I feel weak...

Theres always some bigger stronger bloke than myself...usually they are on the grease...but whatever...alot of it just has to do with the kind of rep schemes they are doing.

Your work ethic is overwhelming.

Thanks for all the motivational posts. Of course, it was inspiring, but in the same time it was a bit depressing, but I'm going to work harder, that's for sure. Right now I feel a bit down, because I broke my nose real bad recently, and the doc forbid me to lift because he's afraid the wound could get infected because of perspiration...

About the actual lift, I'm a noob, so I might have misread the plates, but I'm quite sure about it. Plus, her coach told me that exact number, I'm sure it was it. Maybe he was lying about her weight, I don't know, but she did look slim. And in the end, she lift more than me, and is considerably smaller than me (and I'm not fat). But it is inspiring, yeah.

About Noum

Alot of it is getting your head straight and not mind fucking yourself out of good lifts. You can never think about missing it. If you do you need to wait that out and clear your head. You need to know what you can lift and cant lift but you probally know what I am talking about. The best thing is to change up your lifts...every three weeks is about right for most people...but get away from even being the least bit concerned what your bench it...cause thats a number thats gonna get stuck in your head. For instance I can do 5x5 good sets and reps at 295lbs in the squat...a nice deep squat...and I can do pretty good at 305 but put 335 on my back and I puss out...I can barely get 335 for one nice rep. That has nothing to do with the fact that I can really lift it or not...Its all in my f'ing head...as a consequence I'm gonna start doing negatives with some heavier weight...just to get used to it. Mabye do some partials...which are probally closer to what how you usually see people squatting...but load that f'ing bar up and do some negatives go down to the supports strip some off and take it back up...to get used to the heavier weight. You can also do this with bench or any exercise...but down worry about the weight...and if you want to be strong you need to get away from the ten reps thing.

Thats how I got my incline strong...actually by doing partials. Thats how Anderson did it...dug out a whole and squatted right out of a hole in his back yard. Thats right and every week he would throw a little dirt back in that hole and it made him squat a little deeper every couple of weeks until finally he was putting up some really good numbers.

Great fucking post man.

Alot of it is getting your head straight and not mind fucking yourself out of good lifts. You can never think about missing it. If you do you need to wait that out and clear your head. You need to know what you can lift and cant lift but you probally know what I am talking about. The best thing is to change up your lifts...every three weeks is about right for most people...but get away from even being the least bit concerned what your bench it...cause thats a number thats gonna get stuck in your head. For instance I can do 5x5 good sets and reps at 295lbs in the squat...a nice deep squat...and I can do pretty good at 305 but put 335 on my back and I puss out...I can barely get 335 for one nice rep. That has nothing to do with the fact that I can really lift it or not...Its all in my f'ing head...as a consequence I'm gonna start doing negatives with some heavier weight...just to get used to it. Mabye do some partials...which are probally closer to what how you usually see people squatting...but load that f'ing bar up and do some negatives go down to the supports strip some off and take it back up...to get used to the heavier weight. You can also do this with bench or any exercise...but down worry about the weight...and if you want to be strong you need to get away from the ten reps thing.

Thats how I got my incline strong...actually by doing partials. Thats how Anderson did it...dug out a whole and squatted right out of a hole in his back yard. Thats right and every week he would throw a little dirt back in that hole and it made him squat a little deeper every couple of weeks until finally he was putting up some really good numbers.

Hee, you wrote a motivational for my motivational! Thanx!
I consider my lifts nowhere near having to use partials or anything. That would be like using bands or chains I think some of the guys here use the 5x5 or 8x3 scheme and go small but steady steps, i.e. 4x5x205 and the last set 5x215 or something like that. The next time they go for 3x5x205 and 2x5x215. think this could work for me too. But I'm definitely gonna give the negatives a try just for getting used to the higher weight.
Oh and about Anderson:
paulanderson.jpg

Don't forget the gals were watching

If anybody is still interested in that old thread, I found the name of the female lifter I saw: she is Dika Toua, I have made some reasearch and she does seem to be quite strong (she won gold medal at the 2007 Pacific games weightlifting). Still the number seem impressive, there was probably an error or some BS. But it was a pretty impressive demo nonetheless.

WAstn this posted before?

Of course the girl is strong she's Polynesian!!!!

Fake plates + bullshit.

Also, no 1.7m/5'7" woman is going to compete in weightlifting at 55kg.

Yeah, a 5'7" woman at 55kg? Who is an oly lifter? Are you sure you didn't hear, maybe more like, 75kg? That would be a bit more realistic.

Are you sure the plates weren't in pounds???

Ha, that's hilarious. Who knows. I'd believe a 121lb woman pulling 200.

Seriously, if that were the case, this bitch needs to be 1st in line for China next month. She could rule the world.

Back