I have Crushing Student Debt and Bunk-Ass Credit, What do I do?

O

Overtures

90k student debt
broke ass credit

1. How do I pay these off most effectively?

2. I need to make secondary income apart from my job, any ideas?

3. How do I improve my credit score quickly?

Private or federal loans? What interest rate? How much are your currently making? How much are you currently spending?

Kidnap a Kardashian for ransom.
Broker a cable deal for the rights to it.
..profit

uber 30 hours a day 8 days a week and pull yourself by your own bootstraps man.

Only option is to become a drug lord.

Whereabouts do you live?

Have you thought about becoming a lot lizard?

You improve your credit by borrowing and then paying it back.

What area of study has you 90k in debt and unable to maintain a comfortable standard of living while paying it off?

You improve your credit by borrowing and then paying it back.

What area of study has you 90k in debt and unable to maintain a comfortable standard of living while paying it off?

Under grad and grad. I can pay my loans, car payment, and rent, and still have some to spend on candy and video games.

But I ain't buyin' a house any time soon and that's where I'd like to be.

How much do you owe?

But i have questions:

What is your current occupation?
What is your major?
Did you go to grad school?
Did you go to community college before going to a 4 year school?
Did you go to a private school or a state school?
Did you know what the avg salary was for a person who graduated with your degree?

Bottom line is that you need to pay off as much of your debt; cut spending and spend 1~2 years paying more than the minimum.

Last edited:
Improve your credit score by paying everything via credit cards with good perks, but paid in whole every month to avoid any interest. The general consensus is that you should keep each balance below 30% of the credit max, each month. You’ll see a marked improvement in your score and have good cash back rewards to boot.

Dave Ramsey gets a lot of hate on here but his entire premise is founded around situations just like yours. Perhaps look into his advice. Many people have completely eradicated their seemingly insurmountable debts following his path. Good luck broski.

How much do you owe?

But i have questions:

What is your current occupation?
What is your major?
Did you go to grad school?
Did you go to community college before going to a 4 year school?
Did you go to a private school or a state school?
Did you know what the avg salary was for a person who graduated with your degree?

Bottom line is that you need to pay off as much of your debt; cut spending and spend 1~2 years paying more than the minimum.

Lol people always skirt around this question in these threads.

Last edited:
Improve your credit score by paying everything via credit cards with good perks, but paid in whole every month to avoid any interest. The general consensus is that you should keep each balance below 30% of the credit max, each month. You’ll see a marked improvement in your score and have good cash back rewards to boot.

Dave Ramsey gets a lot of hate on here but his entire premise is founded around situations just like yours. Perhaps look into his advice. Many people have completely eradicated their seemingly insurmountable debts following his path. Good luck broski.

Dave would say he shouldn't give a shit about credit at this point and he'd never recommend getting a credit card for any reason.

I take issue with alot of what Ramsey says but I'd agree that he should forget about credit and buying a house until the student loan is paid off.

Live on beans and rice...try to lower your rent and car payment if you have one and attack the student loan.

What was your major

90k student debt
broke ass credit

1. How do I pay these off most effectively?

2. I need to make secondary income apart from my job, any ideas?

3. How do I improve my credit score quickly?

You'd need to write a few more paragraphs about your situation for us to give reasonable advice, like...

1. Did you graduate?
2. What was your Major/Minor?
3. Grad School?
4. Working Experience?
5. Location you live & work?

Personally, I had $15K in student loan debt, and I couldn't find any work to live much less actually make my monthly payments. It ballooned up to $28K in a few years.

I began OTR Truck Driving in 2014, and after 5 years of living comfortably on the road but driving my ass off, I'll be 100% debt-free in October of this year, with $100K in the bank, and I just bought a like-new Lexus that will be paid off within 14 more months.

Looking forward to quitting OTR truck driving at the end of the year and doing a regional truck driving job that I get to sleep in my house every night.

I wouldn't recommend taking your own life but I also think you should at least consider building a machine or robot that could complete the task if things get worse.

And if Futurama is based on real life, it'll only cost a quarter in the future.

90k is a downpayment for a house. Youll be an old cunt by the time you get that paid off especially if youre shit with money like most people are. You're basically fucked. What do you do for a living anyway?

Back