I got my Purple Belt yesterday!

Congrats!!! Btw people obsess about time to get lower belts, in my experience it all tends to even out in the end. You just end up spending more time at purple or black. I made purple fast and then spent four and a half years at purple.

It's the most fun belt anyways. All the toys, and no bullshit.

Congrats!!! Btw people obsess about time to get lower belts, in my experience it all tends to even out in the end. You just end up spending more time at purple or black. I made purple fast and then spent four and a half years at purple.

Good point. I got to purple in three years and have been a purple for three years. So far, Purple has been my enjoyable experience, which I'm sure has a lot to do with how log I've been there.

I feel like I'm competent enough to be competitive with browns and lower level blacks, but not high level enough for people to have certain expectations about my skill level.

The perfect middle ground belt IMO.

Thank you! That is great to hear. The journey has been amazing so far and it just keeps getting better!
Congrats is the only answer here!

Thank you!

Very nice! Congrats brochacho!

also...one day! My blue belt is just breaking in. :)

Thank you brohan!

Congrats dude! I've been training for 5 years myself and sitting at blue for a little over 2. Don't sweat people telling you it's too fast...I mean, it is fast, but everybody's journey is different. I'm sincerely hoping my purple comes after the NY Open this year, but I'll get there when I get there.

Wow, super quick turn around time. Well done and congratulations! You must put in a ton of mat time

Congrats dude! I've been training for 5 years myself and sitting at blue for a little over 2. Don't sweat people telling you it's too fast...I mean, it is fast, but everybody's journey is different. I'm sincerely hoping my purple comes after the NY Open this year, but I'll get there when I get there.

In my observations, competitors usually get promoted slower due to constantly being in position to "prove" their belt on the mat as opposed to guys who get promoted for more subjective reasons.

Last edited:
Well done!

BTW: what brand gi are you (and it looks like several classmates) wearing?

Thanks! Good luck at the open! I'm going to try to make it into the city for that this year.

Wow, super quick turn around time. Well done and congratulations! You must put in a ton of mat time

Thank you!

Congrats man!

Thanks!

Well done!

BTW: what brand gi are you (and it looks like several classmates) wearing?

Thanks! That is our PBJJ school gi. They are made by Fuji. Navy Blue with Orange accents and the school logo embroidered on the shoulders. They are pretty sweet.

Back