1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I dont know about the $$$ but I LOVE the reebok partnership so far

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by bjpenngoat, Aug 12, 2015.

1. bjpenngoat

bjpenngoat Red Belt

no more skull and crossbones and juvenile ed hardy designs all over the cage. The sport looks clean and refined. I really enjoy the new look. I gave it a few weeks before I compared and contrasted the before and after look and feel of everything. I say bravo to what it appears to be. If the fighters are getting screwed then its a different story, but we wont really know until they continue for a little while.

2. joeyjoejoe

joeyjoejoe Silver Belt

It's cage fighting..... I almost miss those terrible affliction t-shirts.

3. Mikedh

Mikedh Silver Belt

I would like a cleaner mat to go with it too

4. bjpenngoat

bjpenngoat Red Belt

the sponsors are horrible. Those Harley commercials are unwatchable as are the NOS ones. God they played that one where the scary guy gets clobbered with one punch about a billion times a few months ago.

5. MaKaSo

MaKaSo Orange Belt

Only problem I have with reebok is the plain black and white colors on the shorts, fighters should get the opportunity to chose colors on their own

6. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Yeah, people choosing to wear what they wanted and having their own style, regardless of the TS' personal preference, was much worse. Who cares about money?

7. futuredave

futuredave Yellow Belt

I like the way all the fights all night long look exactly the same.

I like my fighters like I like my milk - homogenized.

8. The Campos

The Campos Black Belt

why do you even care if some guy that fights on the TV wear skulls and bones.

Ultimate Fashion Championship

9. MrDoctor

MrDoctor Purple Belt

I don't mind the design so much but the fighters get lost. There's no real individuality anymore. Dana said the fighters were happy about all the customization they can add. When does that kick in? And the placement and color of the names is weak. The American fighters in the black shorts' names get lost because it's a dark blue name on black. I think a better name placement would be on the back of the waistband. And they should really think about the color combination they use. The black shorts should have either red or white letters for the American fighters and the white shorts should have the blue font. That's just my opinion.

10. Podcast

Podcast I train butt touch.

Still needs some tweaking, but ignoring the $ side of things. I think it's really helping the sport, at least it's image. At the end of the day, I'm a spectator, and this pleases me.

If the fighters aren't going to stand up and help themselves, I ain't fighting there battles for them. Go Reebok! Keep bringing the change.

11. Spiderbite

Spiderbite Brown Belt

While i agree moving away from gilded T-shirts is a step in the right direction.

I felt that fighters were just starting to get on board with wearing suits and really looking the part rather than the pre-fight presser filled with guys wearing sweatpants.

Were halfway there.

MMA shirts are less ugly....But still look like shit.

12. ib313

ib313 Imagine a Dystopian UFC

Lipstick on a pig

13. Jackonflame

Jackonflame Gold Belt

The whole skull and crossbones and juvenile ed hardy shirt designs pretty much died out in 2010.

The last few years have seen some good looking walk out shirts that I'd probably buy.

I'll never buy this ugly official Reebok gear.

14. BBMN

BBMN Pancakes?!

I LOATHE Tapout and Affliction gear and winged skulls and sharks with crosses for arms or whatever banal stupidity the shirts had on them.

But seeing fighters get fucked over is even worse. I now miss that horrible shit.

There could've been a happy medium if they had tried. And Reebok gear is BORING as all hell.

15. gameclucks

gameclucks White Belt

this.

16. fishead

fishead Orange Belt

How many fighters have complained about slipping on the decals applied to the canvas? You'd think that for reasons of fighter safety they'd be looking at finding ways to be rid of those.

17. bjpenngoat

bjpenngoat Red Belt

Its probably hard to make something look clean and pro when there is a huge "x" factor leaving some variablesup to the fighters and their camps. When the ufc was only on ppv it didnt really matter but now they are on network television more than ppv, their image is important not so much for attracting new fans but sponsors and taking in new and bigger business. Like I said before, if the fighters are really getting fucked over this is super bad, but from its infancy, I am really liking the "reebok" era on aethetics alone. They will tweak this im sure and it will get to a better place, there is way too much money on the line for them not to get it right.

18. in the liver

in the liver Mo froots

worst thing about the reebok deal for me is:

no more of this

[​IMG]

19. Darwinambrosius

Darwinambrosius Thought you had a friend, boy?

Money aside (which is why I'm against the deal as a whole), the actual kits have plenty of potential. They suck now in my opinion, but some of the tweaks that have been mentioned will go a long way.

20. Neitzsche

Neitzsche Purple Belt

I agree with TS. I like the uniforms better, it cleans it up. I also don't know why there is so much bitching about Reebok, when in a year or two the deals will only get more lucrative. Reebok obviously wants to dip their toe in the water to make sure it's a worthy investment. The only people who are getting screwed are the aging fighters that won't be around much longer anyway.