I have Crushing Student Debt and Bunk-Ass Credit, What do I do?

Dont worry. The world is coming to an end soon and we are all gonna die.
Your money trouble are the least of your problems.

Dave would say he shouldn't give a shit about credit at this point and he'd never recommend getting a credit card for any reason.

I take issue with alot of what Ramsey says but I'd agree that he should forget about credit and buying a house until the student loan is paid off.

What’s the downside of paying with credit card if you pay off each month in its entirety?

Sure, people who can’t / won’t do this should avoid them. That doesn’t sound like TS. But I’d love to hear how paying via credit card and then setting up automatic payoff each statement is less beneficial than buying the exact same things with a debit card / cash.

Consider joining the military....You'll get your debt wiped clean.

What’s the downside of paying with credit card if you pay off each month in its entirety?

Sure, people who can’t / won’t do this should avoid them. That doesn’t sound like TS. But I’d love to hear how paying via credit card and then setting up automatic payoff each statement is less beneficial than buying the exact same things with a debit card / cash.

Ramsey has never recommended anyone to get a credit card for any reason...that's all I was saying. Personally I do just that...pay off the entire balance monthly.

But if you are 90k in debt and just getting by you shouldn't worry about buying a house or building credit.

Ramsey has never recommended anyone to get a credit card for any reason...that's all I was saying. Personally I do just that...pay off the entire balance monthly.

But if you are 90k in debt and just getting by you shouldn't worry about buying a house or building credit.

That’s fair. Ramsey’s method for eliminating debt seems to work well although if TS is mindful I see no reason he couldn’t build his credit score simultaneously. Agreed on the house.

That’s fair. Ramsey’s method for eliminating debt seems to work well although if TS is mindful I see no reason he couldn’t build his credit score simultaneously. Agreed on the house.

Again I don't agree with him on everything but credit just helps you borrow money which is the last thing he needs. Shouldn't have a car loan at this stage and definitely not a house.

go take more college courses and get that debt to 115k!

Ok, I’ll be an asshole here. Went to university in Canada. My alma mater is rated 35 in the world. Paid $2000 a year. Can’t believe people get in debt going to school.

Ok, I’ll be an asshole here. Went to university in Canada. My alma mater is rated 35 in the world. Paid $2000 a year. Can’t believe people get in debt going to school.
turns our beautiful women into prostitutes.

Single parents? Those who have tragedy in the family during classes? Those who seek to change careers?

I have a guy in my microbiology class who can no longer be a pilot due to having two strokes and is therefore retraining in a new field.

Seems your education didnt make you very aware of what happens in the real world.

90k student debt
broke ass credit

1. How do I pay these off most effectively?

2. I need to make secondary income apart from my job, any ideas?

3. How do I improve my credit score quickly?
sorry bud, no quick fix. You are under the boot of the man for the next 20 years of your life. Try and get a decent job and pay as much off as quickly as you can to mitigate the compounding interest.

It is going to be lame as fuuuuuuuuuck.

Make a new ID, move to Brazil, and start a new life.

You'd need to write a few more paragraphs about your situation for us to give reasonable advice, like...

1. Did you graduate?
2. What was your Major/Minor?
3. Grad School?
4. Working Experience?
5. Location you live & work?

Personally, I had $15K in student loan debt, and I couldn't find any work to live much less actually make my monthly payments. It ballooned up to $28K in a few years.

I began OTR Truck Driving in 2014, and after 5 years of living comfortably on the road but driving my ass off, I'll be 100% debt-free in October of this year, with $100K in the bank, and I just bought a like-new Lexus that will be paid off within 14 more months.

Looking forward to quitting OTR truck driving at the end of the year and doing a regional truck driving job that I get to sleep in my house every night.
What was the point of going to college if you just ended up becoming a trucker?

What was the point of going to college if you just ended up becoming a trucker?

Trade School for welding.

I started having health problems from all the fumes, so I stopped welding. I doubled-down on taking a weld-inspection course, and I passed the course but royally failed the Certified Welding Inspector test (That's a long story).

I still got a job as a weld inspector, but it was only for 2 years, and I only got paid $35K a year. Couldn't find anything else after that that didn't require CWI certification.

So yeah, Tulsa Welding School is a scam.

Trade School for welding.

I started having health problems from all the fumes, so I stopped welding. I doubled-down on taking a weld-inspection course, and I passed the course but royally failed the Certified Welding Inspector test (That's a long story).

I still got a job as a weld inspector, but it was only for 2 years, and I only got paid $35K a year. Couldn't find anything else after that that didn't require CWI certification.

So yeah, Tulsa Welding School is a scam.
Oh. I’ve never met any weld inspectors before, but I met a welder once who started off at $24/hr once he got out of school. Too bad you couldn’t stick with it.

Oh. I’ve never met any weld inspectors before, but I met a welder once who started off at $24/hr once he got out of school. Too bad you couldn’t stick with it.

Yep, I was one of them. Then I had to take off work for doctor visits, every other week. The welding fumes were reaping havok on my lungs. Eventually had to quit or be fired.

I could have found a job doing TIG-welding (least amount of fumes) but I was so out of practice with that kind I couldn't pass any of the welding tests to get a job.

On the bright side, after my loans are paid off I have the option to go back to Tulsa and practice TIG-welding whenever I like. If I happen to find a great TIG-job open, I could ask the employer after a month of going down to Tulsa to practice the test-welds.

Oh, and I hear so many welders are having health problems that many companies are mandating using a respirator. Big plus.

Buy The Secret and start reciting cool-ass buzzwords to yourself in the mirror

"Prosperityyyy" "Aaaa-buuuundance" "I'm RIIIICH"

Wait a couple weeks and money will be rolling in

Back