I have rarely rooted for any fighter other than Fedor, but I'm rooting for Woodley to win tomorrow

Too much emotional investment / attachment to a fighter could back fire when they lose. I have seen how many on Sherdogs over the years went full tilt after their favorites got destroyed. The emotional devastation isn't worth it lol. I had a taste of it when Fedor got submitted by Werdum.
I hear ya. Another point for maintaining an unbiased outlook is that you can enjoy the fights more as just the competition that they are. Getting all wrapped up in favorites distracts from the competition for me. Having said that, I still let emotion slip in sometimes. I’m a sucker for an underdog.

I find it nearly impossible to have watched from UFC 1 and care zero about anyone until Fedor. Considering the first one was 1993 and Fedor wouldn't fight until 2000 and join Pride in 2002 (I doubt TS was watching his regionals) then that means you were watching for damn near a decade and gave no shits until an unknown Russian came in. If you didn't care about Royce one iota and the numerous classic rivalries and riveting title fights until then I don't get what sport you're watching.

Try hard to like the guy and root for him then he compares Colin Kap to Ali.
<{clintugh}>

WAR Till.

The comparison is apt. People think very highly of Ali now, but at the time they were calling him the kind of names you'd reserve for hate crimes these days. Kap has a long way to go before he's thought of that way but the initial backlash is pretty similar.

Been a fan of MMA since UFC 1. I have rarely rooted for any fighter other than Fedor and Overeem, but I'm rooting for Woodley to win tomorrow. Seeing the amount of hates he gets is disgusting, and it would be glorious to see him win.

Till is a very tough, young and hungry opponent, and this is Woodley's toughest challenge to date in my opinion.

However, this would make the win for Woodley even better.

Are you white? You changing sides on us boy

?

When I see Till and Woodley in the cage, there is no way I can root for a guy that much bigger. I don't dislike Woodley like that.

I find it nearly impossible to have watched from UFC 1 and care zero about anyone until Fedor. Considering the first one was 1993 and Fedor wouldn't fight until 2000 and join Pride in 2002 (I doubt TS was watching his regionals) then that means you were watching for damn near a decade and gave no shits until an unknown Russian came in. If you didn't care about Royce one iota and the numerous classic rivalries and riveting title fights until then I don't get what sport you're watching.

The comparison is apt. People think very highly of Ali now, but at the time they were calling him the kind of names you'd reserve for hate crimes these days. Kap has a long way to go before he's thought of that way but the initial backlash is pretty similar.
Backlash is similar maybe but the ssimilarities end there id say.

you could tell in the Dana White interview that he really hates Woodley.

MFAO @ Dana's long pause <Lmaoo> He was trying to think of some original lies that's not in his arsenal of lies.

He did it to himself. From playing the race card every chance he gets and having a shitty personality, to being a very boring fighter ever since he won the belt, he has no one else to blame but himself for all the hate.

Meanwhile GSP goes 10 years without finishing a fight in his weightclass, and 5 years without finishing a fight PERIOD, but people suck his nuts.........

Tell us why you really hate Tyrone. I'll be waiting for your salty tears on Saturday.

I don't place bets, but this has all the markings of a chance to win money. Till hasn't faced a wrestler, is tall and a flat footed MT fighter without good TDD. I'm watching this one like a science experiment because I think Woodley should be a big favourite.

IMG_2787.PNG
How many times is woodley going to say " Im the greatest welterweight of all time" . He is the only person that has ever breathed such a notion ,
"Matt Hughes 'Made In America- The Most Dominant Champion In UFC History' "

I hear ya. Another point for maintaining an unbiased outlook is that you can enjoy the fights more as just the competition that they are. Getting all wrapped up in favorites distracts from the competition for me. Having said that, I still let emotion slip in sometimes. I’m a sucker for an underdog.

Same here - I occasionally root for an underdog, and it makes the fight a bit more suspenseful and more enjoyable to watch, especially when the underdog wins in a dominant fashion against an obnoxious favorite, like Holm vs. Rousey.

I'm picking Woodley.

- Till hasn't proven he can deal with a wrestler like T Wood

- Huge weight cut could be problematic

- Woodley is well versed at handling this level of pressure, Till was a nobody a year ago

- I have my doubts about Till's mental state. 1- he is extremely entitled. 2- he has been saying shit like "I just want to fight already, don't want to train" "no one can say anything to me about weight again" whining as though he doesn't deserve to be questioned about his weight.

-He has cut corners to get where he is, he missed weight badly in 2/3 fights and got gifted a title shot coming off a fight where he was WAY over. If he cut to 170 he would not have won that fight, he won his title eliminator by cheating.

I think Till gasses in round 2 or 3 and gets stopped, maybe sub, maybe TKO. I could see him winning too but with any luck, justice or karma Woodley will put him to sleep.

I'm picking Woodley.

- Till hasn't proven he can deal with a wrestler like T Wood

- Huge weight cut could be problematic

- Woodley is well versed at handling this level of pressure, Till was a nobody a year ago

- I have my doubts about Till's mental state. 1- he is extremely entitled. 2- he has been saying shit like "I just want to fight already, don't want to train" "no one can say anything to me about weight again" whining as though he doesn't deserve to be questioned about his weight.

-He has cut corners to get where he is, he missed weight badly in 2/3 fights and got gifted a title shot coming off a fight where he was WAY over. If he cut to 170 he would not have won that fight, he won his title eliminator by cheating.

I think Till gasses in round 2 or 3 and gets stopped, maybe sub, maybe TKO. I could see him winning too but with any luck, justice or karma Woodley will put him to sleep.

I have literally never placed a sports bet in my life, but I'm considering betting on Woodley for tomorrow. I believe Till is a huge example of Wolf Tickets. I don't expect a close fight.

I was more of a fan of the sport in the early days. The fights were awesome and opened my eyes to real martial arts instead of the Mc Dojo. However, I was not a fan of any fighter but more a fan of their skills. For example, guys like Tank, Royce, etc., were a**holes in the cage, but their fighting styles were enjoyable to watch.

Fedor was the first best of the best who also had professionalism in and outside of competition. That's why I rooted for him. He has my respect.

Wonderboy was a tougher fight for Woodley, but this fight is still very dangerous for him.

you think Till is Woodley's toughest challenge to date?????

who the fuck has Till beat besides Donald Cowman?

Woodley has fought guys like Rory Mac, Jake Shields, Josh Koscheck, Demian Maia, Bob Lawlor...you think Till is a tougher fight than them?????
Yea, and he also lost to Rory Mac and Jake Shields. Lmao at least name the fighters he beat.

And how are you not going to name Till's biggest win, Wonderboy? Even though it was more of a draw.

Yeah I’m slightly leaning towards Woodley, for the possible continuation of the Colby feud.

Not sure if I’ll be mad if Till wins though. He made weight this time, but he’s still on thin ice.

I think Till gasses in round 2 or 3 and gets stopped, maybe sub

Lord knows I've been wrong my fair share of times. But I nailed this one.

(He didn't really gas but close enough.)

I don't place bets, but this has all the markings of a chance to win money. Till hasn't faced a wrestler, is tall and a flat footed MT fighter without good TDD. I'm watching this one like a science experiment because I think Woodley should be a big favourite.

Gonna keep bumping the posts I made in the leadup to this fight that were on the money. Tried to bet, but have never bet before and gave up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back