I get the feeling Jones is losing his next fight...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by boozeco2005, Sep 25, 2013.

1. boozeco2005

boozeco2005 Purple Belt

Whether it's against Gusta or Glover I think he's losing. Now that his invincible aura has been dismantled he won't have so much of a mental advantage over his opponents any more. Gusta has absolutely no fear of Jones now, he knows he can handle Jones' standup and his wrestling, and he knows he can go 5 rounds also. If Gus works on his top game and is a little more aggressive in a rematch, I see Gus winning. If it's Glover, I see him tko-ing Jones within 3 rounds. Obviously we don't know if Glover has the gas tank to go 5 rounds but I don't think it will matter. He has the wrestling to hang with Jones and is likely the strongest LHW in the ufc. His top game is viscous and if he gets Jones down I can see him finishing him. Obviously anything can happen but I think there's a good chance Jones loses his next fight.

Thoughts?

2. BruceyD

BruceyD Orange Belt

Win or lose....it will be very interesting to see how he performs in his next fight.

3. Vinzz

Vinzz Orange Belt

Yeah, Gus has no respect for him any longer and wont gass himself in the first three rounds fearing for his takedowns. Gus will finish him in the second round, Jones knows this and that is why he is ducking a rematch.

4. Torrincian

Torrincian Blue Belt

Jones would get KO'd in a rematch with Gus. I'm pretty certain of this actually, and I believe the UFC knows this too. They have too much invested in Jones for the gravy train to end now, which is why he's not getting an immediate rematch.

I would be confident about Glover if he was a little longer, had better footspeed, had shown himself to have a slightly sturdier chin, or all of those things. Nevertheless, he is still a threat. I just don't know if he can get close enough to Jones to get him down or put his lights out. I think it's unfortunately more likely that Jones kicks Glover in the kneecap and pokes his eyes until late in the fight, and then pushes for a finish on a gassed Glover.

Will be cheering for Glover all the way though.

5. JoeHoganKush**

JoeHoganKush** Banned Banned

Agreed. Jones finally showed he can be beat. It's only going to give fighters more confidence to bang with Jones.

6. AssWhoopin

AssWhoopin The Mutt

Oh I bet he will be gun shy for sure!

7. MartyMcFry

MartyMcFry Brown Belt

I really believe Gus will finish him in the rematch and Glover KOing him is not something that will surprise me if he gets the next fight.

8. EvoTheGamer

EvoTheGamer Banned Banned

What about a match with DC?

I think Jones is going to be very prepared for the rematch with Gus.

Glover...i'm not sure

9. boozeco2005

boozeco2005 Purple Belt

I'd love to see DC vs Jones but Glover should be ahead of him in line IMO...he's earned it

10. Terry Toughnut

Terry Toughnut Purple Belt

Maybe Gus comes out more complacent next time round, believing he can stuff the takedowns instead of fighting for his life to stop them. Perhaps Jones comes in to the fight less complacent, with more of an edge, more nerves and more fear. Gus gets KO'd because he isn't desperate enough second time around, while Jones is twice as determined.

See we could use the same logic to determine the opposite result.

[​IMG]

11. BORCAT

BORCAT Banned Banned

Well if he fights Gus next, then he's 100% losing.

Even Bones knows this.

12. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

I'm surprised with the confidence in the thought that Gus will stop him in the rematch that some of you fellas are saying. Gus landed a lot on Jones. He made him look hittable and vulnerable but another major take away from that fight- in addition to goddamn Gus is even better than I thought- was that Jones has a nasty chin.

The guy never looked rocked on any single occasion. Sure Gus could land the right shot and floor him but nothing in that fight really convinced me that's it's likely Gus stops him early next time around. I see it being another war and I'd love for Gus to dethrone him in the rematch. But I don't see the viewpoint "Gus will KO him."

13. Bargey

Bargey Red Belt

No. Jones was challenged and came through in the clutch. If anything, this will make him more unbeatable than ever.

14. FedorStMcGregor**

FedorStMcGregor** Blue Belt

All Gus has to do to win is, keep his same level of TDD ( I actually think it'll only get better too), and avoid the spamming of desperate spinning shit that jones resorted to.. Working on his cardio would be icing on the cake and it should get better now that he's had the experience of a 5 round fight..

Gus by Shadface-esk KO of Jones. Shit, he had Jones looking like a Shadface without even KO'ing him, imagine what Jones would have looked like unconscious....

I don't blame Jones for trying to duck the rematch.

15. scrap style**

scrap style** Banned Banned

If Gus is his next fight I think he will. Glover hasn't convinced me yet. But neither did Gus... He surprised everybody

16. scrap style**

scrap style** Banned Banned

Bones losing is 100%? Riiiiighhttt

17. Cj Bernauer

Cj Bernauer Purple Belt

The aura thing works for what happened to Fedor and Brock, but the difference is Fedor and Brock showed they could be stopped. Jones showed he has a great chin and the one time he's been taken down he got right back up.

18. EvoTheGamer

EvoTheGamer Banned Banned

Yeah true. I hope Glovers cardio and wrestling can keep up with Jones

19. feedhimbrah

feedhimbrah Orange Belt

I have a feeling bones will dominate his next fight ( unless its against gus who I think could tko jones)

20. Phoenix Down

Phoenix Down Banned Banned

Absolutely nothing about your post was scientific.