I don't feel like Nick Diaz has a competitive chance against Anderson Silva because..

No doubt. Remember what Anderson did to Rich Franklin, and Franklin was a HUGE, STRONG middleweight. Diaz has a gas tank for days, but he's not exactly the strongest welterweight out there. At 185, he's going to get destroyed.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I used to love watching Nick fight, but his style of fighting is not competitive against someone like Anderson Silva. He has too many tools. Silva will either stay just out of range or he'll smother him with Muay Thai Plumb ala Rich Franklin. I still can't wait to see it though... It's gonna be surreal seeing those two in the same cage.

On top of that Anderson is bigger, a better striker and has more power. Tough fight for Nick

Condit/Diaz is the fight to watch.

Anderson has better movement and is not afraid to run to establish space and has better counter striking. Nick walks forward into punches and in straight lines which is what Anderson begs fighters too. He wont have to beg Nick who will get Leben'd and Forrest'd.

Yup, Anderson is not going to repeat what GSP did at all.

I don't recall GSP easily out-striking Diaz.

I recall GSP easily out-grappling Diaz.

Gsp outstrike Diaz, but just because he tired the fuck out of him by laying on top of him..... but Gsp win that fight for sure. No doubt about it

These fights are nothing alike...and Diaz wont be so worried about the TD, so he will be a little more ready to push ahead.

Im not saying he will win, im simply saying these fights are so different its hard to compare the two and use that as proof.

And i dont really recall GSP dominating on the feet until he grappled him to shite for a few rounds...nor is GSP a slouch when it comes to stand up mind you...he's just become so predictably a grappler that ppl forget he is gifted all over the place, he just tends to grapple so he wont ever get Serra'd again.

I dont think Diaz relaxed in that fight until the later rounds. Of course the same or even worse could happen when going against Diaz but I hope not.

GSP boxed the shit out of Diaz the entire fight. I'm surprised at all the "i don't remember him out striking him" comments.

Anderson's style is a lot different but it's most likely even worse for Diaz. He's a nightmare matchup for Diaz.

Diaz doesn't cut the cage, doesn't have huge power, and throws a lot. Tends to leave his head stationary when throwing combos. It's a dream matchup for a counter punching southpaw who likes to pick his openings.

Lol reading all these it pretty much comes down to how much of a beat can diaz take and if anderson will gas out. Lol nick is going to get beat off bad and I'll be cage side watching! silva by TKO round 3

I would think that a Diaz fan would be hopeful given the nature of the fight.

1. Anderson is 39 years old and coming off of two fights where he was knocked down, knocked out, and had his leg broken.
2. 39 year olds are not known for their cardio.
3. Diaz has amazing cardio and doesn't get finished almost ever.
4. This will be a 5 round fight.
5. Silva's strength will not totally neutralize Diaz's strengths (swarming, combination punching)

So Silva will be in a fight with a fighter who is younger, has better cardio, and is hard to finish. Can Silva out strike Diaz for 5 rounds? Can he hobble him with leg kicks? Can he finish him? The old Anderson could potentially do all of those things. 39 year old Anderson who got the shit kicked out of him two fights in a row might not be able to. I guess it's a good thing for Anderson that Diaz has been out for almost two years. I don't think that will mean much for Diaz's cardio, but maybe he won't be so sharp on the feet.

80 year olds run marathons.

I thought the reasoning would be because he's not that good.

No way. I can see this entire fight being a boxing match honestly. A little faster than Diaz/Condit and less running.

Back