I feel bad for Gustaffson

It took Jones 3 rounds to figure out Gustafsson....but I think this time it's not going to take so long.

I think Jones will come in with the most perfect gameplan and pretty much own Gus everywhere.

He has to face Jones again(#1 P4P in the World), which is going to be tough as hell.

If he wins, he will have to give Jones a rematch because of Jones long title run.
If he wins that third fight as well by some miracle, he will have to face the mothafucking terminator that is Daniel Cormier.

Brutal.

Yeah a terminator he is alright, DC. What he terminates is my lust to watch a fight. Laying and praying all sweaty and rubbing back and forth the whole time, not my cup of tea.

It took Jones 3 rounds to figure out Gustafsson....but I think this time it's not going to take so long.

I think Jones will come in with the most perfect gameplan and pretty much own Gus everywhere.

I think Jones had the better cardio for 5x5 mins and that

Personally I don't think if he beats Jones, Jones will get the instant rematch. DC fight would be very interesting.

He shouldn't have to give Jones a rematch, Gus didn't get one and just because a champ has a long run doesn't mean he gets in immediate rematch. He should have to work his way back like everyone else

Getting a rematch when you're 0-1 against a guy is different than when it's tied at 1-1.

He shouldn't have to give Jones a rematch, Gus didn't get one and just because a champ has a long run doesn't mean he gets in immediate rematch. He should have to work his way back like everyone else

This!

i hope he beats Bones. but either way cormier is a tough fight for Gus or Bones

I dont feel bad for Gus at all, hes gonna whoop Jones ass then hes gonna get a break and after that whoop the contenders.

He has to face Jones again(#1 P4P in the World), which is going to be tough as hell.

If he wins, he will have to give Jones a rematch because of Jones long title run.
If he wins that third fight as well by some miracle, he will have to face the mothafucking terminator that is Daniel Cormier.

Brutal.

ya. i always feel bad for guys who reach the heights of their chosen professions.

such a shame.

jones isn't going to get a immediate rematch.

You feel bad for him...yet he makes more money than you. Smashes more hoes than you. Drives a nicer car than you. Smokes better weed than you. And you feel sorry for him lol ya ok...

Thats not nice to call that innocent woman he body slammed on a pier a hoe. She was just minding her own business

It took Jones 3 rounds to figure out Gustafsson.

By figuring out you mean getting wrecked for 4 minutes in the 4th round before he finally landed the spinning elbow that he tried 5 times earlier in the fight? Not sure I would call that "figure out".

The 4th round was Gustafsson's most dominant one until the elbow landed which pretty much won Jones the fight.

Don't feel bad for him. All the fights you mention are title fights. Shots at winning the belt or defending it. Tough fights is what you should expect when you are the #1 contender or the champ.

By figuring out you mean getting wrecked for 4 minutes in the 4th round before he finally landed the spinning elbow that he tried 5 times earlier in the fight? Not sure I would call that "figure out".

The 4th round was Gustafsson's most dominant one until the elbow landed which pretty much won Jones the fight.

Post of the year!!

I'm fairly certain Gus doesn't look at it the same. He's in the fight game for a reason and that's clearly to be the best in his division and hold that belt.

He's looking this as THE opportunity of a lifetime.

Don't feel bad for someone doing what they love to do, ever. Some people work at a desk. Some people fight for a living.

Alexander-Gustafsson-PNG.png

Gus didn't have a rematch clause in his fighting papers, which is something only long standing champs get. Do you think Anderson silva would have got a rematch after his ko to weidman if it had of been his 2nd title defence? No he earned the right to have a rematch clause in his contract.

Stop talking bullshit and understand the legalities.

I wouldn't be surprised after seeing renan baraos horrible contract that his management was far to stupid to be able to negotiate a rematch clause. But that's a different topic all together.

Last edited:
jones isn't going to get a immediate rematch.

Yea, they should throw him a can like Shogun who he can brutalize before the 3rd fight with gustaffson. I'd be down to see that.

He totally deserves a rematch if he loses though, only loss so far in his career was a DQ, widely considered the #1 p4p, and they would be 1-1. Anyone who doesn't think he should get an instant rematch is OUT OF THEIR MIND.

If Gus wins DC and Jones should fight each other for the shot. If JBJ wins then he fights DC. Seems simple enough.

Back