I feel bad for Gustaffson

You defend a belt 7 times then you're getting a rematch as you should and as DC suggested is right. Not to mention that the rematch is ultimately a rubber match.

Such is proper.

No sheet. The guy you quoted must be trolling.

It is not rocket science here, folks. Bones will get an immediate rematch if he loses, unless he suffers a serious injury.

I don't think Bones will lose. He is very smart and will make the necessary adjustments to beat Gus again.

You don't feel bad for Jones though? Haters ...

If the UFC was more of a sport and less entertainment, your shoulds and shouldn'ts would be correct.

However, it's entertainment (read: money) first, any semblance of sport legitimacy second.

Should Gus get the W, I am sure Jones will get an instant-rematch.

Depends on if it's close or dominant.

If Gus dominates Jones, there won't be an instant rematch.
If it is close, he probably will, provided they don't give Cormier the next shot.

Granted with this fight 3 months away, that would put DC on the shelf a long damned time.

Granted with this fight 3 months away, that would put DC on the shelf a long damned time.

Hence why they should make him take another fight.

Best case scenario, he's not fighting the champ until ~March/April.

Worst case scenario, Jones v Gus 3 is taking place in March/April and DC finds himself waiting until ~Aug/September of NEXT year for his shot.

i'll feel bad for Gus in a couple of months when Jones still hasn't signed a contract to face him. he's super pumped for another shot, that's what matters.

Well I think I kind of prefer the reign of an incredibly skilled champion to a revolving door of one guy knocking out the guy that knocked the guy out that beat the guy.

It was supposed to be Machida though. Damn you, Bones.

You feel bad for him...yet he makes more money than you. Smashes more hoes than you. Drives a nicer car than you. Smokes better weed than you. And you feel sorry for him lol ya ok...

The weed part is debatable.

If Gus wins the next fight I feel bad for whoever Jones gets as a rebound.

The present top of LHW is a shark tank anyways. Jones, Gus, Dc, Glover, Manuwa, Rumble. They'll have to face each other sooner or later.

lol, what about Jones?

I feel bad for him, having to face Gustafsson, Teixeira, Gustafsson, Cormier in succession...

Jones should not get a rematch.

If gus wins by a narrow margin he should say that he thought it was decisive and that he wants glover instead of a rematch to prove himself.

I doubt he has to give Jones a rematch and if Jones loses I doubt he will want a rematch straight away.

you know what man, i have a feeling even if gus KOs the eyepoker jones, the ufc will give jones an immediate rematch. i hope i'm wrong.

You feel bad for him...yet he makes more money than you. Smashes more hoes than you. Drives a nicer car than you. Smokes better weed than you. And you feel sorry for him lol ya ok...

Speaking about his situation to remain champion.

If the UFC was more of a sport and less entertainment, your shoulds and shouldn'ts would be correct.

However, it's entertainment (read: money) first, any semblance of sport legitimacy second.

Should Gus get the W, I am sure Jones will get an instant-rematch.
That color is gayer than a picnic basket, I feel queer just reading it.

Back