I get the feeling Jones is losing his next fight...

The aura thing works for what happened to Fedor and Brock, but the difference is Fedor and Brock showed they could be stopped. Jones showed he has a great chin and the one time he's been taken down he got right back up.

the other difference is the age, jones hasnt even hit his prime yet

i think jones took gus for granted and didnt work on his takedowns

he will be more prepared the next time around

everything that could of gone right for gust went right and he still lost

What's all this about aura and mental advantage? Quit listening to Rogan. Chael didn't fight intimidated, nor did Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Gus, or Vitor. The only one that seemed slightly fazed was Rashad.

IDK about his next one...but one of his next 2 for real. Gus and DC now have even more confidence they can beat him and are coming for him. Texiera can put up a fight but I don't see him having a great chance like the other two but who knows...he's a talented fighter and can definitely prove me wrong...he just has to be ready for a 5 round war. Jones has such an advantage having these 4 and 5 round fights under his belt.

^Chael might not have started the fight intimidated but he got there pretty quick.

Rampage, Shogun are past there prime. Vitor is a MW.

the other difference is the age, jones hasnt even hit his prime yet

i think jones took gus for granted and didnt work on his takedowns

he will be more prepared the next time around

everything that could of gone right for gust went right and he still lost

Everything didn't go right for Gus...he ate some nasty shots in those last 2 rounds bro

This is such a ridiculous argument. To begin with, Jones really didn't start to have that aura until he beat Machida. Shogun and Rampage were dismissed by fans as being old, injured, and unmotivated shells of their Pride selves. Machida was widely considered to be the guy to beat Jones. Rashad was also given a good chance. Jones's aura is a very recent development.

Furthermore, fighters don't win due to some mystical aura. They win because they are better than their opponents. Jones could get KOd 3 times in a row, and he would still come back and beat Shogun or Rampage in rematches. Against elite competition, the aura doesn't even come into play.

I don't know if he'll lose, but I'm sure he's going to fight like he's got something to prove.

What's all this about aura and mental advantage? Quit listening to Rogan. Chael didn't fight intimidated, nor did Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Gus, or Vitor. The only one that seemed slightly fazed was Rashad.

I didn't get that from Rogan lol...and yes he did have an aura...his aura was his wrestling is unstoppable and if he takes you down it's over, either that or he will spinning back elbow the hell out of you

This is such a ridiculous argument. To begin with, Jones really didn't start to have that aura until he beat Machida. Shogun and Rampage were dismissed by fans as being old, injured, and unmotivated shells of their Pride selves. Machida was widely considered to be the guy to beat Jones. Rashad was also given a good chance. Jones's aura is a very recent development.

Furthermore, fighters don't win due to some mystical aura. They win because they are better than their opponents. Jones could get KOd 3 times in a row, and he would still come back and beat Shogun or Rampage in rematches. Against elite competition, the aura doesn't even come into play.

IMO he's had that aura since he flying kneed the hell outta shogun in the opening seconds of their fight

Glover is slow and plodding and has a glassjaw but he definitely has the power to stop Jones' brain.

the only thing this fight has done has eliminated all talks of jones ever moving to hw for at least the foreseeable future

It is quite possible. Many fighters are never the same once they lose the image of being indestructible. After his mauling of Shogun, I think all of his opponents after that were at least semi psyched out since part of them saw Jones as a jauggernaut they can't do much of anything about. ANy way you slice it, it is pretty damn huge. Before this, the running joke was that each of Jone's opponents was doing better and better since Shogun since they actually landed one, two or even 3 strikes. Then Gus came along, and he would likely have won if he was fighting as champ, and for sure would have won if the fight was only 3 rounds. Glover may be Jones' first opponent in a long time who will go into their fight not being legit psyched out.

Well it all depends on who his next fight is.

Don't be surprised if Bisping or Munoz all of the sudden move up and get a shot

the only thing this fight has done has eliminated all talks of jones ever moving to hw for at least the foreseeable future

Agree, and I for one am grateful, he should focus on a long Championship at LHW because that is not so certain anymore.

I get the feeling Jones is going to tear through his next opponent.

Or he learns from this fight and is better prepared the next time. Just a thought.

Back