I get the feeling Jones is losing his next fight...

He dominates so much that when he has one close fight and still wins, he's suddenly a can waiting to be beat down.

The mauler at the very least could match jones in nearly every aspect of the fight game. Jones had real trouble with the clinch and takedown. Gustaffson gassed a little in the later rounds (which is completely understandable considering it was a five round war).

If gustaffson can get his cardio right up, utilize the exact same game plan but throw a couple more of those spinning elbows (fight fire with fire) he can definitely win, maybe by stoppage. There were times when Jones was near the cage after alexander landed combos, i think he definitely could have hit him way more instead he just took the centre of the cage.

The question is, what does Jones do? He doesnt wanna box with Gus we know that. Go for that clinch more which he had big trouble doing? Or just do what he does best in all aspects of the game believing he is better than Gustufsson?

Whether it's against Gusta or Glover I think he's losing. Now that his invincible aura has been dismantled he won't have so much of a mental advantage over his opponents any more. Gusta has absolutely no fear of Jones now, he knows he can handle Jones' standup and his wrestling, and he knows he can go 5 rounds also. If Gus works on his top game and is a little more aggressive in a rematch, I see Gus winning. If it's Glover, I see him tko-ing Jones within 3 rounds. Obviously we don't know if Glover has the gas tank to go 5 rounds but I don't think it will matter. He has the wrestling to hang with Jones and is likely the strongest LHW in the ufc. His top game is viscous and if he gets Jones down I can see him finishing him. Obviously anything can happen but I think there's a good chance Jones loses his next fight.

Thoughts?
It could happen but on the flip side of that I could see jones relizing that he still needs to improve and might have been getting complacent thinking he was so much better than everyone else, I believe he let his wrestling get rusty thinking Gus was such a slouch in that category but was in for a reality check when Gus was stuffing his takedowns , we could see a even nastier jones than before , only time will tell

Now that his invincible aura has been dismantled

Thoughts?

The fish do swarm around a weakened food source.

Silva came back stronger after Chael de-mystified him.

So we'll see. But I'd love to see Gus smash him and take the belt.

Jones would get KO'd in a rematch with Gus. I'm pretty certain of this actually, and I believe the UFC knows this too. They have too much invested in Jones for the gravy train to end now, which is why he's not getting an immediate rematch.

I would be confident about Glover if he was a little longer, had better footspeed, had shown himself to have a slightly sturdier chin, or all of those things. Nevertheless, he is still a threat. I just don't know if he can get close enough to Jones to get him down or put his lights out. I think it's unfortunately more likely that Jones kicks Glover in the kneecap and pokes his eyes until late in the fight, and then pushes for a finish on a gassed Glover.

Will be cheering for Glover all the way though.

So Gus almost gets ko'd( a few times) but jones is the one that's gonna get ko'd in the rematch that doesn't make a lot of sense jones was never even hurt in that fifht

Whether it's against Gusta or Glover I think he's losing. Now that his invincible aura has been dismantled he won't have so much of a mental advantage over his opponents any more. Gusta has absolutely no fear of Jones now, he knows he can handle Jones' standup and his wrestling, and he knows he can go 5 rounds also. If Gus works on his top game and is a little more aggressive in a rematch, I see Gus winning. If it's Glover, I see him tko-ing Jones within 3 rounds. Obviously we don't know if Glover has the gas tank to go 5 rounds but I don't think it will matter. He has the wrestling to hang with Jones and is likely the strongest LHW in the ufc. His top game is viscous and if he gets Jones down I can see him finishing him. Obviously anything can happen but I think there's a good chance Jones loses his next fight.

Thoughts?

My thought is: He lost his last fight!

What's all this about aura and mental advantage? Quit listening to Rogan. Chael didn't fight intimidated, nor did Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Gus, or Vitor. The only one that seemed slightly fazed was Rashad.

This was the first thing that came to mind for me also you nailed it

Why's that TS... is Jones fighting cancer?

Jones has one bad showing and all of a sudden anyone can beat him? Holy fucking shit the logic on sherdog is stupid.

Gus is just a bad stylistic matchup for him. Especially since Jones doesn't have the reach advantage against Gus that he's used to having against other opponents to keep himself from getting tagged constantly.

Jones wrecks everyone in the LHW division not named Alexander Gustafsson. Gus will forever be his toughest challenge.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he will smash who ever he fights next. Gus or glover

How long has this been being said about Jones. Jones is not invincible and i'm glad he isn't. He more than proved what he is about in this fight. Those refusing to give credit to his champion's heart don't take that away. There is this belief that Jones lacks all these tools to be champ yet he keeps rising to the challenges placed before him like few have ever done in this sport. You cannot in any way continue and continue to discount Jones as a fighter and be a true fan of this sport.

