I can't believe I once liked Bas as a commentator

I was honestly never the biggest fan of his commentary but he paired pretty well with quadros in pride. I like him as a fighter but never understood the love for him as a commentator. These days he has deteriorated and is pretty cringeworthy.

Bring back Frye as a commentator. I remember in shark fights 13 he described Jardines fighting style as "a rabid octopus" . He had me more entertained than the fights themselves

Edit: here's some direct quotes from don fryes commentary
http://forum.mmajunkie.com/forum/threads/don-frye-one-liners-from-shark-fights.30268/

Because they are both color commentators NOT play by play guys. You need a play by play guy and 1 or more color commentators. I swear most MMA fans have never seen another sport in their lives.

Play by play is actually pretty hard and its not about knowing MMA/the sport.

What the hell are you talking about? Goldie may not know the sport, but regular play-by-play guys absolutely do. They have to know what's going on to break down the action. And they have to do it quickly.

You should pay attention the next broadcast. Rogan is the one who actually does the play-by-play. Goldie is there to announce statistics and do promos. His official position may be play-by-play commentator, but Joe has carried him for years. Hence why he performed like shit and was fired when he tried doing play-by-play for a football game.

Back