I dont know about the $$$ but I LOVE the reebok partnership so far

Need to bring some personality to this get up. If the fighter wants to, they should let the fighter pick the colors and design they want for the shorts and shirts. Personal fighter designs would probably sell. If the fighter doesn't care then give them black and white or whatever.

It's crap. Most mindblowing of all is how they decided that one fighter should wear black and white shorts, and the other white and black. I mean.. seriously, are these people at Reebok THAT stupid that they'd put everyone in the same colours or are they being wilfully incompetent for some reason?

We had some MMA rookies over at the TJ/Renan rematch and that was a major topic of conversation.

I truly think Reebok is plagued with incompetence. Seems like they've either stagnated or declined since the 90s.

Only thing I liked from these "kits" is the valetudo, tight shorts. They look awesome. Other sh1t sucks.

It's crap. Most mindblowing of all is how they decided that one fighter should wear black and white shorts, and the other white and black. I mean.. seriously, are these people at Reebok THAT stupid that they'd put everyone in the same colours or are they being wilfully incompetent for some reason?

That's what I want to know, how many events has it been since the Reebok deal went in place .. and look how little variety Reebok has done regarding the shorts

We had some MMA rookies over at the TJ/Renan rematch and that was a major topic of conversation.

I truly think Reebok is plagued with incompetence. Seems like they've either stagnated or declined since the 90s.

You're not far off. Reebok is quite a bit behind Nike/Adidas/etc and that's definitely no accident

It doesn't look cleaner at all. You still have a mat and the octagon that looks like a fun fair. And Dana pretends like he wanted to make it look cleaner.

Im against giving the fighters freedom to implement what they want on their shorts and their banners. Most of these guys have horrific taste evidenced by some of the horrific tattoos on some of these guys. THey work for a corporation and they need to project an image set forth from the top of the corp. Skull and crossbones and all that immature shit holds back the company in many regards.
All of you want the fighters to have artistic freedom but my god look at what these guys do to their own bodies, some of those tats are absolutely abominable.

I would like a cleaner mat to go with it too

They should get a mat that cleans itself from blood and sweat while the fight is going on. My high estrogen levels make me want to cry when I see it.

no more skull and crossbones and juvenile ed hardy designs all over the cage. The sport looks clean and refined. I really enjoy the new look. I gave it a few weeks before I compared and contrasted the before and after look and feel of everything. I say bravo to what it appears to be. If the fighters are getting screwed then its a different story, but we wont really know until they continue for a little while.

Comparing is noting both similarities and differences, whereas contrasting is noting the differences only. Just sayin'.

On a related note, the new kits are boring and generic. Frankly the whole look is uninspired and it doesn't reflect well at all on Reebok or the UFC.

I wanted to like it, but it just seems really bland as of now. I'm still hopeful tho, if they use the current look as the drawing board and add unique personalization for fighters it could look very nice

Im all for them writing nicknames on the shorts and walkout tees but keep it homogenous and clean.

I like the names of the fighters on the shorts. Helps me tell them apart when it's prelims. The gold and black for the champs is cool too. The rest sucks.

I like the way all the fights all night long look exactly the same.

I like my fighters like I like my milk - homogenized.

I hear that, brother!

I like my fighters like my prescription drugs - generic.

It's bland and boring as hell and the fighters don't get shit from it. Not to mention it's fucking Reebok. It's like being an Olympic track star sponsored by Skechers.

the sponsors are horrible. Those Harley commercials are unwatchable as are the NOS ones. God they played that one where the scary guy gets clobbered with one punch about a billion times a few months ago.

Hey now. The NOS commercial where the scrappy 80 yr old man reverse ages through various stages of studliness before becoming a 20yr old drinking NOS is one of my favorite commercials ever.

Hey now. The NOS commercial where the scrappy 80 yr old man reverse ages through various stages of studliness before becoming a 20yr old drinking NOS is one of my favorite commercials ever.

I can't even sit through that commercial. The pretty boy at the end saying "you only live once" makes me want to punch him, and every single guy who's ever had a NOS energy drink in the dick.

Im against giving the fighters freedom to implement what they want on their shorts and their banners. Most of these guys have horrific taste evidenced by some of the horrific tattoos on some of these guys. THey work for a corporation and they need to project an image set forth from the top of the corp. Skull and crossbones and all that immature shit holds back the company in many regards.
All of you want the fighters to have artistic freedom but my god look at what these guys do to their own bodies, some of those tats are absolutely abominable.

They should have artistic expression even if you personally dont like it. They ARE the sport.

Back