I dont get

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I dont get the outrage on here over the grappling displays this last weekend..

This is fucking MMA ... mixed martial arts...

Its gotta be just salty crusty my favorite fighter lost tears ..

Or

Y'all have really either been brain washed or have no idea what your watching actually..

Grappling is an integral part of the game...you need to have answer for it if you wanna be champion and a long reigning one...all the all time greats had this answer...

You are either the best Mixed martial artist or your not ...

Everyone who lost on the weekend lost because they didnt have the answers for the test infront of them...you cant blame the test, if you didnt study correctly...these fighters knew the assignment going in..there is ALWAYS AN ANSWER

Nothing needs to change rules wise and having champions like this forces changes to the game FOR THE BETTER...we dont want all the champs being the same over and over again....

I've been a long time viewer and martial artists myself and i found nothing boring all card ... It takes a huge amount of skill and determination to pull off the type of game plan Valentina and Merab did.. not to mention discipline...

Show some respect to the athletes and smarten up about the sport your watching or go elsewhere..

2021.11.14-09.40-boundingintocomics-61918257c10e5.jpg

Come at me bro

Or

Y'all have really either been brain washed or have no idea what your watching actually..

Grappling is an integral part of the game...you need to have answer for it if you wanna be champion and a long reigning one...all the all time greats had this answer...

Everyone who lost on the weekend lost because they didnt have the answers for the test infront of them...you cant blame the test, if you didnt study correctly...these fighters knew the assignment going in..there is ALWAYS AN ANSWER

Nothing needs to change rules wise and having champions like this forces changes to the game FOR THE BETTER...we dont want all the champs being the same over and over again....

I've been a long time viewer and martial artists myself and i found nothing boring all card ... It takes a huge amount of skill and determination to pull off the type of game plan Valentina and Merab did.. not to mention discipline...

Show some respect to the athletes and smarten up about the sport your watching or go elsewhere..

View attachment 1063195

Come at me bro
I am with you!

There's a difference between knowing something is allowed and liking it. Ever play a fighting game?

How did ya feel about that guy that got one light punch ahead and then ran away until time ran out. I mean, it's not BREAKING THE RULES or anything. So you couldn't have been annoyed right?

can't really blame Val for playing it a bit safe for this trilogy fight. First fight she made a dumb mistake and the second fight she was robbed by Mike "10-8" Bell. So she didn't want to leave any room for any discrepancies. She was dominant the entire time.

I remember when people used to cry about Matt Hughes' dominance over Hayato Sakurai and then they would sh*t bricks when Matt Hughes fought Sean Sherk. Styles make fights. You use the tools that you have that give you an upper hand against your opponent where they're the weakest.

can't really blame Val for playing it a bit safe for this trilogy fight. First fight she made a dumb mistake and the second fight she was robbed by Mike "10-8" Bell. So she didn't want to leave any room for any discrepancies. She was dominant the entire time.
I forgive val for this reason. this third fight never needed to happen she won the 2nd fight in enemy territory with a crowd against her.

There's a difference between knowing something is allowed and liking it. Ever play a fighting game?

How did ya feel about that guy that got one light punch ahead and then ran away until time ran out. I mean, it's not BREAKING THE RULES or anything. So you couldn't have been annoyed right?

Just hippity hopping away until time expires. Maybe a taunt at the very end. That'll put butts in seats.

Please show me when this happened Saturday night lol...

Revisionist history already and its only Tuesday

I remember when people used to cry about Matt Hughes' dominance over Hayato Sakurai and then they would sh*t bricks when Matt Hughes fought Sean Sherk. Styles make fights. You use the tools that you have that give you an upper hand against your opponent where they're the weakest.

Exactly...theres nothing in the rules that say i have to fight according to my opponents game plan..

Fights break down into three categories..

The skills/style of each fighter

The physical attributes and fitness level

And lastly

Tactics...how do they employ the above two points throughout the fight...

Bottomline - Shev and Merab had the better tactics all night long period... O'malley final made an adjustment but it like in the last 2 mins of the fight ...where was the Teap from the beginning... Embarrassing

Please show me when this happened Saturday night lol...

Revisionist history already and its only Tuesday
Holding someone down and not attempting to do any damage because you know you don't have to, time will just run out?

You're right they're not literally the exact same thing so I can't see any similarities at all

🤷‍♂️

The best way to remove any discrepancies is to finish the fight. Like Grasso did in the first fight.

I forgive val for this reason. this third fight never needed to happen she won the 2nd fight in enemy territory with a crowd against her.
The second fight never needed to happen considering Val literally quit in the first fight when she tapped out. No one should get an instant rematch if they quit. Go pick up a win or two and earn the rematch.

Holding someone down and not attempting to do any damage because you know you don't have to, time will just run out?

You're right they're not literally the exact same thing so I can't see any similarities at all

🤷‍♂️

I think you should let somebody hold you against some fence and knee your legs for a couple minutes straight

Then you can come back and tell me how good those felt..

Hey could you tell me the part where O'malley did a whole bunch of damage wasn't he supposed to be the super skilled sniper who has one shot k.o power ?

Last time I check all the rounds and all fights start standing

you know my favorite part of the fight was when O'malley stook his hands in Merabs gloves to try to do an armbar that was my favorite part.... That type of behavior right there tells you of how underprepared O'Malley was his coaches let him down

I think you should let somebody hold you against some fence and knee your legs for a couple minutes straight

Then you can come back and tell me how good those felt..

Hey could you tell me the part where O'malley did a whole bunch of damage wasn't he supposed to be the super skilled sniper who has one shot k.o power ?

Last time I check all the rounds and all fights start standing

you know my favorite part of the fight was when O'malley stook his hands in Merabs gloves to try to do an armbar that was my favorite part.... That type of behavior right there tells you of how underprepared O'Malley was his coaches let him down
When the ref warned O'Malley about grabbing the glove, the look on Sean's face reminded me of someone who knew he was being dominated. The 'deadlegs' as we used to call the knees to the side of the leg had to have had Sean feeling like shit while receiving them.

Last edited:

Or

View attachment 1063195

Come at me bro
TS needs a Midol.

When the ref warned O'Malley about grabbing the glove, the look on Sean's face reminded me of someone who knew he was being dominated. The 'deadlegs' as we used to call the kneed to the side of the leg had to have had Sean feeling like shit while receiving them.

Absolutely probably every second knee was creating a charlie horse... imagine getting Charlie horsed over and over again every round and having to do it again and again... It's one of those moves that gets exceedingly worse over time the longer it keeps happening to you cuz your leg muscles get tenderized

Back