even with proper protection.

I've seen it happen on those crappy bags where all the weight settles at the bottom and it gets hard as a rock. Both times were meatheads going full power while wearing mma gloves.

Wrist injuries are much more common, even with proper protection.
ya, i know about the settling on the bottom of the bags, particularly cheap bags, i could see a "meathead" doing that but I haven't heard of a good fighter ever doing it. I used to get sore right in the wrist bone but I don't anymore, some of it is just conditioning. Of course, I don't think there is anything that can be done to stop hands from breaking when it hits a skull. The bones are small and the force is great, it's not like they can get the opponent to sit still and hit them in the best spot either, you'll be hitting a moving skull all along it's crevices and ridges. I still wonder how the old timers never had hand problems.

It has grown over the years, similat to Jay Cutler (Bodybuilder)

are you sure? weight gain can make the head look bigger, i remember seeing ali in an interview from the olympics and he didn't look anything like the ali he'd be in 4 short years, most of that was just due to weight change. He used to have very, very little fat on him when he was young, by the time he fought liston he weighed 211, a gain of over 30 pounds. He still matured physically over the next decade although he was no slouch in the clinches with liston.

His head has not grown any more than anybody else who has gained weight and gotten older. He has always looked like a guy with big bone structure, which is why I never found it hard to believe he had large wrists (not necessarily 8 inches, just large in general compared to guys his size). The whole, "His head grew!" was just a slander thrown out to accuse him of drug use by Floyd.

As a teenager he had the same head:

2817A5DD00000578-0-image-a-43_14302131403761.jpg

As he did in his 20s:

tumblr_psscjm8X9h1w82386o1_1280.jpg

And as he gained weight it actually looks more fitting for his body:

hqdefault.jpg

His head did not get bigger, it's kind of a ridiculous thing that people say who are usually accusing him of drug use. Sometimes he has a different haircut, that's about it.

i don't think they measure the skull size but that reminds me of a post from about 12 years ago where a poster said he watched a parade in PI with Manny, he said that Manny looked up at him and waved and that he "looked real wierd in real life" which i could see, he does kind of have a spooky vibe, nice guy but always had a bit of a spooky air to him, don't know if it's the shape of his head or what but there was always an air of strangeness (which i usually felt with great fighters anyway).

I saw him in person, stood right next to him. He looks completely normal to me, except that he is much leaner than most people you come across and has huge calves.

Most guys you come across, even if they are very fit, have a double digit body fat percentage. When you see someone who has significantly lower body fat than most other fit people their face looks super lean. I saw Pacquiao at Wild Card during training camp for Bradley 3, and the most surprising thing about him was how lean he was.

I can actually post pictures I took if you want.

fighters do look different with weight gain, i mentioned ali, but i could mention many others, duran looked very different as a lightweight than what he looked like later. However, with a guy like evander holyfield, a guy who didn't look to put on any body fat, just muscle, i always had to wonder if the roids made his head bigger. it's kinda obvious with a barry bonds or what have you though. but, for whatever reason, people want to believe in their heroes, i'm not getting into the manny ped arguement, but there is smoke there.

fighters do look different with weight gain, i mentioned ali, but i could mention many others, duran looked very different as a lightweight than what he looked like later. However, with a guy like evander holyfield, a guy who didn't look to put on any body fat, just muscle, i always had to wonder if the roids made his head bigger. it's kinda obvious with a barry bonds or what have you though. but, for whatever reason, people want to believe in their heroes, i'm not getting into the manny ped arguement, but there is smoke there.

People can make whatever accusations make them feel good. But if an accusation makes no sense, I'm going to point that out. The two accusations that make absolutely no sense are:

1. His head grew: No, it didn't. Just look at the pictures I posted, it's pretty obvious that he has always had the same head since he was a kid.
2. He gained so much weight to make his WW run: No, he didn't. He just grew up like normal people do, and then stopped cutting so much weight. He gained a total of 5 pounds from the time he fought Morales to the time he fought Algieri almost a decade later.

x1080-9lx.jpg

Manny-Pacquiao-Juan-manuel-marquez.png

tale%2Bof%2Bthe%2Btape.png

People can make whatever accusations make them feel good. But if an accusation makes no sense, I'm going to point that out. The two accusations that make absolutely no sense are:

1. His head grew: No, it didn't. Just look at the pictures I posted, it's pretty obvious that he has always had the same head since he was a kid.
2. He gained so much weight to make his WW run: No, he didn't. He just grew up like normal people do, and then stopped cutting so much weight. He gained a total of 5 pounds from the time he found Morales to the time he fought Algieri almost a decade later.

x1080-9lx.jpg

Manny-Pacquiao-Juan-manuel-marquez.png

tale%2Bof%2Bthe%2Btape.png
i'm not getting into that, i love pac is all i'll say.

Manny is afraid of needles so they measure his wrist right below the elbow.

I can't believe so many of you know your wrist measurement, to be honest.

Edit, I'm 8" or a shade under. With my wrist flaccid.

Last edited:
I DARE ANYONE HERE TO SHOW A PIC OF THERES OR ANYONES WRIST SIZE 8 WITH A MEASURING TAPE . I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN ANYONE WITH SIZE 8 WRIST. IT DOESN’T EXIST. DON’T BELEIVE ME GO SEARCH ONLINE YOU WILL ONLY FIND PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT BUT NO REAL PIC OR VEDIOS TO PROF SOMEONE HAS SIZE 8 WRIST. ITS JUST A FAIRY TALE. PROOF IT WITH A PIC OR CLIP NOT JUST TALK THAT YOU HAVE OR YOU SEEN ON SOMEONE. I DOUBT ANYONE EVEN HAVE A 7.5 WRIST, PROOF ME WRONG AND POST A PIC IF U DO HAVE SIMPLE AS THAT.

10 inches

55890576_130587414688942_7420821736606583691_n.jpg

Manny is afraid of needles so they measure his wrist right below the elbow.

I can't believe so many of you know your wrist measurement, to be honest.

Edit, I'm 8" or a shade under. With my wrist flaccid.
Lol....I had no idea prior to this thread. It’s not something I’ve ever thought about but I wanted to see if Pac’s reported numbers were crazy or not.

Pac doesnt have 8 inch wrists, whoever said that probably measured higher up near his forearm. He probably has a regular 6 inch wrist around.

They even listed him at 5 foot 6 and half early in his career when the guy is clearly 5 foot 4 barefoot, and 5 foot 5 and half with shoes.

His ankles are wide though, dudes leg bones are abnormal big.

Manny's wrists are on the juice.

Back