I got my Purple Belt yesterday!

LaBrian

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Still on Cloud 9. I was totally surprised, not expecting it at all, only had my blue for 13 months and did not think I was ready, but who am I to question my professors' judgement?

ECtxEQ8.jpg

Emily gave me the best compliment before calling me up "This guy works really hard, trains all the time and he's a great father" The best part, I was sitting with my kids and they were super excited and proud to see me get it. They train too, both are currently grey/white belts.

Group Photo with 2 newly minted black belts, our firsts!
IgFjurp.jpg

damn good feeling isnt it?

congratulations dude

I thought IBJJF minimum was 2 years at blue?

Anyway, congrats.

I thought IBJJF minimum was 2 years at blue?

Anyway, congrats.

Who cares what those assholes say? I trust the opinion of the 2 professors I see 5 days a week over them anyday.

congrats man. 13 months is definitely fast for purp; you must be quite a beast

Is she the lady who collaborates with Kesting? Cool

congrats man. 13 months is definitely fast for purp; you must be quite a beast

Thanks! I'm so humbled and honored. I definitely would have made me wait at least another year, but it's not up to me and that's what they thought I needed, a big fucking target on my back lol.

Is she the lady who collaborates with Kesting? Cool

Lmao, yes that is my professor Emily, she's awesome. The atmosphere that her and Art, our other professor have created on the mats is really special. Everyone trains hard and is really technical, with zero dickheads.

Congrats!!

Thank you!

Who cares what those assholes say? I trust the opinion of the 2 professors I see 5 days a week over them anyday.

Nice. Your school looks great by the way, I checked out the website. Must be nice to train in an atmosphere like that.

Nice. Your school looks great by the way, I checked out the website. Must be nice to train in an atmosphere like that.

Thanks. It really is. I couldn't imagine training anywhere else.

13 months is insane. very well deserved. congrats.

Last edited:
Congrats on the promotion. Keep training!

I got my purple in equally quick turn around, blue isn't a hard belt to make it through.

Congrats homie

awesome man congrats. I'll be cheesin just as hard when I get mine haha :D

Back