I have the coolest fiance ever.

2 gig of (compressed) roger footage? who wouldnt want it!

I have a good relationship with budovids and id like to keep it that way! I live less than 10 miles from budo and come in constant contact with them at tournaments and am in the store often. Its not like most of the stuff it isnt on the internet already. What I did is pretty easy, it just took a lot of time.

The only thing I dont really see on the net with some digging is pan ams 06 and some of worlds 2010....which im kind of shocked his triangle win over Xande isnt everywhere. Some of the matches ive learned the most from are on pan ams 06. It really gave me a greater understanding of some of the things he threatened but didnt follow through on in his 2010 matches. I loved his counter to the Sean Williams Guard and counter to the flower sweep in the Lovato 06 pans match. His grip switching in another pan 06 when standing in the guard was of great help as well. The grip switches, though simple, is probably coolest thing I learned on the pan 06 DVD sets.... though its hard to pick.

Even some some careful digging you can find all the 2010 matches online. (though i DL Bruno Bastos 2010 before it was removed and have not found it anywhere since).

Congrats to you Dan. Having a supportive spouse is one of the most important things with BJJ. I'm assuming you've always done bjj since she's known you. Nearing obsession level with jiu-jitsu after having dated your wife for three years (this is what I did) is not recommended.

Wow, that's an amazing gift! Congratulations!

Dude! I would totally be interested in that video.

Arguably what you did is akin to making a HL video and so its not the same as stealing copyrighted material and just posting it. There was work on your part making a new product. Although my memory on copyright is hazy so don't quote me on that :)

But seriously, I would love a copy of that DVD. I love Roger's game and 3 bread and butter techniques of mine I got from watching him.

Kind of strange... would have thought you would've preferred your wife's guard to Rogers (at least for the honeymoon).

Anyway congrats on the privates, the cool wifey, and your man crush on Roger moving to the next level! Kidding, man! Enjoy.

Its only fair that since she got you bjj lessons,

you get her bj lessons.:icon_chee

possibilities
1) trap... you're fucked
2) not a trap... make sure you got her something comparably cool as well

EVERYONE wants your Roger DVD. Can you just upload a couple onto youtube and post it here? If you really respect Roger you'll do it... so hurry up and do it!

Think im kidding? ... want a copy of my 25 pages of notes on his videos in ms word? haha I cant wait to have my technique cleaned up and restructured by him.

I wonder how much it would cost to have him go over your notes. That would be an unreal source of material. Kind of like in college when you spend an hour before a test with the professor during office hours.

Im getting married next month and for our honeymoon in dec shes taking me to england and booking 7 private lessons with Roger Gracie. I just confirmed my lesson dates today
What you DON'T know is she is obsessed with a good Rogering also and booked 8 privates for herself.

:)

Congrats on the engagement!

dan, u r one lucky dude man.. she's definitely a keeper

that will be like my dream to be able to travel all the way to england and have private with roger!

That's a great gift from her, but let's not mince words here, you're clearly a mentalist.

Damn you are one lucky guy. My wife was cool about BJJ but within the last year she seems to think of a new reason each day for me to either reduce my training (3 or 4 times a week) or stop altogether.

A friend of mines wife set up one private for his birthday, but what your wife is doing is letting you do something you are passionate about at the expensive of spending time with her in an "exotic" country.

You know that we are all kind to plead with you to upload that DVD.

ps where around London are you staying?

Im getting married next month and for our honeymoon in dec shes taking me to england and booking 7 private lessons with Roger Gracie.
You suck, really really really suck. That is all.

But seriously though, you can't dangle "I have compliled Roger Footage" in our faces and then not provide it when asked. Not cool...

Roger should get a restraining order... your idea of 8 privates is definetley different than Roger's idea of 8 privates.....

That's a great gift from her, but let's not mince words here, you're clearly a mentalist.

haha i'm glad someone said it

great gesture - and she looks fine from the back at least :D

still think i'd rather a girl that trains BJJ herself and is reasonably hot

Back