I feel weak...

spiral

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yersteday I was spending my week end off in Noum

i also feel weak most of the time, but its got nothing to do with seeing how much other people can lift...

I'm not quite sure what your question is. Maybe you should read the FAQ? Or maybe your just wondering if your squat is indeed "loosy"? I'd tell you but I clearly didn't sell enough coke in my post college rebel phase to be able to understand the metric system.

To avoid a loosy squat my usual prescription is 3 cans of corn beef hash a day with the liberal application of hooker sex and cocaine. Lots of cocaine. Burst through those PR's. And blood vessels!*

*Your mileage may vary. Of course you could just read the faq to get stronger instead of fat, addicted to coke and have more critters infest your pubic hair then me after a weekend in a tijuana whorehouse.

To be serious for a moment: Learn to be inspired by lifters stronger than you, even *gasp* girls. Recognize the time and effort that lifter put into to get where she (or he) is and give them the respect their due for accomplishing something great and really out of the ordinary. Were all on the same journey trying to get to the same place (strong). Everyone's equal under the iron. Thats one of my favorite fucking things about it.

Don't let other people's accomplishments get you down. Let it motivate you.

Did you ask the trainer if you could join their group?

Well I weight almost 300 pounds and I can barely deadlift my own bodyweight so don't worry there is other weak pussy people than you.

I would find that motivating, inspiring, and hot.

Well I weight almost 300 pounds and I can barely deadlift my own bodyweight so don't worry there is other weak pussy people than you.

On the other hand, if you weigh 300 and pull another 300, that's sort of like pulling 600.

The women's world records in the C&J are

120kg: 48kg class
129kg: 53kg class
141kg: 58kg class
142kg: 63kg class
157kg: 69kg class
159kg: 75kg class

so either she is fatter than her trainer thinks or she was using fake plates. Anything over 120kg for a 55kg girl would be absolutely world-class. For future reference: Close to triple bodyweight C&J means that you probably just witnessed a world-record.

I feel pretty...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/loWrI1FneSM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/loWrI1FneSM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You can't compete with polynesians in that area.

BTW, a 200kg deadlift @55kg is also more or less the best you will ever see at an IPF meet under 60kg, so I think the coach was somewhat full of shit.

You were spending a week here, and you took the time to feel sorry for yourself because you are weak? You need to get a grip and have some fun. Also, I am disappointed that you weren't all over that Polynesian girl.
'
800px-Noum%C3%A9a_Ile_des_Pins_Saint_Joseph.JPG

Not long ago I felt weak everytime I lifted. I felt like lifting would rather burn me out than make me stronger. Recovering from squatting or deadlifting took surprisingly long. That was contradictory to the last 30 years competing in different sports. When I lifted my first dumbells I was enjoying the tension and the struggle against gravity and I felt my strength rather than my weakness, despite my lifting numbers. It took me several months to realize I was thinking myself weak. Now I enjoy lifting more than ever and I don't care about my comparatively low numbers.

Not long ago I felt weak everytime I lifted. I felt like lifting would rather burn me out than make me stronger. Recovering from squatting or deadlifting took surprisingly long. That was contradictory to the last 30 years competing in different sports. When I lifted my first dumbells I was enjoying the tension and the struggle against gravity and I felt my strength rather than my weakness, despite my lifting numbers. It took me several months to realize I was thinking myself weak. Now I enjoy lifting more than ever and I don't care about my comparatively low numbers.

Great post. QFT. Competition allows a person to inspire another to achieve greater heights than previously thought possible. Respect anyone who decides to take a a journey of strength in this day and age, its pretty damn rare.

The women's world records in the C&J are

120kg: 48kg class
129kg: 53kg class
141kg: 58kg class
142kg: 63kg class
157kg: 69kg class
159kg: 75kg class

so either she is fatter than her trainer thinks or she was using fake plates. Anything over 120kg for a 55kg girl would be absolutely world-class. For future reference: Close to triple bodyweight C&J means that you probably just witnessed a world-record.

That was the very first thing i thought, either someone was mistaken about the numbers (either her weight or the amount lifted) or she just set some new world records by a GOOD margin. ~3x BW C&J and ~4x BW deadlift...

Deadlift World Records:
44kg/97 lbs 150.0kg/330.5 ANA SANTIAGO
48kg/105 lbs 150.5kg/331.5 CARMELA BAQUI
52kg/114 lbs 195.0kg/429.7 VALERIE TYREE
56kg/123 lbs 188.5kg/415.4 CAROL MYERS
60kg/132 lbs 200.0kg/440.7 JO WALKER

Fake plates + bullshit.

Also, no 1.7m/5'7" woman is going to compete in weightlifting at 55kg.

Nely Yankova competed in diverse classes between 50 and 56kg at 5'6" (several gold medals and Euros and Worlds).

Alot of it is getting your head straight and not mind fucking yourself out of good lifts. You can never think about missing it. If you do you need to wait that out and clear your head. You need to know what you can lift and cant lift but you probally know what I am talking about. The best thing is to change up your lifts...every three weeks is about right for most people...but get away from even being the least bit concerned what your bench it...cause thats a number thats gonna get stuck in your head. For instance I can do 5x5 good sets and reps at 295lbs in the squat...a nice deep squat...and I can do pretty good at 305 but put 335 on my back and I puss out...I can barely get 335 for one nice rep. That has nothing to do with the fact that I can really lift it or not...Its all in my f'ing head...as a consequence I'm gonna start doing negatives with some heavier weight...just to get used to it. Mabye do some partials...which are probally closer to what how you usually see people squatting...but load that f'ing bar up and do some negatives go down to the supports strip some off and take it back up...to get used to the heavier weight. You can also do this with bench or any exercise...but down worry about the weight...and if you want to be strong you need to get away from the ten reps thing.

Thats how I got my incline strong...actually by doing partials. Thats how Anderson did it...dug out a whole and squatted right out of a hole in his back yard. Thats right and every week he would throw a little dirt back in that hole and it made him squat a little deeper every couple of weeks until finally he was putting up some really good numbers.

Back