I don't feel like Nick Diaz has a competitive chance against Anderson Silva because..

Diaz is going to be eating vicious knees and this will mark the first time we see nick take a beating until the ref stops it.

Anderson by tko

I would think that a Diaz fan would be hopeful given the nature of the fight.

1. Anderson is 39 years old and coming off of two fights where he was knocked down, knocked out, and had his leg broken.
2. 39 year olds are not known for their cardio.
3. Diaz has amazing cardio and doesn't get finished almost ever.
4. This will be a 5 round fight.
5. Silva's strength will not totally neutralize Diaz's strengths (swarming, combination punching)

So Silva will be in a fight with a fighter who is younger, has better cardio, and is hard to finish. Can Silva out strike Diaz for 5 rounds? Can he hobble him with leg kicks? Can he finish him? The old Anderson could potentially do all of those things. 39 year old Anderson who got the shit kicked out of him two fights in a row might not be able to. I guess it's a good thing for Anderson that Diaz has been out for almost two years. I don't think that will mean much for Diaz's cardio, but maybe he won't be so sharp on the feet.

Silva is a pro-athlete had he knows how to prepare. If he forgets, his coaches will remind him.

I think he will smoke Nick within 2 rounds. 1 round to shake some ring rust and enjoy himself, test his leg, etc. Then he will wrap things up in round 2.

a bigger stronger better striker... is normal

Anderson doesn't have GSP's takedowns though. Completely different fight.

An injured Silva landed a swift takedown against Sonnen, however his takedowns does look hilarious and ineffective at times, almost look like a sweep just for shits and giggles.

Nick wasn't scared of GSP's punches or punching power. Nick gets hit to pull fighters into his game. GSP mixed it up and half the fight was GSP grappling Nick.

GSP didn't want to stand and bang with Nick.

diaz is underdog but how is silvas leg and mentality. also diaz is hard to put away and in 5 rounders he is dangerous for everybody because of his pace...he grinds you down and he for sure doesnt gas

Silva tko first round. This fight is not a competition at all

Also because Diaz has NEVER FOUGHT AT 185 IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! He's going to get wrecked.

Diaz is going to be eating vicious knees and this will mark the first time we see nick take a beating until the ref stops it.

Anderson by tko

No doubt. Remember what Anderson did to Rich Franklin, and Franklin was a HUGE, STRONG middleweight. Diaz has a gas tank for days, but he's not exactly the strongest welterweight out there. At 185, he's going to get destroyed.

silva is going to come out looking too touch gloves, diaz is going to slap silva's hand away causing silva to spin and expose his back, in which diaz is going to kick silva in the ass causing him to fall on his face for a diaz first round rnc

of the GSP fight.

I remember how easily Georges was able to out-strike Diaz by using kickboxing, which is basically how Anderson Silva fights by default. It's hard to imagine that Anderson Silva's kickboxing will be less effective at neutralizing Nick Diaz's boxing than GSPs.

Anyone else feel the same way?

But what's to say Nick doesn't go in there and ground Silva for 5 rounds. Just have to wait and see.

Also Diaz is only in this fight for the pay day.

I don't think GSP was out-striking Diaz. It was close, based on my memory, and that was because of the threat of takedowns. Silva won't possess that threat.

pierre outstruck and out grappled diaz. he outstruck probably because of the threat of the takedown. in either case anderson should be able to beat diaz, and i hope he does. but i dont know how much he has left in the tank. and Diaz wont stop until hes out cold or the time runs out.

Silvas just way too big fir Diaz. Diaz is one of my favorite fighters, but he has no buisness fighting at MW.

Condit/Diaz is the fight to watch.

Anderson has better movement and is not afraid to run to establish space and has better counter striking. Nick walks forward into punches and in straight lines which is what Anderson begs fighters too. He wont have to beg Nick who will get Leben'd and Forrest'd.

of the GSP fight.

I remember how easily Georges was able to out-strike Diaz by using kickboxing, which is basically how Anderson Silva fights by default. It's hard to imagine that Anderson Silva's kickboxing will be less effective at neutralizing Nick Diaz's boxing than GSPs.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Not me. This is Anderson Silva, the man who lost two straight because of the way he fights and not respecting an opponents offense (which I am guessing you need to do to be as brilliant at it as Anderson Silva is into baiting people to hitting him.)

Then on the opposite side you have Nick Diaz, PROFESSIONAL SHIT TALKER and Stockton bad boy who slaps the taste out of fighters mouths as he shit talks them? If it lasts 1-3 rounds I am hoping it will be an epic shit talking hit me fest.

Silva is going to beat diaz because hes much bigger, more talented in every area bar bjj (and thats not a big enough gulf to matter) and outright better. Picking diaz is kind of likes picking cody mckenzie to beat chad mendes, it was never going to happen. Silva might not be at his best, but he could of fought diaz the night he broke his leg and still won, this is an all time great against a guy who was a very average ww when he was meant to be good. I wouldn't pick the guy against saffedeine or story, never mind anderson.

Nicks main defensive strategy is to try lean back slighty and let punches fall short.
This wont work against Silva
His main shot at offense will be staying in silvas face and trying to keep him off balance with his constant combinations so silva cant get set and land kicks and knees. Problem is silva is pretty fucken good and sliping punches so nicks gunna have to be very accurate to keep silva from countering.

Would like to see ND do well in this fight but his style literally plays right into silvas.

Back