HAHAHAHAHA

The Jones haters are just having a field day, jacking off all over themselves because he finally had a challenging match. Let's don't get ahead of ourselves guys, there's still a pretty good chance he is the best LHW in the world.

Thoughts?

Surreeeee .... and Spider has no chance in his rematch because Weidman "Figured" him out... anything can happen in a fight, jones could KO Gusta in the first round next time

Jones has one bad showing and all of a sudden anyone can beat him? Holy fucking shit the logic on sherdog is stupid.

Gus is just a bad stylistic matchup for him. Especially since Jones doesn't have the reach advantage against Gus that he's used to having against other opponents to keep himself from getting tagged constantly.

Jones wrecks everyone in the LHW division not named Alexander Gustafsson. Gus will forever be his toughest challenge.

LOL your logic is stupid...where did I say anyone can beat him...I just said Gus or Glover can beat him

HAHAHAHAHA

The Jones haters are just having a field day, jacking off all over themselves because he finally had a challenging match. Let's don't get ahead of ourselves guys, there's still a pretty good chance he is the best LHW in the world.

I know everyone acts like he lost the fight ...... lol .... how come no one talks about silva getting his ass kicked by sonnen for 23 minutes and saying silva aint all that or was going to loose his next fight, or no longer invincible

I know everyone acts like he lost the fight ...... lol .... how come no one talks about silva getting his ass kicked by sonnen for 23 minutes and saying silva aint all that or was going to loose his next fight, or no longer invincible

Tons of people thought Chael would beat him in the second fight and that silva was exposed in the first fight...search the forums bro...the threads are there

So Gus almost gets ko'd( a few times) but jones is the one that's gonna get ko'd in the rematch that doesn't make a lot of sense jones was never even hurt in that fifht

Jones left on a stretcher, got his face mutilated to the point his own mother wouldn't recognize him, and had Gus so badly hurt that he stuffed two Jones TDs after he was allegedly almost KO'd by the elbow (the only time Gus was even remotely hurt in the fight.) Gus also stood up from a Jones TD with zero trouble in the next round, even with Jones desperately trying to lay on him. Gus beat the prime out of Jones, broke his aura, and took his soul. Jones does not want a rematch, and is trying to convince himself he won the fight and sounding increasingly delusional in the process, all to justify avoiding Gus and massaging his bruised though still massive ego.

Nice try though.

As for why Gus knocks Jones out in the rematch...

Gus wasn't sitting down fully on his punches or stringing together combinations like he is capable of because he wanted to be ready to move away in case Jones tries to wrestle or clinch with him. Gus was concerned about Jones possibly getting him to the ground, so he didn't commit too much offensively. He still soundly outboxed Jones for 3.9 rounds and basically rearranged his face in the process though.

More importantly, Gus now knows more about Jones, and that his vaunted, almighty ground game and "creative, unorthodox" striking his fanboys lauded for so long are an outright myth and basically useless against someone of equal size. Gus blocked most of Jones' slapping kicks, and will check even more of them in the rematch. He'll also be more prepared for the spinning elbows. Jones has HORRIBLE boxing. The striking gap was so huge, it was a joke. Jones knew he was badly outmatched standing and was desperate to get Gus down; he just couldn't do it. He's lucky he had idiot judges to help him out.

Gus also showed himself physically stronger than Jones, effortlessly standing up from a Jones TD while dragging Jones' carcass from his butt for about 5 seconds. Jones wasn't able to do jack in the way of damage to Gus the one time he got him down; he couldn't even keep him on the ground. Gus now knows he doesn't have much to fear from Jones on the ground, and will be more willing to fully commit to his punches as a result. He also knows that Jones lacks the power to knock him out standing, and that Jones is not a huge threat to him on the ground, and has extreme difficulty even getting the fight there.

Gus is going to knock Jones out or beat the tar out of him (again, this time even worse) in a rematch. Jones needs a dramatically improved boxing game to have a chance; Gus just needs to continue to improve as he's done in every fight and make a few tactical adjustments to stop the judges from screwing him this time.

Which is more likely? Gus changing up a few things and getting better as he's always done, or Jones developing world-level boxing to be able to compete with Gus inside the next year?

I don't see Jon Jones losing in his next fight, I think Jon Jones will come back even stronger, faster, smarter,

Back